Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333271 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4725 on: August 01, 2015, 12:25:13 pm »

I'm not proud of how long it took me to do*, but I did a Ghost run once.
Also sorry to, you know, one-up you like that.

*I had to restart an entire mission once because I killed someone.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I went for ghost/clean hands + mostly flesh and blood steel in the same run and I did it too, but it didn't count because

Made me rage so hard that despite the fact I liked the game I never bothered to play the DLC.
Yeah, I had a similar problem with the flooded district level. I think the only way to get non-lethal is to dart/choke Slackjaw instead of Granny.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: August 01, 2015, 12:35:22 pm »

I darted Granny and I still got Clean Hands. Might be a glitch, or maybe her rats went a little angry and ate her afterwrads?
Black lives matter.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #4727 on: August 01, 2015, 01:26:28 pm »

Hehehe... Planetside 2.

So, they recently added a new pistol into the game with a 4x optic. I had just got an Auraxium medal on my chaingun, bringing me up to 1000 certs, and was wondering what to acquire next, so I bought that.

Hmm... this gun is perfect for an infiltrator with stalker cloaking.

I have spent the last three days being an annoying git. There is nothing quite like dropping claymores at the top of gravity pads. There is nothing quite like seeing a large portion of the enemy team running to the capture point wondering where the hell you are. There is nothing quite like uncloaking for just long enough to lob a grenade at them. There is no satisfaction like seeing everyone but the MAX die.

It is glorious.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: August 02, 2015, 02:06:06 pm »

Oh my god this game is awesome, even the demo is made of win.

Grabbed a gun off the table, then proceeded to shoot the guy in front of me, then the one behind me, and the 4 guys coming in from the 2 entrances without anyone getting a shot off.

There was a gun at the end of a hallway. 3 feet behind that gun were 3 guys with guns of their own. I was at the start of the hallway. Ran through the hallway and dodged bullets like it was the matrix until picking up the gun and killing all 3 guys.

Walked into a room, killed a guy and took his gun, then killed the remaining 10 enemies as they stepped into the room.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4729 on: August 04, 2015, 12:21:54 am »

Only died once my entire playthrough, and that was against the final boss. 2nd attempt against them, and I defeated them by a small margin (about <6 bars of health left). Final score was above 200000, and most of the waves (at least 90 of them) were just mowed down with normal gunfire, until the second half of the game, had to drop off a wave-clearing bomb a few times to keep alive. Missiles were mostly stockpiled for taking out the halfway and final bosses, plus numerous (also stockpiled) bombs. Nice to know my bullet-dodging skills helped.

While at it, it's a personal own for best time playing through the game as well.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 01:08:53 am by Itnetlolor »

Noel.se

• Bay Watcher
  • Always lurking. Always watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:24 pm »

Just finished Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Damn, this was a fun game, probably my favourite one in this series so far.

MVPs, from 5th to first: Nephenee, Jill, Ilyana, Ike, Soren (almost had 100 kills).

Well, I'm off to play the sequel.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: August 05, 2015, 02:27:17 pm »

Lucky. I've never managed to find a non-ludicrously-overpriced copy of Radiant Dawn.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: August 05, 2015, 06:40:43 pm »

Although the Tower of Joy (my attempt at a vertically-arranged hovercraft robot) didn't work out, an inline hoverblade design is actually extremely durable when done well. It's extremely difficult to unbalance a craft has its hoverblades in the front and back rather than left and right, even when there's thrusters involved. The downside, as with all hover vehicles, is that it's difficult to place guns in an optimal way. However, my latest hovercraft is able to routinely survive two or three engagements with much tougher robots before biting it.

Robocraft.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: August 06, 2015, 02:01:48 am »

Beat the game at Hell difficulty. First time. Cheers.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: August 07, 2015, 07:24:55 pm »

Extracted every single soldier in the main mission by taking them to the helicopter and putting them in, after knocking them out of course. All 54 of them, including those who leave the base if you let them and those who spawn after you complete objectives.

It may be a stupid self-imposed challenge, but I still am proud to have pulled it off, even if it took me about two and a half hours.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: August 07, 2015, 07:33:26 pm »

Extracted every single soldier in the main mission by taking them to the helicopter and putting them in, after knocking them out of course. All 54 of them, including those who leave the base if you let them and those who spawn after you complete objectives.

It may be a stupid self-imposed challenge, but I still am proud to have pulled it off, even if it took me about two and a half hours.

Hey, it makes sense, beat the big bad via attrition.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: August 07, 2015, 10:48:32 pm »

...uh
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: August 07, 2015, 10:53:39 pm »

Defeated Fyrus in about five minutes. It would have been less, but I messed up one time after shooting his forehead gem and I had to try again.
Yes I know LoZ bosses aren't too hard but I wanted to share anyway.

LoZ: Twilight Princess.
On an unrelated note, I absolutely live for the little sword twirl Link does after a boss/after defeating a couple enemies. It's so awesome and flashy and unnecessary but I love it anyway.
Black lives matter.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: August 07, 2015, 10:58:44 pm »

Killed Duriel without dying! Always a good achievement on hardcore. Even better achievement considering the Hell Unleashed mod adds a bunch of new abilities to Duriel which I was encountering for the first time and there was a miniboss I had to fight right before him. It was an intense fight.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: August 07, 2015, 11:53:30 pm »

On an unrelated note, I absolutely live for the little sword twirl Link does after a boss/after defeating a couple enemies. It's so awesome and flashy and unnecessary but I love it anyway.
Fun fact: if you sheath your sword as the right kind of enemy dies (which is most of them) then Link will twirl his sword as he does so. Works really well with mortal draw.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 711