Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331425 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #525 on: June 26, 2012, 11:34:41 am »

Launching Heartless over 100ft with one blast always makes you feel like a badass.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, in The Sims 3, decided to see how profitable it was to garden by slave-driving a group of Sims, and when they die of starvation or something, import clones to replace them. Worked a little too well, as bringing in a copy of the slaves also added about §20k. And I haven't even planted anything yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 26, 2012, 11:54:54 am »

Rendering Vlad impotent with some fire quake spam.  Most anti-climatic final boss battle.

Magicka
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 26, 2012, 12:12:45 pm »

No, I think that credit belongs to average-player-vs Horrigan. Yes, I finally beat him... technically. In fact, I only got two shots on the guy, and only one did any damage. He got killed by turrets and Sgt. Granite's soldiers, and I got all the credit  ;D
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2012, 01:19:50 pm »

I've been playing this game for five years and I have finally, finally taken my first castle! Not only that, but I was attacked by three or four lords during the siege, and summarily crushed every single one of them. All in the name of Lethwin Far-Seeker, true King of Nords!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2012, 02:18:34 pm »

I was taking fire which disabled my tail rotor and forced me to make an emergency landing in enemy territory. I managed to put down next to a ridge so I got out and engaged the enemy from the ridge before making haste for the EXFIL zone set up by my rescue team.

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #530 on: June 26, 2012, 03:01:42 pm »

I kicked down a tree. Lit that on fire. Put a chunk of dead animal on it. And then ate it while holding a couple tents in place. During a tropical storm.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 26, 2012, 04:03:20 pm »

Wait... how did you set a tree on fire if you were holding tents? How did you do that while it was raining? Will you raise my firstborn child as your own? All of these questions and more.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #532 on: June 26, 2012, 04:21:45 pm »

Wait... how did you set a tree on fire if you were holding tents? How did you do that while it was raining? Will you raise my firstborn child as your own? All of these questions and more.

I set it on fire and did most of the cooking before the wind started blowing hard enough to start knocking tents over. The wind started before the rain got bad.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 26, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »

I kicked down a tree. Lit that on fire. Put a chunk of dead animal on it. And then ate it while holding a couple tents in place. During a tropical storm.

You're an actual, physical god of badassery. *bows down*
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 26, 2012, 10:56:21 pm »

HAX

That's all
Hello Hunam

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 26, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »

Last time I played, I was using a carbine and managed to snipe somebody across the map without a scope or the ability to look down the sights of the gun.

Another time, my friend and I were being assaulted by hordes of Russian soldiers armed with everything from Model 1887s, Five-Sevens and MP5s to Claymores, Juggernauts and C4-packed dogs. In the end, when we finally died, 305 Spetsnaz troops got their asses handed to them by two guys. It was Wave 24, IIRC.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 26, 2012, 11:17:29 pm »

Rained death from above on a long distance map. People have learnt to fear my arched shots.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 27, 2012, 05:52:25 am »

22 January, Skyranger has just returned from securing a landed large scout in which the team had proven unable to hit the broadside of a barn resulting in the expenditure of almost all ammo. Suddenly, base invasion and it is still three days until the deathtrap design of the initial base is corrected. Due to casualties and wounded in the previous two missions there are a grand total of twelve soldiers fit to fight, along with two rocket HWP's that had been delivered hours earlier. Unfortunately due to the ammo expenditure in the previous mission there were a grand total of three Auto Cannons and three small rockets for the single rocket launcher available to arm the troops. Oh and stunrods, lots of stunrods.

The squaddie with the rocket launcher was promptly mindcontroled and blew up himself, one of the AC carrying sargents and severely damaging one of the HWP's. A cyberdisk took out the other HWP and two troopers before going down. Several of the stunrod armed troops were gunned down by plasma fire from the sectoids. This left four panicking soldiers who had thrown down their weapons and a single squaddie with an AC and stunrod.

The last remaining trooper proceeded to gun down four sectiods before he clicked empty, while the damaged HWP scored a mutual kill on another sectoid. The trooper then ran across the last hangar under fire and stunroded the last two sectoids saving the base. It turned out that one of those two who were stunned was a leader, his capture a fair trade for almost the entire operational troops of xcom.

In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 27, 2012, 06:04:22 am »

Swinging from heli to heli when my previous heli was destroyed is so awesome, and it easily takes out strike-teams.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 27, 2012, 07:10:57 pm »

Two game days in, I've set up a beginner home, and I'm down to a few bucks. I've gotten a job as a two-bit detective, but it's a long climb up the ladder. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money to buy food, and I won't be getting paid for the next couple of days. So, I make the only logical choice: I head to the mausoleum and go spelunking in the caves underneath them for treasure. Normally, I'd come out with a rare seed, bug, or sometimes even a book. That'd be plenty enough to get me by.

This time, I found:

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 711