Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 712

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333833 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #405 on: March 01, 2012, 11:28:10 am »

I was in my T2 light tank, driving around at high speed, flying over hills, racing down narrow streets, committing drive by after drive by. Taking advantage of my awesome braking ability to suddenly park behind someone and unload a burst of auto cannon fire right into their weak spots, either killing them outright or taking >75% of their health before their turret gets a chance to swing around.

I got top gun and confederate in the same game. World of Tanks
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 01, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »

I built a huge bunker that encompassed four stories and had a very wide field of view, but was very easy to avoid enemy fire. The centre was down a block, to move up to shoot one had to climb a block which would give one access to the windows- without moving up to the block one was entirely immune to enemy fire provided no blocks were destroyed.

Our entire team ended up using it and gaining the win while I snuck around in a two man team and repeatedly captured the other team's intel.

Ace of Spades, on the ENCLAVE N7 server.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 03, 2012, 07:33:32 am »

Playing my Blue/Black deck focusing on unblockable stuff with traces of snow cards thrown in there. My opponent is playing a Black/Red deck full of vampires that get stronger as they deal damage to me. Have had a bit of a rough game as he's put down two Cursed of Stalked Prey on me, and have managed to get in a couple of early hits with it, leaving him with two semi-buffed Child of Nights, a Markov Blademaster that's going to screw me over if I let it through, and a Stromkirk Captain that's just making everything worse. I only just managed to get any sort of respectable defense out, with a 4/4 Drift of the Dead and Guard Gomazoa, as well as a Rimebound Dead. Even with that up, I can't hold out forever due to me being outnumbered, him getting metric fucktons of life through me having to block his Childs of Night, and me knowing he's going to get one of his destruction cards soon.

But hold! Luck smiles upon me, as my turn arrives and I draw Ashling the Extinguisher. Combined with the Infiltrator's Magemark that's sitting on my hand, the battle begins to turn into my favor, as I play Ashling out for all my mana. My opponent knows he's going to get screwed by Ashling next round, so he decides to go for an all out assault. This proves to be a bad idea, as many of his vampires die with only getting a single one through, the only casualty on my side being the aforementioned Rimebound Dead that can't regenerate due to me having spent all my mana. With only two creatures remaining on his side as my turn arrives, I slap down the magemark on Ashling and hit him for five damage, causing him to sacrifice his stupidly large Child of Night in the process. Later I manage to draw a Cephalid Constable and a Rime Transfusion, and he decides to concede just as I manage to use the two to return all the lands he controls to his hand, leaving me victorious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2012, 03:56:54 pm »

20 backstabs in tf2 in one life  8)
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2012, 04:42:42 am »

Rome total war, Julii faction, normal campaign and battle difficulty.  My faction heir's mission is to subdue all of Gaul, by himself, with an army of rather equal amounts of hastati and barbarian mercenaries.  I've got half a stack ( +1 unit ) of hastati and mercenaries, just took a city.  My guy had done a number of battles, did reasonably well, but I usually had the number advantage, so I hardly counted them as victories. 

Anyway, I take the city, repair stuff, I just want to add more Hastati to my army ( and disband some mercenaries ) and then get back into the field.  Unfortunately, practically a full stack of Gallic warbands and skirmishers siege me.  I think, "Oh cruddy cruddy crud".  I'm outnumbered quite possibly two to one, worst odds I've been in. 

I play the battle, I do the usual "trap the enemy at the gates thing" causes quite a mass rout...but that was only about half their army.  The rest of them break a hole on the wall, and I pour my troops into a small corridor, between the stockade wall and a row of buildings.  By focusing my troop power on one enemy unit at a time, I got them to systematically rout.  Force concentration for the win! 

So I chase them out, unfortunately, a few of the enemies' morale returned, so I massed together my men into a blocky blob, and charge them, one by one, they all rout.  While this was happening, about two or three units of battered and almost depleted horsemen sneak into the settlement, and reach the circle.  The timer starts ticking, I make all my men ( except my faction heir, whose bodyguard is almost depleted ) charge.  About 40 seconds left, my men haven't even engaged, when the troop of horsemen holding the square routs.  He was so scared he ran without fighting. 

Heroic victory ( for me ) indeed. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 07, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »

20 backstabs in tf2 in one life  8)
So you're THAT GUY. . .

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 17, 2012, 01:22:26 pm »

Laughter is good for stress. And nothing is worth a laugh like casting Cloudkill into a crowded tavern!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 30, 2012, 08:48:22 pm »

Became the Elite World Champion on a song. No, the song was not some indie title that no one has ever heard of, but a rock classic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 31, 2012, 02:48:36 am »

An indie rock classic? What song?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 31, 2012, 02:50:39 am »

No, not an indie anything. Riding the Storm Out, by REO Speedwagon.

...you're gonna go beat my score, ain't ya? :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 31, 2012, 02:54:17 am »

I can hardly even figure out the sodding game. I suppose I'll go try to get 5th place on some microphone static I recorded.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 31, 2012, 09:49:18 am »

Gah, I love it when you're traveling around mount and blade and random bandits decide to attack you, only to have their entire party slaughtered and then their hideout raided.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 01, 2012, 10:56:29 am »

Last night I beat Fallout 3's main quest. I managed to completely destroy the Enclave base, Get a companion Super Mutant that does NOT want to murder me, and I never got bad karma in the game.  8)

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 01, 2012, 09:46:23 pm »

Was me as tryndamere with ashe bot lane versus mundo and gangplank. Ashe got herself killed after a volley and a few auto attacks, I just went berserk with rage and ran in and basically got 6 crits in a row and killed both of them.

League of Legends.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #419 on: April 02, 2012, 10:13:45 am »

Tapped the remaining knowledge and intelligence of preserved brains to help research some eldritch knowledge in the Quaesitum and learned how to build Void chests which can link to other chests via a voidrune network. Opened an ancient obelisk using Goggles of Revealing to read the runes and slot the correct crystals inside. Hunted down several wisps using a sword which lets me fly and calls down lightning. Fought an epic battle against 6 zombies, several exploding snakes and a pair of teleporting void creatures. Set up a retractable drawbridge which drops enemies into a lava bath.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 712