Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333257 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #4695 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:13 pm »

...As a citizen of the US, I should be offended, but I'm too busy laughing my ass off.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 03:38:33 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 19, 2015, 03:36:26 pm »

TR4Life, you rebel scum.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #4697 on: July 19, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »

TR4Life, you rebel scum.

Awesome, a fellow TR player.

Loyalty until Death!
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 20, 2015, 01:02:39 am »

0u0

Galaxy-Dropped straight into an enemy crowd moving to a base. Took 'em down before they could even get there.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 20, 2015, 03:40:06 am »

League of Legends and Lee Sin. When everything goes right with the Q, the dives, the ward placement behing enemy and kick-backs. Made an awesome U-turn mid Q flight as the targeted enemy was drawn back by Thresh. 

Lee Sin has been one of the most entertaining champions to play!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 21, 2015, 09:35:15 am »

Playing skyrim, with frostfall.  In the frozen norths, accidently fall into the water.  Shit.

Manage to get a fire going after scavaging for wood, and with a useful "Spawn Camp" scroll thingy.  Dry off, set out again, but it's still to far to make it, and I can't risk stopping to scavange for wood again.  Everything goes a little blurry, and I realize how fucked I am.  Suddenly, I find a cave.  Well, more like a hole in the ground, but I'll take it.  I jump in, manage to find an old bandit camp with a fire going.  Safe!

Of course I can't go back the way I got in, but at least I am out of the blizzard. 

I almost regret playing as a nord since I get free frost resistance and it makes it much easier.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 22, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »

Not in a game, but in game programming: I finally figured out serialization in Unity. The documentation wasn't any help, Googling was only a little bit of help, so I just had to dig in and screw around with things until it worked. Makes me nostalgic for the (extremely frustrating) days of beginning to learn programming with Game Maker.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 23, 2015, 10:54:54 am »

100% completion. And it "only" took me 37 hours.

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 26, 2015, 06:08:06 pm »

A Craver fleet of 7 cruisers descended on one of my systems. I had three cruisers, and their combined firepower was less than half that of the Cravers.

What did I have in my favor? Actual defenses on my ships, bombers, and tactics.

The Craver fleet was wiped out. I didn't lose a single ship, though they were all badly damaged.

Endless Space
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 26, 2015, 09:12:32 pm »

It was a fight to the death.... the Guild had found my hide-out and I had to win.  Checking my available forces I find my best four Gals are in the infirmary, leaving me 14 to fight a base defence, I also had a reprogrammed cyber-disk, but we won't talk about that rust-bucket.  The Guild brought their shiniest plasma weapons and a blasta launcher, but when they open the doors to the lift, my team manage to pump enough lead and energy into them to take out the first wave.
    20 turns later, every member of my team is under 50% hit points, only the enemy commander and two panicking soldiers remain, but with my low tech weapons, killing the commander took four more turns.  The two soldier succumbed easily.
    What was the own?  Not the successful base defence, but a day later, a large ship landed near my hideout - I had to send out my only walking crew, (the ten new Gals I hired had not yet arrived), so I sent five Gals to capture a Large Supply ship full of Soylent.  It was a slow, hard, slog, every shot fired at my Gals was heart stopping, I couldn't afford to lose any of them.  In the end, only one was injured - friendly fire.

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: July 26, 2015, 09:17:32 pm »

I committed an act so heinous that the gods themselves pushed up armageddon and are restarting the world.

Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 26, 2015, 10:39:58 pm »

I made it through a good part of a mission with only nonlethal attacks and a lot of patience waiting for guards to get into place. There's something very satisfying about zooming up behind guards and choking them for a couple seconds, and feeling like a lucky bastard when their buddies don't see you in that time.

I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 27, 2015, 12:56:42 am »

Oh look! A bank! I bet if I built a car with a pointy front, I could break in without breaking my bones! All I need is a powered welder, quite a few batteries, a few days worth of food, a hacksaw, a wrench, some piece and quiet, and some welding goggles!
Oh look! A steamroller!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4708 on: July 27, 2015, 12:59:20 am »

Apparently I can easily take out a swarm of helicopters, and the attack helicopter especially. Took a good shot into the pilot's seat, and the ship barely had a chance to fire anything at us.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 27, 2015, 03:24:24 am »

Auuuggghhhh. PTW
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't