Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328705 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5265 on: December 17, 2015, 08:21:29 pm »

A TR max is identifiable from kilometres away. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: December 17, 2015, 08:28:49 pm »

Kerbal Space Program: My attempt to land a Kerbal on duna (analogue of mars) and return went well, considering I had absolutely no plan. But I didn't quite have enough fuel in the rocked, so I did what any sane person would do and got Jebediah out of the capsule and used almost all of his jetpack fuel to get him on a trajectory home. It was only when he entered the atmosphere that I remembered that Kerbals didn't have parachutes. So I just watched him head towards the ground at terrifying speeds, I started flipping him every which way to see if that would maybe slow him down. It didn't, but when he hit the ground, he landed head first, and bounched nearly 30 meters off of the ground. I flipped him again, and he landed on his feet. Jebediah is truley a badass.

Note: This was before re-entry heating was a thing.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: December 18, 2015, 06:47:15 pm »

I beat Undyne the Undying on my first try. Probably helps I spent ~2 hours trying to beat her on a Pacifist playthrough because I couldn't figure out how to win, so I'm really familiar with her attacks. It also turns out there's a tiny little sweet spot where your little heart-shaped hitbox can position itself JUST between the tips of two spears when she does her "Little box & spears" attack. That helped a ton.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: December 19, 2015, 06:41:28 am »

Took out a very large walker droid(despite the fact that walker technology probably doesn't exist in this era) with surprising ease, especially since the masses of battle droids and turrets had been tearing me a new one the entire run. That tank was throwing explosions around... bit never really hit anyone for any damage.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: December 19, 2015, 07:03:25 am »

(despite the fact that walker technology probably doesn't exist in this era)
I thought Star Wars was subject to fantasy style tech stasis?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5270 on: December 19, 2015, 08:37:53 am »

In the EU it seems to be progresssing, albeit very slowly. New ships and whatnot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: December 19, 2015, 05:29:35 pm »

There's some things that don't exist in the Jedi Civil War era(KOTOR games) that do in the Clone Wars/Galactic Civil War era. Bacta, for instance, which replaced the kolto that was important in the JCW. I think walkers appeared sometime between the eras.

According to Wookiepedia, there were some walkers in that general time frame, though none appear in the KOTOR games that I'm aware of(the tank droid notwithstanding). Apparently, there's at least one that shows up in SW:TOR, which appears to start just after the end of the KOTOR series.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: December 19, 2015, 06:07:55 pm »

Did you do all the sparring matches with Handmaiden? That's pretty much the way to get her backstory, although not all questions will be answered due to cut content (it's better in the restored game, though still not obvious).

Some clues:

Spoiler: Least obvious (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Moderately obvious (click to show/hide)

Also, if you're strong enough, you can accidentally kill Handmaiden while sparring. It'll bug the game out until you leave the area. :P
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:11:50 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: December 19, 2015, 09:44:14 pm »

The final battle for Kronus was fought to purge the taint of Chaos from the world. Through min-maxing and abuse of planetary bonuses, I managed to get possibly the largest army possible. Grey Knights(6), both Terminator squads(16 total), seven squads of Tactical Marines(63 total), two Predators, Land Raider, 3 Dreadnoughts, a Chaplain, and a Scout Marine squad for kicks(4). Not counting Honor Guards and casualty replacements(of which there were plenty), that's pretty much the full company. If you do include casualties just from that battle alone, that's more than a full company. If you include all the casualties from the entire Crusade, including cutscene deaths... makes you wonder where the hell all these Astartes are coming from, especially since the Blood Ravens are supposed to be still recovering from their campaign on Tartarus.

Anyhow, Chaos got rekt. Campaign won.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: December 19, 2015, 10:08:58 pm »

I decided to ask a cheeky little rogue in the tavern to burn down my competitor's buildings, so I could become mayor.

Unfortunately, there were no wells in Luebeck, thus the population went from 3,500 down to 700 before the conflagration was brought under control.

Fortunately, rubble is cheaper to buy than a completed building, so I was able to purchase some houses just off the market square from my competitor, which increases the liklihood of rich citizens moving in.

Luebeck was rebuilt within the year, and is turning over a nice surplus after I moved my patrol away...

Edit: my first act as mayor? Build some wells.

Also increase the price at which the town bought wood and bricks - the literal thousands of each I needed to rebuild the city. This obviously had nothing to do with me being a major supplier of each, of course.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:14:43 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: December 19, 2015, 10:18:47 pm »

Won my first online match. Kicked their ass with my custom warrior.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: December 20, 2015, 10:10:54 am »

Completed the Nebraska mission with no deaths or even serious injuries.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: December 20, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »

Led by Augustus Caesar, the Roman Empire and its legions have dominated the world through the awesome, overwhelming might of their...culture?
Yep. Cultural victory as the Romans. I did a bit of conquering here and there (especially when Genghis Khan made himself a bit too much of a thorn in my side), but by the end of the game I had spread my religion to nearly every city, was allied with every city-state in the world, dominant over Ethiopia (who still tried to insult me periodically, despite being at a massive disadvantage in every category), allied with Korea, and working together with them to crush China. The cultural victory occurred just as I was bombarding Beijing :P

Civilization V: Brave New World
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: December 20, 2015, 06:44:42 pm »

Is this what karma feels like? See the image below (it's Hearthstone).

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: December 20, 2015, 08:56:20 pm »

Saw a whole bunch of bots doing that ridiculous slide move mere feet from the doorway I was standing in. None of them saw me. I tossed a grenade at them. I think I killed five in that blast. They never did find me even after that.

Took a Mosin/Nagant, a 7x scope, and some NVG. Camped the central street on the second floor of a building, right next to our weapons cache. One round I fired 29 shots, killed 17. All in the dark.

EDIT:
Spoiler: One RPG (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 06:14:39 am by Akura »
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 711