Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332404 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6945 on: November 23, 2016, 06:17:42 am »

Managed to kill about 8 enemies with a single artillery round. Continued the push and eventually took over their main base. Picked up an enemy shotgun and dropped it in their armory to unlock the purchase for during the post-battle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, they immediately went on the forums to complain about how imbalanced the game was and how none of it was their fault.

large rocks OP plznerf!!!1
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6946 on: November 23, 2016, 08:04:59 am »

Wooo, X gonn' give it to ya!
I ambushed a known raider who was sniffing near where my hidden, buried treasure horde was with a iron reinforced bat. He got very salty. He was carrying an AK with 2 full stacks of ammo, which i know from the neutrals, that he stole. Added it to my treasure horde, and faked him into thinking its buried inside my 7day bunker. He got rekt on the iron reinforced traps at the bottom of the concrete fake shaft and spent hours breaking into a iron reinforced hatch. Then he had to contend with a room of reinforced wood spikes surrounding a door. That took him about another hour. Inside was multiple locked gun chests. Took more hours. All that was in there was a single unit of plastic scrap. I had followed him doing this and subsequently bashed him in the head again. He never found my real bunker, and if you dont already know where it was, even id never find it. He rage quit. Justice was done for my fellow survivors on the other side of the map who got ganked by this guy.

7 days to die.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: November 23, 2016, 01:01:38 pm »

When you say hours, do you mean game hours or real hours?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: November 23, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »

Shadow pull my way across the city without being seen, end up in this little room that is completely separated from the rest of this level via quarantine bars- only access is via super powers. The room is a lab, and is chock full of glass bottles. I gleefully grab a couple and pitch them randomly at passing guards.

I accumulate quite a number of guards who keep trailing the sound of glass breaking just out of sight. Suddenly, one of them says "Aha, that's where the sound is coming from!" and I sigh a little, thinking that he's about to raise a pistol and I'm going to have to start dodging bullets. That doesn't happen. Instead, he goes over to a dumpster, which (to his credit) is in fact rattling slightly. He drags the other guards along and throws open the dumpster, the other two guards behind him with swords raised.

The dumpster is full of blood flies. Cue instant regret.

I spend another 15 minutes up there, luring guards into the growing swarm with even more beakers.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: November 23, 2016, 02:47:42 pm »

When you say hours, do you mean game hours or real hours?

Ingame....and real life. The whole debacle took quite awhile, the guy only had a sledgehammer and a stone axe. His auger got broke or he ran out of gas on the second hatch.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: November 23, 2016, 05:40:47 pm »

The AI in this game is good enough to misidentify where sounds are coming from, and that can be worked into a trap? Overall, how good is this game?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: November 23, 2016, 05:47:47 pm »

And it even makes sense, since you were throwing from an inaccessible area, they'd think there was no way it could be from there. I've also seen videos where you can throw something as a distraction and they'll go for where the thing came from if they see it happen, unlike so many other games.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6952 on: November 23, 2016, 07:38:55 pm »

http://webm.land/w/sXoq/
I... I don't want to know what happened behind me.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: November 25, 2016, 12:39:31 am »

I can't believe I even have to post anything that gave me a challenge for a Pokemon game, but this, I believe, qualifies.  I decided to challenge the kahuna of Poni Island at what turned out to be close to an equivalent level.  Her first Pokemon was Alolan Dugtrio, which immediately began the battle with a Sandstorm.  Sand Veil proceeded to trigger.  Every.  Single.  Attack.  By the time I managed to score a hit on the very last turn of Sandstorm, Dugtrio's combination of Ground and Steel attacks had ripped apart half of my team, including half the Pokemon I had with effective attacks and my only Flying type.  The Pokemon that finally managed to knock out Dugtrio, my Decidueye Vahana, tanked every hit and barely hung in there through at least half a dozen attacks not through its raw stats, but rather due to the affection mechanic.  On top of that and its early unlucky paralysis against her second Pokemon, Vahana still swept through the last three Pokemon the kahuna had.  Normally, I'd feel dirty about playing so fast and loose with the RNG; given that Sand Veil, though?  Turnabout is fair play.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: November 25, 2016, 10:35:08 pm »

I ran into the room with the Working Joes right behind me. Anyone who's played the game knows the showroom part with the supposed display models becoming active. Began looking around and found the back room had a ton of ammunition, EMP Mines, Molotovs, Crafting Components, and a save station. There's a rewiring station to set a fire trap at the door. Gearing up for a big battle - even two Working Joes can be a handful, but 5-7? Prepare for war. They bash down the door, and the moment the first one comes into view (on fire) I toss a Pipe Bomb. Cue Ripley saying that maybe one of them has a keycard. I got all of them in the one blast. ...Well, thanks for the supplies, I guess.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: November 26, 2016, 03:34:54 pm »

Won my first level 10 sigil fight. Context: That means I just walked my party of level 99 creatures into a brawl with a pack of level 1485 enemies, that had extra buffs on top of that and whatever insanity they brought along themselves... and won. Any and everything on the other team started off able to hit any of my critters for enough damage to kill them three or more times over. I started the fight entirely incapable of dealing meaningful (any, usually) damage, assuming I could even hit the things to begin with (I couldn't :V).

And my dudes killed the lot of them. Goddamn, but that was beautiful. and now I have to do it two more times, as they're given more buffs each time, ahahahaha

E: Did it two more times. First level 10 primal sigil, beaten! Not even a fifteen times level advantage, multiple hundred percent stat boost, and being unable to dodge or crit stopped me, ahahaha. though the first (and last :V) hit that got through and deep six'd my salamander to the tune of 106k damage (the salamander had <2k hp, with a base hp of ~900) did get me a bit worried, heh
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:51:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: November 27, 2016, 09:44:31 am »

Kept a Sunderer alive in an enemy Amp Station for nearly an hour during an alert, and scored over 10,000XP over the course of a single life. Eventually lost the attack probably because everyone bum-rushed the SCU room the second its shields dropped, neglecting the control point and shield generators protecting the control point. This happened repeatedly over the course of the battle.

The alert went on, and while both factions were pushing back our major lead, we lost the base next to the Amp Station because everyone else was camping outside the Amp Station in tanks. This left me to stop 5+ guys by myself, including at least one person from NC's [D117] outfit(Fuck. That. I know from experience I can't beat those guys), which wasn't going to happen. Almost retook the base because I grabbed another Sunderer while there was still 15 seconds left on the capture timer, and wheeled it around back while shooting down the same C4 fairy twice(failed because an NC Lightning found it).

With a minute left on the alert, TR was leading 44%-42% against the VS, but there was one base, The Rink, that was in danger of being captured by the NC and costing us the win, and I couldn't get there. Just before the end, the defenders, outnumbered 2-1, managed to rush the the control point long enough to clinch the win(we lost the base seconds after).

As a final bit just before logging out, a Wraith Flash with the grenade launcher managed to blow up a friendly tank(was probably damaged, they just killed an enemy tank). I ambushed it on foot, and taking advantage of their reflexive attempt to cloak before opening fire, and killed off the driver.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: November 27, 2016, 01:04:30 pm »

Invaded a guy in Lothric Castle while he and his phantom were cheesing the dragons to death with a bow. Came up with a devious plan and waited for them to finish. As soon as they left to collect the loot scattered around the area, I dropped down and one-shotted the host with a plunging attack.

Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6958 on: November 27, 2016, 02:18:30 pm »

Killed Manus pretty easily, after being stuck on him for ages. Decided to skip Kalameet (again) and go straight to NG++. So far so good on that, only boss I've needed more than one try on is O&S, and I nearly beat them on my second try. I hope I can make it in three. :P

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: November 27, 2016, 02:28:00 pm »

Dunked NG+ Lord Gywn by repeatedly sticking a scythe through his torso.

Decided to start a new game as a Strength build. I don't like the big heavy strength weapons like great clubs or great axes, so I went with a mace. Turns out that maces suck. In despair, I turned to the Katana Merchant dude and browsed his wares for a good strength weapon. And I found one:

The Club.

It has:
- The best damage type
- A-level Strength scaling unupgraded
- High base damage
- Decent speed for a strength weapon

The Club makes everything easy. I can one hit Stone Knights with a two-handed heavy attack. I killed the Bell Gargoyles in four hits. The Capra Demon took three plunging attacks before going down. This is great.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 711