Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 712

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333837 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #420 on: April 07, 2012, 12:46:57 pm »

Shot some lightning at some Hutt mercenaries, all armed with repeaters. Missed one, but one of the guys who got fried flew into him, knocking him over, and letting walk up to and dispose of him how I pleased.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In another game, I managed to convince a young couple that were in love with each other but didn't realize their mutual attraction that the other was going to kill them. The girl summoned an axe and conked the poor(he was excessively rich) guy over the head. As the poor(she wasn't excessively rich) girl began to celebrate he perceived safety over her former crush's crushed skull, I slit her throat with my knife. She fell right by him, a scene that would have brought a tear to my eye if I hadn't been crying from laughing so hard.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 07, 2012, 01:48:11 pm »

Was in a transport chopper with my buddies, doing a bit of strafing, enemy jet turns up and starts to hammer us with heat seeking missiles, we manage to get counter measures out and our chopper pilot goes high to try and evade, the jet comes back and starts hitting us with cannon fire, I bail out and deploy my chute, then whip out my RPG and nail the sucker with a clutch shot as he passes. I land and the chopper lands next to me, I whip out my blowtorch and repair it and off we go again.  Jet pilot calls hacks. 

Any time the other team calls hacks, you have probably owned.

Battlefield 3.

Also 35 assists, 7 kills and 1 death over 2 map sections as kritz med in tf2
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 07, 2012, 02:10:25 pm »

I got a 937m headshot using a suppressed MK11 MOD 0.

Battlefield 3.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 07, 2012, 05:16:07 pm »

Denfending A went a heli came in close and was trying to kill everyone, it tryed to land on ground so i went to get it, ws able to get it in time so i just rpg it in the face, didnt last a sec.

Battlefield 3

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 07, 2012, 08:10:29 pm »

Another R:TW one. I was playing as the greeks and had my small wounded army (8 armoured phalanx and about 3 peltasts) surrounded by three full stacks of Romans, mainly hestati and velites, but with a few legionary cohorts mixed in (it was just after reforms). I prepared to lose them all, my fault for walking into an obvious ambush.

I was in the middle on a tiny hill. Just enough for the peltasts to throw over the troops defending them, so I arranged my guys in a crapply designed circle. Que them falling on my spears for the next hour or so. Not even horses could break the line enough to get in, nor did the AI concentrating missile fire on a single unit. Hell, I think the missiles only killed a few of my guys. I ended up killing almost all of theirs.

Armoured Phalanx are absolutely insane.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 08, 2012, 08:16:13 am »

So I didn't exactly "own", although it was a moment of awesomeness, and while I started it, it was really everyone else that actually made it so, but here goes:

So we're doing badly. A griefer on our team was knocking down all our defences and by the time everyone voted to have him kicked the damage had already been done and we were down to a courtyard, if you could call it that. Our reinforcement count had been absolutely decimated as a result, and many people were rage-quitting. It was not a fun game, even some of the enemies on the Blue team agreeing so. There's me, spawned as a knight with hordes of Blue battering away at fortifications on the edge of my screen, fellow Reds hanging around the flag, a few sallying forth to try slow the Blues down. Knowing that our loss was imminent, and with the alternative being to join in raging, I hit caps lock and bellowed:

"HERE WE MAKE OUR LAST STAND! LET US MAKE OUR DARKEST HOUR OUR MOST GLORIOUS! SURRENDER NO INCH! GIVE THEM NO MERCY AND PAINT OUR WALLS RED WITH THEIR BLOOD! FOR THE GLORY OF THE KINGDOM OF RED!"

Silly, over-the-top hamminess that would make Shatner proud. Some people laughed. Some people ignored it.

Then a teammate responded, crying out with his own silly speech. And then a few more. And then a few more. Then some of the Blue team started responding, and soon we were all making speeches, shouting to charge and hurling insults in hammy glee. Of the forty players, easily over half were joining in this spontaneous role-play.

And we started to push back. I like to think that all of us, combined, now having a laugh instead of complaining about griefing and losing, was a massive morale boost to everyone, and we just started sallying forth en mass, crashing over the Blues like waves.

For the last fifteen minutes or so of that game, we didn't care who would win or lose. We were characters, stars in an unfolding story. We weren't griefed: the treacherous Blue Republic had planted a saboteur within our ranks. The ragequitters were instead shellshocked, hiding inside our castle for fear of dying. We struck back, marching in the name of King Redginald (that pun was my doing, I'm afraid) for the glory of the Red Alliance. Pirates, Vikings, Knights and Geordie Brickies fighting side by side in a battle of hammy speeches as they traded blows.

We grabbed victory by the skin of our teeth, seizing their flag in a daring raid carried out by the SCAS (Special Catapulted Air Service). There were heroic after-speeches, cries of victory and congratulations from many of the defeated Blues. It wasn't the victory that was important, not for that round.

Then the next round started and it was business as usual, our glorious 15-20 minutes just that, a random moment borne from a silly speech I made that quickly snowballed into a server-spanning joking game.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 04:25:36 pm by LuckyNinja »
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 08, 2012, 02:26:12 pm »

playing Civ IV: BTS.

Using the custom continents map, I gave each team 1 continent each. all of the goody huts give me wither settlers or a free tech. as a result, my empire got off to a great start. by turn 50 I had 5 cities.

I won by space race.
England: Hey, France, have you heard about that civilization who has these fancy "muskets" and 5 cities?

France: Yeah, I don't exactly know what these muskitts are, but those newfangled muskitts probably aren't anything compared to the new "swords".
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 08, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »

Shot down a(nother) terror ship without losing any interceptors, and managed to clear the thing without a single casualty. At night. It probably helped that I had three guys doing nothing but spraying I-AC and I-HC all over the place; half of the kills were probably aliums being burned alive rather than shot.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 08, 2012, 02:28:25 pm »

*massive snip*
Wow.
That is the sort of awesome I love the internets for. Um. Was this King Arthur's Gold?
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

LuckyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Mr. Squiffy || AKA LuminiferousPen
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 08, 2012, 04:28:31 pm »

*massive snip*
Wow.
That is the sort of awesome I love the internets for. Um. Was this King Arthur's Gold?

Yes, it was. Updated my original post, forgot to add it. It's just one of those random things that you never expect to happen and make you proud to be a gamer.

Also would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have posted in this thread and the "how did you last die" thread. For making all your triumphs and deaths awesome and hilarious, you've introduced me to so many wonderful games that I'd have never heard of otherwise.
Steam page!

Also know as 'Mr. Squiffy'
On Reddit as LuminiferousPen!

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 08, 2012, 09:21:37 pm »

In BF3 I spent an entire 1 hour 45 minute match base raping the russian team with a single support guy as back up. I destroyed every jeep, tank, and lav coming along the path. after the first 15 minutes I started receiving death threats, and a good portion of their team was trying to kill me. The support shot them off the ladder as they tried to climb up, and when a sniper picked one of us off we just spawned on the other.

22 kills - 3 deaths
12 antivehicle ribbons
17 disable vehicle ribbons
5 twelve year olds crying on their controllers while they wrote me messages
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: April 08, 2012, 09:36:24 pm »

@Kilroy:

US Secret Service: Operation Make 12 Year Old Soldiers Cry is complete.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 08, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

The only thing I have left to unlock on BF3 is their butthurt. And they have a lot of butthurt to unlock.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 08, 2012, 09:43:51 pm »

That happened on KAG the other day... I was playing against the THAI clan and a bunch of random noobs, and i was fighting alongside the Arthur's Original Elites clan. Got four kills in the space of a second. (Three arrows fired upwards, lucky hits on people not shielding, and a noob builder who thought it a good idea to come in range of my arrow.)

OMG LORDREUDH IS HACKING KICK HIM PLEASE

OMG OMG HE KILLED FOUR PEOPLE WITH ONE ARROW I SAW HIM

I SWEAR HE USED A SWORD STRIKE AS AN ARCHER

Etc.

That was the best part of the match. I'm quite proficient now in leaping from tree to tree and showering hapless knights who can't figure out where i am with arrows.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 10, 2012, 10:21:43 am »

Rome: Total War. Seleucids. Four units of militia hoplites plus a general, attacked out of the blue by the previously-neutral Greek Cities faction, with an army that outnumbered me with its militia hoplites alone, let alone its peltasts and ordinary (i.e. higher quality than mine) hoplites.

Anyway, I lost fewer than half of my men and wiped them out completely.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 712