Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332382 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6990 on: December 04, 2016, 03:41:13 am »

does the fact that I just got 41 lives(including continues) in sonic the hedgehog 2 count?
Only if you didn't USE them all trying to beat the game.

Managed to help carry a team and made a very nice Canadian friend who mains Mercy while hilariously smashed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6991 on: December 04, 2016, 08:57:50 am »

Played a hilarious nomad game with a chill Danish guy. One of our teammates was useless, and the other was insanely salty about the fact that for various reasons I was practically wiped out in the early game and wasn't much use for about 30 minutes (game time). Poor guy, myself and the Dane were non-stop chirping him every time he complained about it. He brought it on himself, though.

We ended up fighting a hilariously long rearguard action, essentially 4v2. I think the longest either of us shut up for was about five minutes, otherwise we were snarking non-stop. And I love playing with trash an unreasonable amount.

It's not exactly an own, since we lost, but I played another game with the same guy and really enjoyed it too. Lost a bit more comprehensively, but eh. I'm calling it an own because I had a stupid amount of fun. :P

AoEII:HD

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: December 04, 2016, 09:04:11 am »

Finally killed Plantera after like 48th attempt. So much adrenaline that my hands are shaking.

EDIT: Changed to attempt.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:06:44 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: December 04, 2016, 04:40:12 pm »

Chimed in a forum discussion about how anti-air weapons were awful, especially in their intended role, overall agreeing with the topic.

Jumped into game, pulled a Sunderer with a flak gun, parked on a mountainside, and killed several fighter craft.

Hmm...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: December 05, 2016, 02:46:44 pm »

Not so much an "own", than it is barely scraping through. It took 6 days, but I finally completed the event maps.

Spoiler: TOGA! (click to show/hide)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: December 05, 2016, 04:40:26 pm »

Not so much an "own", than it is barely scraping through. It took 6 days, but I finally completed the event maps.

Spoiler: TOGA! (click to show/hide)
You do know that we have 3 more days, right?

I'd go for E1 and grind for ducks. Armok knows I could have used a ducky in my runs. So many planes T.T

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: December 05, 2016, 05:04:06 pm »

Already have ducks. Hatsuducki was the last one, and she went from level 1 to level 67 in the span of this event.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: December 05, 2016, 09:11:03 pm »

Absolutely wrecked Kahuna Nanu's team with just Ribombee. He even tried to pull the infuriating Fake Out twice, only to fail completely(almost, it still hurt) due to Ribombee's Shield Dust. Easiest boss opponent so far.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: December 06, 2016, 01:07:30 am »

Pharah card: MVP, 95% of match on fire.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: December 06, 2016, 01:57:41 am »

Finally started cutting through postgame bosses like a Scythe of Calamity through butter.

First off, I regretfully excised the Yakumos from my team. Ran was just taking up too much space and Yukari's nuke, absurd though it was, required too much fiddling to be safe. Replaced Ran with Hina[Adding Enchanter Reimu in place of Rumia to compensate for the lost defensive buffs], Chen with Mystia[For the status effects] and Yukari with Yuyuko/Yuuka/Kanoko[Whichever vaguely durable mage has the best elements for the given boss]. I also turned Kaguya and Flandre into Gamblers and invested a bunch of money in Shikieiki as an alternate Atk-scaling nuker for Dark-based enemies. This whole process took like twenty minutes.

Sporting my new set-up[With Yuuka on mage duty], I decided to challenge The Great "C". I'd already tried it a few times with my old set-up and figured out their gimmick:

There are five "C"s, each with slightly different defensive stats and around 2-3 million health. And if one or more of them dies and another "C" gets a turn, they will revive all fallen "C"s with full health. So they all have to be killed at once.

That fight, with my revised party, isn't so much dangerous as tedious. Mystia's poisoning and Yuuka/Kasen/Suika's nature based attacks whittled them down while Byakuren buffed everybody and Hina kept the "C"s unlucky. Most of their attacks were dealing very little damage. With one exception: Black Universe. Komachi, despite having easily three times the health of anyone else in the party, died quickly to a Black Universe instantly followed up by another attack. Tenshi, taking her place as a tank, did much better. Their absurd defences meant that they could tank like a beast even at 1 hp. Time wore on, Hina spun, Yuuka flowered and Mystia poisoned. Until one of the "C"s got to one health. That meant that I couldn't use any area attacks, not even incredibly weak ones. And so I switched to single target mode, trying to wear down the other four "C"s without killing them. After 4-5 minutes of stressful love taps, I brought out the big guns, in the form of Kaguya, Yuuka and Mystia. Only one "C" survived the initial assault[Still enough to restart the boss fight if it got a turn] and Yuuka barely got it with a flower shot before it could resummon the other "C"s.

TL;DR:I poisoned some cookies while rotating furiously and throwing boulders and flower petals

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: December 06, 2016, 04:36:57 am »

I developed a tracerless machine gun with absurd rates of fire. Truly, a thing of wonder, even if it only does fire high-velocity handgun rounds. BZZZZZZT *Sound of falling blood*

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: December 06, 2016, 12:44:10 pm »

Old Resolution: 125x125
New Resolution: 4x4

Training Error: 0.001
Validation Error: 0.013
Testing Error: 0.036

Fuck you all. It can be done. It is NOT heresy, and I will NOT recant!

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: December 06, 2016, 06:40:09 pm »

Took fire driving into a town. I pulled off the road and swung wide, parked in the woods, and crept up to a barn overlooking it. Still only had a couple pistols, but when I searched the barn I found a Mosin with five rounds. I crawled out the town-side door and up to the edge of the road beside it, where the ground dropped off into a long sweeping field. I saw two men running in the open, flicked the ranging to 200m without even thinking about it, and sighted in with those juicy, friendly ironsights. Squeezed the trigger once, a miss. They turned and started running back to town. Work the bolt, fire again, and the trailing one is down. Rinse and repeat, both are down. I waited a minute or two to be sure they weren't just proned out in the grass, then made my way down on foot.

Three Mosin rounds got me a Zastava M92 with three full mags and an M76 with five plus a 4x PSO. Serbia gonna be stronk tonight. Time to go loot the town.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: December 07, 2016, 09:37:09 am »

Had a mission where over a dozen aliens with rifles and mortars attack a colony. There might have been some trigger that cancels the mission if the quest-giver gets knocked out during the fight, since it mysteriously ended several times. You're given one each of three types of heavy turrets, plus the recipes to make more.

Getting sick of the mission cancelling, and having lost two of the free turrets, I went on a mining spree to collect the resources, built 10 Gatling Turrets, and 5 each of the Artillery and Missile Turrets. Built a small fort in the middle of the colony, and a wall of guns. The mission suddenly ended, but this time it was because all the aliens were dead. I only lost one of the Gatling Turrets, though a couple others were damaged.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: December 07, 2016, 10:33:53 am »

My grenade launcher was on fire. Every lob seemed to hit something. 25 eliminations to 2 deaths. 37% of team damage dealt.

Li-Jung Tower. The map in the market place with that pagoda near the edges. Noone got in through the side entrances without eating a grenade. Let the Australia run wild!

Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 711