Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 710

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1303325 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6045 on: May 16, 2016, 08:07:58 pm »

Got to the second bonfire in Blighttown with a surprisingly small amount of deaths.
Thanks, Great / Heavy / Soul Arrow and Partizan!

Dark Souls
Completely destroyed Quelaag, with Mildred's help, in one go. Sorcerer OP, pls nerf.
Sorcerer is OP until you get to certain bosses. Transparent spoilers: Like the Four Kings
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 08:26:13 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6046 on: May 16, 2016, 08:15:00 pm »

That is what Pyromancy is for.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6047 on: May 16, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »

the spoilers i already know are as transparent as illusory walls

And it was a joke. I'm rather frankly fucked if I get hit without blocking.
Black lives matter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6048 on: May 16, 2016, 08:27:00 pm »

I ended up fixing it anyway. Just in case someone else doesn't want to be spoiled.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6049 on: May 17, 2016, 05:36:14 am »

I think the developers knew this would be a frustrating section, since at the end of it, you get to take the irritating character you control for the duration of it and slam a very large and heavy sword into her face repeatedly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6050 on: May 20, 2016, 09:06:35 pm »

I beat MAP11: Circle of Death, aka "'O' Of Destruction!"

It's a pretty annoying map. There's a lot of verticality to it (I don't use up/down looking; I'm a purist like that). That means there's a lot of room for Lost Souls, Cacodemons and Pain Elementals to fly above you and rain destruction down while you can't even see them.

I don't think I've ever gotten this far in Doom 2 before, because I don't remember MAP12 at all.

Doom 2. It's still my least favorite between the first two, but I'm starting to see its merits now.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6051 on: May 20, 2016, 11:42:10 pm »

Just wait until you reach The Chasm.

I think my favorite was Refueling Base (MAP11?).
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #6052 on: May 21, 2016, 08:05:03 am »

We somehow managed to beat of a massive Vanu zerg. We were massively outnumbered, yet we managed to hold Snowshear Watchtower for about half an hour before pushing them back to Andvari when some of them left and we got reinforcements.

Aaand then the VS refined 10000 Cortium and locked Esamir. Bloody HIVEs.

No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6053 on: May 21, 2016, 04:46:41 pm »

Yeah, they can be a problem if nobody is paying attention. But with a good squad they can be ganked. A few weeks ago I played with a group, and we airdropped onto a base we couldn't even capture. The leader(who in fact had to respawn to get Infiltrator) hacked the vehicle console and everyone(at least a dozen in all) pulled Lightnings and just bombarded a HIVE base until there was nothing left. In less than three minutes a major player-built base was gone. Good fun.

Latest own: Got into a fight with some mushroom men over rights to hot water(is serious business). Two of them were versions of previous enemies with more HP. Altogether, they could hit with three different status effects at the same time: sleep, poison, and a new one, confusion. It's not funny when your healer rams an icicle into your back or you lose direct control of your melee'r and she decides the DPS firebitch needs another sword to the face(even if, in fact, she does, so very much). Despite the chaos their leader caused, the sleeper and poisoner went down in close succession, and everyone dog-piled on the leader. Afterwards, everyone thought it was a jolly good time and went for a dip in the hot springs they were all fighting over.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6054 on: May 21, 2016, 10:06:58 pm »

Yeah, they can be a problem if nobody is paying attention. But with a good squad they can be ganked. A few weeks ago I played with a group, and we airdropped onto a base we couldn't even capture. The leader(who in fact had to respawn to get Infiltrator) hacked the vehicle console and everyone(at least a dozen in all) pulled Lightnings and just bombarded a HIVE base until there was nothing left. In less than three minutes a major player-built base was gone. Good fun.

Latest own: Got into a fight with some mushroom men over rights to hot water(is serious business). Two of them were versions of previous enemies with more HP. Altogether, they could hit with three different status effects at the same time: sleep, poison, and a new one, confusion. It's not funny when your healer rams an icicle into your back or you lose direct control of your melee'r and she decides the DPS firebitch needs another sword to the face(even if, in fact, she does, so very much). Despite the chaos their leader caused, the sleeper and poisoner went down in close succession, and everyone dog-piled on the leader. Afterwards, everyone thought it was a jolly good time and went for a dip in the hot springs they were all fighting over.

Over a hot spring?

Are you sure this isn't Kid Icarus: Uprising in disguise?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6055 on: May 22, 2016, 04:58:28 am »

Hell yeah, beat Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with Nuzlocke rules, lost three allies, Poochie, my first catch beating by a very dumb attack choice (turns out normal is not good against fighting types), my Voltorb, who died also because of a bad choice against my rival (Water/Ground is not a good type to use electric types on), and, very unfortunately, Espargo, my faithful Blaziken, killed in battle by the champion's mega-metagross.
It's certainly fun, playing on these rules.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6056 on: May 22, 2016, 06:16:38 am »

Over a hot spring?

Blame the firebitch, she REALLY wanted to go in the hot spring. Also, the myconoids had blocked up the source so they could claim it for themselves. Spoiler: {After beating them, Arche simply suggests that she go ask the mayor to share the hot spring with them. It works and humans even find the myconoids to be pleasant bath-fellows.}

Hell yeah, beat Pokemon Alpha Sapphire with Nuzlocke rules, lost three allies, Poochie, my first catch beating by a very dumb attack choice (turns out normal is not good against fighting types), my Voltorb, who died also because of a bad choice against my rival (Water/Ground is not a good type to use electric types on), and, very unfortunately, Espargo, my faithful Blaziken, killed in battle by the champion's mega-metagross.

Um, Poochyena is Dark-type. Normal-type attacks do neutral damage to Fighting, but Dark is resisted. Both are weak to Fighting-type attacks, though. And yeah, immunities take priority over weakness, so a Water/Ground is immune to Electric. And I'm sure the biggest mistake people make against Metagross is forgetting that Blaziken is part Fighting and Metagross is part Psychic and knows Zen Headbutt.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6057 on: May 22, 2016, 06:57:12 am »

Yes, thank you, I needed to be reminded of my Pokemon noobishness.
That whole Blaziken vs Metagross came about because I'm a huge fan of drama, so whenever I can I'd put my mega-evolved Pokemans up against theirs.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6058 on: May 22, 2016, 10:42:24 am »

Was rolling random prisons for Escape Mode, and I got the perfect storm: a prison where the only entrance is a double set of remote doors... and all the power stations are inside. I went about my usual routine of smashing up showers until I was fully upgraded, then took out the power stations one by one. With the only access to this part of the prison shut off (the prison was mirrored across the road), I began murdering all guards with drills. Armed guards can screw you over in escape mode, but not if they can't respawn. With the prison clear of any disruptive influences, I fetched a lighter and set the place on fire. No firemen could come, for they could not enter. And even if they could enter, there was a huge line of ambulances and morgue trucks waiting so they couldn't even spawn in. The prison burned, and eventually the outer walls gave me an exit that didnt have me facing two armed guards. (There were also riot police, but those are basically harmless compared to tasers and shotguns. There were no normal guards, I assume those were chilling in the other prison). But now there was another wall around the prison, with two tiles inbetween. Which I couldn't burn down because it was a plain wall. I walked the entire length, and finally found my out: the creator of this prison had embedded two small guard posts into the wall next to the road gates, presumably for flavor. There was a TV right next to the wall. I set the TV on fire through the wall and waited for the walls to burn, then sprinted through to my freedom, leaving behind a burned necropolis.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6059 on: May 22, 2016, 03:05:52 pm »

Over a hot spring?

Blame the firebitch, she REALLY wanted to go in the hot spring. Also, the myconoids had blocked up the source so they could claim it for themselves. Spoiler: {After beating them, Arche simply suggests that she go ask the mayor to share the hot spring with them. It works and humans even find the myconoids to be pleasant bath-fellows.}

Um, Poochyena is Dark-type. Normal-type attacks do neutral damage to Fighting, but Dark is resisted. Both are weak to Fighting-type attacks, though. And yeah, immunities take priority over weakness, so a Water/Ground is immune to Electric. And I'm sure the biggest mistake people make against Metagross is forgetting that Blaziken is part Fighting and Metagross is part Psychic and knows Zen Headbutt.

Oh, and don't forget Metagross-M gets Tough Claws, as well as Blaziken, be it mega or otherwise, is quite fragile. I'm pretty sure that Zen Headbutt gets the Tough Claws boost, as it's a physical move that makes contact.
Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 710