Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1332498 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6840 on: October 22, 2016, 06:12:46 pm »

Went full trololo on Roxanne. Had Flabébé blast her Geodue with Energy Ball, while Mawile hammered her Nosepass with Grass Knot and Iron Head.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6841 on: October 22, 2016, 07:37:38 pm »

Note: the hyperthreader actually has a memory leak. Use it long enough and the game will crash.
Oh, that explains it!

OI DEV, FIX YER GAEM.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6842 on: October 23, 2016, 12:03:13 am »

Had a pile of void relics left over from when the tower keys were legacy'd into them, including ten or so Neo D1s (which have Dakra Prime Blade as their top drop). Had the BP and handle, but I went through them quickly-spent the traces to radiant about eight of them. Thankfully I got the drop with two left, since I wanted Dakra Prime but never got around to getting it and it's in the vault now. Less direct, more RNG favor, but thank goodness for dedication to the grind being judged kindly by the spirits of the loot slots machine.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6843 on: October 23, 2016, 12:25:32 am »

My god, I've beaten the Darklurker.
I spent so many effigies on that bastard, but I beat him for things I'm not even specced for.
GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6844 on: October 23, 2016, 01:39:07 pm »

Dead Rising weapons are often much stronger than they'd be in real life (then again, I've never even taken a punch before so I wouldn't know how much damage a weapon would actually deal).

For instance, early on in the story of Dead Rising 2, you run into a trio of looters.

I had the metal baseball bat with me, which is used to hit baseballs at enemies as opposed to hitting enemies directly. I think I also had my attack power boosted to level 2 (I'd decided to start over after dying, but in this game, you keep your skills and levels).

For some reason, the metal baseball bat comes with twenty baseballs.

I killed the three looters with one each.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6845 on: October 23, 2016, 04:35:47 pm »

I suppose that if you were a professional baseball player, maybe even a minor leaguer, then you'd be able to hit a baseball with enough for to risk lethal damage if hit in the head. Remember that major league pitchers can throw a baseball at >80MPH - not something you want to be hit in the face by.

That said, directly smashing their face in with a bat makes much, much more sense. Do you get to use it as a melee weapon if you run out of baseballs?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6846 on: October 23, 2016, 07:51:17 pm »

The weapon breaks once it's out of ammo, but I am intimately familiar with point-blank baseball attacks. The bat is just as good a weapon and the ball can still whizz around and hit other enemies.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6847 on: October 23, 2016, 08:54:16 pm »

Won the siege of Karak Norn with an all-goblin army. Even then, the only reason for my victory was a pair of nasty skulker units sneaking to the victory point and holding it while the rest of the army was massacred.

Total Warhammer, as Skarsnik.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6848 on: October 24, 2016, 07:09:20 pm »

Skyrim hung on a room transition. I can alt-tab out, but this only results in an unresponsive window covering the entire screen and stealing mouse focus from everything else.

However, because I could alt-tab out, I could use Win + R to run the command line. From there, I learned how to use Taskkill to find the window named "Skyrim" and forcefully close it. No more having to log out to kill a stuck game!

Skyrim.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6849 on: October 24, 2016, 08:10:14 pm »

If you're on windows just Alt+tab and use the systems manager... or whatever it's called. The Windows equivalent of the force quit screen.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6850 on: October 24, 2016, 08:21:55 pm »

But Skyrim stays on top and steals mouse focus, so I can't click anything on the task manager screen.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6851 on: October 24, 2016, 08:26:40 pm »

I usually fix that by telling task manger to be "always on top" and then I can use it to kill the game, then set it back to normal.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6852 on: October 24, 2016, 08:49:22 pm »

Completed the "Streets of Rogue" demo as the Soldier, in spite of the periodic radiation hazard on the last level.

I discovered that I hadn't used most of the items/gold I had, most of the items I used were weapons of some kind (I took the loud approach to missions.

Streets of Rogue.

EDIT: Also completed the demo as the Scientist.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:50:41 pm by AzyWng »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6853 on: October 25, 2016, 01:54:00 am »

After three failed attempts and learning the hard way that its utterly immune to magical damage and using resurrection charms, I finally killed the goddamn multi-healthbar loch and its pet zombie dragon. That zombie dragon completely wiped the party four times during the battle. And the healer in the party got eaten in the middle of the fight or something, dunno she just fucked off and was never heard from again.

Dragons dogma, dark arisen.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6854 on: October 25, 2016, 10:58:09 am »

I was playing Lambda Wars (Think Starcraft, except Half-Life 2) with my friends. It was a free-for-all on a team-based map. One of my friends spawned behind me without me realizing, and ended up destroying my first base right after I had started up a new one, further away.

Then I return with saboteurs and destroy his everything with C4. He promptly ragequits.

Afterwards, I send more saboteurs to my other friend's heavily fortified combine base. He forgot to make scanners, so my guys just went in completely invisible and wrecked his shit, too. But he had like 3 other bases set up.

I end up having to take each of his capture points as if he's been fortifying japanese islands. Eventually, I'm at his last base, and when I scan it, I see that he has a single combine suppression device, which is usually more than enough to take out a squad of units. But since the Combine are like the Protoss, he had to power all of his buildings. He only had one powersource supplying both his headcrab cannisters and his suppression device, so I send D0G on a suicide mission, destroy his power source, and before he could realize what I've done, he says, "What was that? You only destroyed one building!"

Then I send in about 80 other units and finish him off. It was a good day. (For me)
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 [457] 458 459 ... 711