Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332410 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6930 on: November 19, 2016, 06:03:24 pm »

Too bad you weren't playing Omega Ruby, otherwise you'd get the awesomeness that is Primal Groudon and Steven would be a chump :V
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6931 on: November 19, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

I didn't use Primal Groudon when I did play OR first. Felt too cheap. Too bad this time around my Mawile wasn't quite as lucky as her mother at taking down the Champion's champion... despite being over twenty levels higher and EV-trained for physical battle.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6932 on: November 19, 2016, 06:16:49 pm »

What, and using a legendary that double-resists Steel isn't cheap?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6933 on: November 19, 2016, 06:40:50 pm »

Well of course it was. Didn't I mention I ragequit before? :P actually my lunch break was over and I didn't have time to finish the battle... and I saved before entering the E4
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6934 on: November 19, 2016, 06:43:23 pm »

Why not just close the lid and let sleep mode tide you over until you had a chance to play again? ???

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6935 on: November 19, 2016, 08:37:15 pm »

Because "ragesleep" and "ragestandby" don't have quite the same gravitas as "raqequit." :P

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6936 on: November 20, 2016, 01:35:29 am »

Utterly dunked the Ame-No-Murakumo. I may have gone a bit overboard preparing for it. I grinded until everyone was level 100 and I had a million muns[For the achievement]. Then I spent half that money boosting everyone's stats. The poor swordy didn't stand a chance. In fact, I don't think I lost a single character. It started out easy, between the Yakumo beatdown engine and Byakuren's absurd buffs. 100% Magic buffed Eirin can overheal people for around 12000 health, which I utterly abused to keep Ran and Yukari alive. Things got dicey when it reduced everyone's health to one and I realized that I'd swapped out Reimu for Rinnosuke to help me get gold faster while grinding. Which meant I had no aoe heals. Eirin and the regeneration of Byakuren, Komachi and especially Yukari warded disaster away, thankfully. The boss, thankfully, didn't do any of its nasty single target moves on my squishies and Yukari just kept pounding it for ten thousand or so damage every 2500-3000 time units. It buffed its defense by 100%. Tenshi and Yukari brought it down to -50% It summoned some things to help it. Yukari killed them before they could act.

Mind you, it wasn't ALL Yukari. Flandre and Kaguya also contributed significant damage. I'm certain that Hina or Yuyuko could have achieved similar results with the right buffs. But Yukari is very durable even when built glass cannon, which helped a lot. It wasn't like other fights where I couldn't ever let any of my damage dealers get hit by even one thing. I could just park Yukari on the far right and occasionally overheal or 100% buff her into invincibility.

Its final phase did do some impressive damage, but all my front liners had easily doubled health-bars because overheals and no one died. Yukari killed it with another ten thousand damage Shikigami pummel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6937 on: November 21, 2016, 12:49:02 am »

After nearly 100 turns, I took all of England and Ireland as...England.

It was very heavy fighting. I took wales right off the bat, but scotland to the north was proving to be a strong enemy. My longbow men luckily won a lot of battles on my side, but scotland was able to field large stacks of troops. On top of that, my expansion was pretty slow because each castle/city needs a general to rule it. Each general when attacking also has to deal with supplies, attrition and their own individual income. One general I sent on a Winter campaign to scotland, and he came back starved and beaten. Got to scotland's capital, then had to turn back. He was also in major debt since he hired mercenaries. He in fact died right before he was able to make it to my northern castle. Just was a little ways away. Didn't die from the weather, but rebels attacked him and he stood no chance. He was at least just a general and not an actual family member.

But that slowed my progress by quite a lot. He was the general that would rule scotland's capital, and so I had to wait to adopt or one of my children to come of age.

Until then, I sent a diplomat over to Byzantine territory. I saw one of their princesses and was able to ally the byzantines AND marry the princess to my English heir who was not married at all. And by luck! The princess is fair looking, giving increased fertility.

Still for a child to raise to adult hood is a VERY long time. Each turn is 1 month, and it takes (obviously) 12 turns for each year. So you can imagine how long it takes to wait to have generals able to take care of cities or castles. On top of that, since I now am talking about turns and months. Each year, you can only recruit a certain amount of units. In January you can decide 12 units (or maybe its 14), 24 units or up to 40 units. But, the more units you have on the side (so lets say I chose 40), all your cities, castles and generals greatly suffer economically. Especially once Winter sets in. But you do get a much bigger army to recruit for that year.

Luckily though, I adopted two more people. Generally, I like to mostly stick with family members. But, it takes so long for them to age, that I adopted 3 young men to fight for my empire (one which died in his suicidal winter attack against scotland). And winter was over, so I stuck a bunch of troops to one of my generals and sent him off to scotland. Then gave my 2nd general some extra troops from other cities, and sent him to ireland. Which ireland was a pretty easy fight, and that secured all of that area.

Then my other general made it to scotland's capital. There he saw one entire stack of rather good units. However scottish must be blood thirsty, because they attacked and didn't have the reinforcements from their capital. The game also gave me an awesome starting location on a nice hill. So my longbow men did what they do best, rained destruction upon the enemy. My six longbow units wiped out more than half of the scottish army, making the rest of the battle a mop up.

And then took scotland's capital right after, as he only left two units there. Guess those scottish love to run out and fight the enemy head on! Head on, apply it directly to your forehead.

And all that took nearly 100 turns in a game that usually is mostly over in that amount of time.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6938 on: November 21, 2016, 04:29:01 am »

I hand-crafted some config files so that I could use reserved keys, and ended up with a semi-acceptable configuration that actually makes it possible to perform half the crazy crap you're expected to do, and indeed required to do to succeed! Mostly just using the mouse to torso twist, though.

With the jump jet controls bound to the arrow keys, it was much, much easier to dodge the missiles fired by the Wolf Clan tanks. This was especially vital near the end of the mission, as I was already damaged enough that a good LRM volley would have killed me. However, using the jumpjets to quickly strafe, I got out of the missile's way, destroyed the tanks and successfully completed the mission!

MechWarrior 2
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6939 on: November 21, 2016, 09:29:28 pm »

Here's a story from my gaming history.

The game is TF2. We are playing on a server that allows "bonuses" for a nominal fee. It's very open about this in the server description and the MOTD. We allow limited cheats for 5$ a month.

Anyway, my name is Dunamisdeos and my buddy's name is Gexathus. I had my bonuses on, and he did not. There's always some guy who does not read the MOTD and wigs the hell out about hackers. This guy sees me, dunamisdeos, a heavy, floating through the air across the map (you could do a sort of rocket jump) and screams HOLY SHI* THAT GLARTHUS GUY IS HACKING. You may note that first, that is not my name, and second, Glarthus ≠ Gexathus.

This prompted me to, while floating above this person's head raining loud minigun bullets and Russian accents down upon him, type out things like "Wow that Glarthus guy really is hacking" or "Who hacks in TF2 what a tool". 5-6 people all changed their name to Glarthus, and the guy called a kick vote against one of them (to everyone's sublime amusement). I don't think he ever figured out what was going on.

Good times.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6940 on: November 22, 2016, 10:31:53 am »

This prompted me to, while floating above this person's head raining loud minigun bullets and Russian accents down upon him, type out things like "Wow that Glarthus guy really is hacking" or "Who hacks in TF2 what a tool". 5-6 people all changed their name to Glarthus, and the guy called a kick vote against one of them (to everyone's sublime amusement). I don't think he ever figured out what was going on.

Good times.
I must learn from your mysterious ways of trolling fools.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6941 on: November 22, 2016, 10:41:42 am »

I hand-crafted some config files so that I could use reserved keys, and ended up with a semi-acceptable configuration that actually makes it possible to perform half the crazy crap you're expected to do, and indeed required to do to succeed! Mostly just using the mouse to torso twist, though.

With the jump jet controls bound to the arrow keys, it was much, much easier to dodge the missiles fired by the Wolf Clan tanks. This was especially vital near the end of the mission, as I was already damaged enough that a good LRM volley would have killed me. However, using the jumpjets to quickly strafe, I got out of the missile's way, destroyed the tanks and successfully completed the mission!

MechWarrior 2

Good grief. I play Dark Souls with KB&M on very nearly the default bindings, and that looks unreasonable to me.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6942 on: November 22, 2016, 11:53:39 am »

It's mostly like driving a tank in Halo, with the mouse controlling the torso twist. There's never really a reason to shut down your 'Mech, weapon groups aren't a life-or-death thing, and I've yet to need the night vision or Target Friendly function. The biggest hurdle is the throttle, which works like KSP (set the speed and it stays at that speed) except you also have to toggle between forward and reverse.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6943 on: November 22, 2016, 07:44:34 pm »

Was able to get myself around 100,000 ISK by the time I'd logged off for dinner.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6944 on: November 22, 2016, 09:24:57 pm »

I have more stories. This one is called The Laughing Rock.

Me and 3 buds were playing Warhammer: Online. It was an open-rvr game (anyone can be attacked by the other side at any time in almost any location).

Anyhoo everything was broken up into lvl-based zones. We were in the 1-11 zone, and our 4 man group consisted of a Tank and Healer near or at 11, a mid-lvl (5-7, maybe) DPS and me, a lvl 3 Witch Hunter (DPS). We were wandering about when a balanced group of 12 high-level enemy players spotted us. We could not make it back to safety (they cut off the path back to base) and tried to duck behind a particularly large rock and hide.

They spotted us moving behind the rock. We were proper screwed.

At any rate, we went into abject panic mode and started running around the other side of the rock from them, slapstick style.

Someone shouted GET ON TOP OF THE FU***** ROCK, which we proceeded to do outside of the sight of the enemy party. They did not realize we were on top of the rock, nor did they look up. They just kept running around the bottom of the rock, assuming we were on the other side.

After we realized what was happening, and after we finished rolling about laughing (on the rock, geddit?), we figured what the hell, they're going to figure it out eventually anyway, and jumped down behind them. We killed their healers, and then ran back up the rock before the front row came around again.

They almost walked completely over the corpses of their friends before they realized they were dead, then turned back around and ran the other way around the rock because obviously that's where we were. We dropped down on their DPS and killed most of them before the remaining chumps figured it out and turned around. All that was left was a few tanks, and we finished them off.

We killed 3 times our number by exploiting their abject stupidity. Also, they immediately went on the forums to complain about how imbalanced the game was and how none of it was their fault.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 461 462 [463] 464 465 ... 711