Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1302496 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6075 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:51 am »

I made a slow but powerful wall and tried to pack a horde behind it.
It worked as a mighty pusher.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6076 on: May 26, 2016, 02:41:14 pm »

Maybe not particularly owning it, but it was fun and felt badass enough to do anyway:

Quake 2, Multiplayer-Coop-Solo, taking on the front gate to Makron's Fortress with only an energy pistol (kinda a cheap way to level-warp, and have unlimited lives on levels). How many heavy units did I take down in a single life? Speaking of which, looking at past corpses from previous attempts felt like coming across a past corpse/playthrough in a roguelike, and I just remember what that past life went through (and helped my present/future lives in the process), and how hardcore that past run was. Needless to say, the front gate was devoid of their guard after less than 10 lives were sacrificed to them armed with only pistols.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: May 26, 2016, 06:06:06 pm »

Beat the final boss (not the secret really-definitely-final boss), and now that leaves plenty of time for a fishing montage!

And I caught most of these fish while being struck by lightning, attacked by giant crabs, and swarmed by piranhas.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6078 on: May 26, 2016, 06:39:13 pm »

Killed the Zombie God Troll...

With just a pistol.

Granted, it wasn't really that awesome, just circlejerk the fool until it died, but it took a lot of effort.

Decision 3.
Even though I haven't finished the game on any of the difficulties, I'm still waiting for the fourth game. I wonder what that will bring?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: May 26, 2016, 06:41:27 pm »

Beat the final boss (not the secret really-definitely-final boss), and now that leaves plenty of time for a fishing montage!

And I caught most of these fish while being struck by lightning, attacked by giant crabs, and swarmed by piranhas.
That's... Recettear, right?  Or am I confusing it with all the other games with small girls assisted by even smaller girls?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: May 26, 2016, 06:46:08 pm »

That's... Recettear, right?  Or am I confusing it with all the other games with small girls assisted by even smaller girls?
Chantelise. It's by the same people as Recettear.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: May 26, 2016, 06:48:54 pm »

Let me guess - your fairy likes to repeat herself.
Black lives matter.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: May 26, 2016, 06:57:38 pm »

Decision 3.
Ah yes, you definitely want to pistol/melee as much as possible for that great money/xp boost. There's this HUGE difficulty spike in the middle of the game, and bringing in party members is completely useless compared to sacrificing them to the elder gods for base upgrades keeping them safely cooped up for their bonuses.

Let me guess - your fairy likes to repeat herself.
Not as much as the MC. She has exactly 7 different attack vocalizations - think Link, but with an extremely high pitched voice - and you will hear them all the time.

All the time.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:59:10 pm by Blaze »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: May 26, 2016, 07:51:09 pm »

no it's because recettear is recette and tear, so chantelise would logically be chant and elise
Black lives matter.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: May 26, 2016, 09:59:35 pm »

Ah yes, you definitely want to pistol/melee as much as possible for that great money/xp boost. There's this HUGE difficulty spike in the middle of the game, and bringing in party members is completely useless compared to sacrificing them to the elder gods for base upgrades keeping them safely cooped up for their bonuses.

Actually, I'm trying to get all the weapons and armor to max experience level first, which means switching out weapons as they get to level 10.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: May 26, 2016, 10:29:28 pm »

I survived my first spring~! Usually this is more a matter of me playing this game enough, but this game's gotten a lot harder since I last played, especially for the kawaii dapper muderneko build I've been using. Sure, I've got both arms broken from detonating a grenade point blank to kill a mi-go and a giant spider, but I've got lots of books and tools and a really neat safehouse. More importantly, I am properly decked out in lots of jewelry for the morale boost and I've got a nice quarterstaff for bopping zeds by the bushel. And I should even be able to concentrate on reading nice literature and healing my poor arms because Summer means that the bajillion and one strawberry bushes near my base will start feeding me on their own and I'll stop having to binge-eat salt fish and raw reptile eggs every day or so.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: May 27, 2016, 10:00:02 am »

Testing one of the new unstable Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup online versions (0.19-a0 compared to the most recent tournament 0.18.1). With the power of a new deity "Hepliaklqana" who is able to bestow a corporeal memory of the ancestors with you as a pretty permanent follow-ally which can be customized and branched out into either a warrior/battlemage/hexer (support/status effect mage), I...found myself living far longer than I usually do when I test out certain characteristics of the game until I am clearly outmatched (as compared to 'regularly nearly-matched but a spell hit my face and I died').

It's less an OWN since I didn't win a game with that deity yet (as my only games won are with the Good gods...as that's what I only play with .-.), but I can forsee a good strategy with this, despite the 'ancestor' ally being corporeal enough to block spells--it also blocks linear spells by the enemies like Malmutate!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: May 27, 2016, 10:17:42 am »

Tanked and spanked the Queen of Smiles and killed her in my first go, then went and got vengeance on the Mite-Knight and soundly whooped his ass too.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: May 27, 2016, 11:11:45 pm »

I learned that the core was supported by 4 'crystal pillar': Destroying the 'crystal pillar' will cause the rest of the crystal to destroy and winning the game.

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: May 28, 2016, 06:04:43 am »

Finally completed my no-bonfire run.

Dark Souls 2.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 710