Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331175 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #630 on: August 10, 2012, 11:41:00 am »

I feel pretty good about myself whenever I survive a trip to the Borderworlds. Mostly because the Bounty Hunters Guild hates me. And they tend to swarm around me whenever I leave a station.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 10, 2012, 02:24:40 pm »

Managed to force the Japanese into a stalemate along the Yellow River by Oct '37. Not too bad for
the second game, I guess.

Now I need cut them off somehow, and unify.

And I put some 6 LRM20 and 2 LRM15 on a Longbow once back in MW4+MekPak4...It was fun.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #632 on: August 10, 2012, 03:09:28 pm »

I had just snagged the enemy flag, and was skiing the hell away at high speeds (for a Soldier anyways), somehow managing to evade any chasers (i couldn't even see anyone behind me). Then, as i get closer to our base, someone nicks our flag in order to prevent me from capping (we had 4 out of 5 so yeah). As i come rocketing from the side, i catch sight of the enemy who took our flag (who was being chased wildly). We were skiing in opposite directions, with a good bit of distance in between us. So naturally, i grab my trusty Thumper and fire a shot in his general direction (while moving at 110 km/h, the other guy going a bit slower). As luck would have it, that shot killed him, so my teammates took our flag back, and i scored the winning cap in one smooth move. Naturally, i sounded a bit like Hamstone in the following seconds, because it actually looked like i knew what i was doing. Which i didn't.

Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 10, 2012, 05:26:23 pm »

I truly owned in TF2 a couple weeks back, but otherwise...
I owned in Skyrim by luring a dragon a quarter of the way across Skyrim into a Stormcloak camp. I barely survived the trek, but I got my revenge by giving the dragon a taste of Molag-Bal.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 11, 2012, 01:15:04 am »

I placed thirty-fifth out of everyone this day and forty-fourth out of everyone this month in Third World Farmer. That's the highest I've placed in any game that wasn't single-player. It gets ridiculously easy once you get everything up to representative and enough money to build six barns, buy four harvesters, raise six cattle, and plant peanuts every fucking year and still have tens of thousands of dollars left. I usually end up like this by turn twenty or so.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 11, 2012, 01:39:21 am »

Hit a Devastating Critical of 146 on another player my level.

Playing as a Loremaster in Lord of the Rings Online, at level 10, where unbuffed I have about 290 - 350 health. So that's a hit that took almost 50% of the player's life if they were as squishy as me. Even better, because I was using Test of Will, and the hit succeeded, they got stunned for a few seconds while I took time debuffing the shit out of them with Benediction of the Raven (lowers fire mitigation), Power Word: Command (slows attack speed and parry chance) and then I broke it with Wizard's Fire.

A single Burning Embers critical then took care of them almost, leaving them on about 10 hp. My pet raven Huginn finished them off with a normal hit.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 11, 2012, 09:21:51 pm »

I injected someone full of alcohol, made them slip on a banana peel and then repeatedly threw them into a wall until they got knocked out.

I then stole their shoes and ran off, and upon their awakening I just hear this on the radio.

"GUNNER WELLS GIVE BACK MY GOD DAMN SHOES YOU SON OF A BITCH"
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 11, 2012, 10:02:08 pm »

I injected someone full of alcohol, made them slip on a banana peel and then repeatedly threw them into a wall until they got knocked out.

I then stole their shoes and ran off, and upon their awakening I just hear this on the radio.

SS13?
Seems that way to me.
Probably clown? Maybe mime.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 12, 2012, 04:18:28 am »

SS13?

Yes.
And as well a clown.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 12, 2012, 04:56:49 pm »

Got to the final boss of Spelunky, and died horribly trying to figure out how to damage it.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 12, 2012, 04:58:52 pm »

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 12, 2012, 05:07:05 pm »

If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

mud074

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 12, 2012, 07:20:02 pm »

I was in a crappy old Blenheim Mk.IF going for a bombing run over the town of Liege with my friend in the tailgunner seat.  Soon after I dropped the bombs, we got 3 bf-109s on our tail. Now, if you do not know what it is, a blenheim is a super slow, horribly bad at anything non-bombing bomber, while a bf-109 was one of the best fighters of WWII. As soon as my gunner called out that we had them on our tail, I put the trottle up to full and dived straight down. Under us, there was nothing but patchy forest. I pulled up only a few feet from the ground, blacking out in the process. With the massive speed boost I got from the dive, I actually flew THROUGH the bits of forest, dodging trees while flying sideways, forcing two of the bf-109s to crash while attempting to follow me and the other one pulled up to avoid the inevitable crash. Through luck, stupidity, and minimal amounts of skill, I managed to survive the trip through the forest.

Soon after I got back up to my old altitude, the surviving bf-109 was back. As my gunner called out commands whenever the 109 opened fire, I flew copious barrel rolls and stalled out many times as my gunner sprayed and prayed with his horrible .303 rifle cal machine gun. At some point, he managed to get a lucky shot to the 109s engine, starting it on fire. To me, it is a miracle that he ever even hit it with the random stalling, flips, turning, and slight lag that the gunner always gets. Even though I had 3 fighters on my ass, I never even once got hit and managed to kill all 3 in a bomber. Also, I found out later that one of the 109's, the one who pulled up, was a known pro at flying fighters.

Of course, the gunner and I found it immensely funny and laughed pretty much the entire way back to base, where I broke both props while landing.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 07:25:24 pm by mud074 »
In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only Googletopia.

Hurize

• Bay Watcher
  • Awesome God of Mass Destruction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 12, 2012, 07:39:02 pm »

In ArmA 2 I was in a F-35B (Jet) being chased down by 2 A-10 (Jet) warthogs....

So I dropped my airspeed and then locked onto one and the missile hit. The damage cause him to spiral out of control and hit the other A-10.

I was like
FUCK YEA
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 13, 2012, 12:27:54 am »

I saw Otto von Bismarck lead an outdated army against robots from the space age and win the goddamn battle. Not my ownage, but god damn it, it was awesome to watch.

Oh, now for my ownage. I amassed an air force so large that I could destroy entire cities in a matter of under 3 minutes. Do keep in mind that this airforce had no nuclear bombers in it.

Empire Earth with Art of Conquest expansion.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 711