Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329201 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4890 on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:34 am »

The People of Novgorod decided to surprise-attack me, laying siege to Livony. Turns out Boyars tend to hurt when you try to fight them, even if I outnumber them nearly 3:2 with Vikings. (Two and two each, Boyars have 80 per unit, Vikings have 120)

I brought one of my heirs(who has 6-7 points of Dread, plus Command and Acumen), along with nearly a thousand mercenaries(damn, forgot about these guys for most of the game), most of them Italian Infantry and Armored Spearmen, and nearly the same number of Vikings(about 1:1:1 ratio of normal, Landsmen, and Huscarles).

Livony was relieved with minimal losses, Finland was taken without a fight, then Novgorod itself was attacked. They had HUNDREDS if Boyars in a line. I sent my merc infantry to punch right up the middle with the Vikings on their flank. For some reason, they practically gave me a clear shot at their ruler's unit. Their king(actually, Prince Yaroslav) soon turned tail, but was captured. The rest of their army fell apart soon after.

Total casualties: Them - ~720 / Us - ~250-300. Their ruler was executed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: September 21, 2015, 06:41:23 pm »

I made a ship in From the Depths that both has a function and doesn't capsize when you look at it funny. I am a GOD.
In very immediate hindsight this totally belongs here.
It turns out the advice of "make it look like a real boat" is pretty good, but it wasn't until now that I actually looked at why my previous designs weren't like boats. Turns out I'd been making the hulls either linear or concave instead of convex. Apparently that made sense to me whenever I was doing that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: September 21, 2015, 06:43:43 pm »

Game?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: September 21, 2015, 06:45:53 pm »

Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:14 pm »

...My brain farted. I was thinking KSP, because it seems to be somewhat realistic, and thought that they'd made a ship from some piece of fiction in it.

What is From The Depths, anyway?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: September 21, 2015, 06:49:26 pm »

You make vehicles. They usually fall apart.
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: September 21, 2015, 06:51:50 pm »

So KSP but for not-space vehicles?
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: September 21, 2015, 07:10:36 pm »

i guess
Black lives matter.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: September 21, 2015, 07:18:44 pm »

From the Depths. It was in the post but I could see how you'd miss it.

Yeah it's a pretty great game, would recommend to anyone who likes engineering solutions to gun-related problems. Though this ship actually had missiles mounted on it, and also is literally incapable of hitting anything anything closer than 400m, or that is at all fast.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: September 22, 2015, 09:39:54 am »

Got 11 streaks at the game, with mostly modified noob rush moves and bait attacks (that includes kicks that won't connect, but if cut will cause the foot to hit the target). Defeated by Santalos, but i don't care because he's great.

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: September 22, 2015, 06:59:14 pm »

I spent almost 100000 kerbucks sending a single refuelling pod to my space station, then I decided I'd look into easier and cheaper ways to refuel stuff. I remembered that mining and the ISRU Converter had been added to the game a while back. I decided it was time to set up my first base, and I placed it on the Mun to suck up ore from beneath the surface on the spot. I then sent an unmanned pod to the base, designed to carry fuel to the space station with the help of two orbital fuel silos. Since the tanker can't transfer barely any fuel to the station and still make it back to the munbase, I used the silos as a sort of relay. When the tanker takes off from the Mun it begins with full fuel, and then refuels at Silo A, which is in orbit around the mun. It then transfers to high orbit around Kerbin (at around 3600 Km) and refuels at silo B. It then does a rendezvous with the station at 20 Km and transfers most of its fuel to the station. It then transfers back to the Mun, refuels at Silo A again for landing, and then lands next to the munbase to be restocked and get ready for the next trip, whenever that is.

When the silos / relays need refuelling, (probably after a few trips to the station) the tanker can do Silo A unassisted due to the fact that it is in orbit around the mun, and can do B with the help of A. It's a convoluted system, but I'm very proud of it. I can refuel my space station basically for free. Also, I can use the silos as refuelling points for my SSTOs, which means I can use one to land on the mun while barely spending any money at all.

For the first big project I've done in KSP, I'm extremely proud of it. I'll post pictures of it some other time.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: September 22, 2015, 08:33:11 pm »

My castle where I produced most of my English longbowmen was put under sudden siege by the French. It contained two units of melee troops, and about 12 of the best longbowmen in the game. The French brought trebuchets, rams, heavy infantry, heavy cavalry, and their horrid little King, Louis the somethingith.

I parked as many longbowmen on top of my walls as possible, and put the rest down below pointing right at the gate from the inside. The French inevitably broke the gate, and King Louis the ith was first through the arch, ready to run down my crowds of unarmored archers in the streets. He was instantly pin-cushioned by an inordinate number of arrows and died in the first volley. The entire French army turned tail and ran.

In response, I executed as much of the populace of Paris as possible, sold everything in the city, and built more longbowmen.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: September 23, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

Joined a lobby engineer slot on an obviously bad team, expecting a roll.
We got rolled up until last, where I managed to hold for a surprisingly long time to set the timer to 14 minutes.
We won the next round, I dominated four opponents, topscored and had the highest KD ratio 8)

(i think some people on our team got repped tho)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: September 23, 2015, 10:55:47 pm »

tl;dr:

How did you get the earth map?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: September 23, 2015, 11:10:38 pm »

It's quite satisfying to play Starcraft 2 and see clear evidence of your skills improving. Like, my average unspent resources is decreasing meaning I'm making more units out of resources, my average actions per minute is increasing, I'm developing faster control and developing a hotkey system, devising build orders and learning when to spot times for attack, I'm regularly building units or buildings or upgrades and have less downtime on production, I'm remembering to make supply and not get supply capped, spreading creep more, keeping larva in supply, I'm continually producing workers to keep income up, I'm learning what units are good against what units n what other races, etc etc.

tl;dr: I'm getting better and better against multiplayer AI in Starcraft 2 and developing the basic skills to competently play multiplayer at a not-shitty-bronze-scrub level. Soon I will feel confident enough to play ranked matches against real people. Maybe. eventually.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 711