Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328979 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3945 on: February 09, 2015, 08:59:38 am »

I figured I was ready for the Twins. I had enough buffs that the liner of icons stretched across half the screen. I had a Mystic Golden Shower and Unreal MegaShark(+~750 HV Bullets). I started taking out Spasmatism, using Gravitation to stay airborne. Killed that one, started on Retinazer. Turns out killing Spas first was a good idea, since Ret gets nasty towards the end. My Gravitation and most of my other buffs ran out, and at the end me and Retinazer were blasting so much shit at one another it'd make the Orks jealous. As luck would have it, Retinazer turned away and flew off-screen. I lead his flight path and let about a hundred more high velocity rounds finish the job.

"The Twins has been defeated."

Only what happened shortly afterward could top that. Having just beaten a pirate invasion and scored some gold furniture, I set about building myself a throne room to feed my hungry ego. In the process of scrambling stuff together to make a throne, I see a message. "Skeletron Prime has awoken!" There was no preceeding warning. Before I could react, Skeletron Prime was in my base, trying to kill my doods. Intending to at least save the NPCs, I fled. I figured I may as well try it, maybe figure out his attack patterns. The only buff I had available was a hastily eaten pumpkin pie.

As it turned out, flying around and blasting him with ichor and bullets was a very good strategy. I started with 800 or so HV bullets, finished with about 50. I beat Skeletron Prime when he ambushed my  in my own castle.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

revo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: February 09, 2015, 12:56:15 pm »

just destroyed my first medium length veteran mission grave robber -vestal-BH- leper does work. i have single target dps, i have aoe, i have heals, i have dodge. i just walk into places and shit dies at my feet. I left the dungeon with less stress than I entered. Now I think its time to take on the necromancer.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3947 on: February 10, 2015, 01:55:50 am »

Managed to find a unique spot in the battlefield and tricked the AI into killing itself without firing a single shot from my end. Well, not as much trick it, but figure out the nuances of my spot in relation to the AI, and more like pilot the AI to kill itself. More awesomely, when it was about to leave, I managed to "pilot it back" to where it could regularly kill itself again. Happened a few times. Taming AIs is difficult, but awesome.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention why I did this. I thought I had no weapons, and had to last a few minutes against the computer. Turned out I DID have weapons on me (bombs only; seldom-used variety), and there was no real time limit. So basically, I MacGuyvered a way to make the AI kill itself without having weapons (according to my initial awareness) on me.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:28:48 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: February 11, 2015, 08:51:53 am »

Ajhira asked me to go looking for flowers, and said the best place to look was on the north shore of some lake near Suran. I follow the path she told me about, somehow end up in a volcanic wasteland. Instead of flowers, there's giant spikey roots, random lava pits, and cliff racers. God, so many cliff racers. I pick my way to Bal Ur, one map tile north of Suran. As I do, along with fighting off an Alit pack, a blight storm rolls in. Wonderful. Then two daedra worshippers attack. I get to Suran, buy what I need, spend some time in the House of Earthly Delights, then take a silt strider home.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: February 11, 2015, 07:18:22 pm »

My partner died in the city so I was steadfastly defending his gear and shit from a group of radscorpians. Ghouls spawned in soon after and he arrived just as I defeated the first wave. Together we fought off about six waves of ghouls all while expending nearly six hundred round in ammunition. By the time the attack had ended, I had exactly five rounds left in my ak. Of course at that point, another player walks onto the map and pulls his gun out. There is sort of a weary, Mexican stand off feeling before he left.

Thank god for that to, we were literally out of ammunition entirely. Fucker could of killed us easily.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: February 12, 2015, 02:30:25 am »

3 Grave Robbers, 1 Jester.

Lunge Lunge Lunge Whatever Lunge Lunge Lunge

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: February 12, 2015, 02:09:37 pm »

I just won the first stage of thundermountain with a team consisting of only snipers.
I... I don't know.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: February 12, 2015, 02:21:49 pm »

I just won the first stage of thundermountain with a team consisting of only snipers.
I... I don't know.
Noice. How many huntsmen were on the team, how many arrows did it take to blot out the sun, and how many of those arrows hit their intended target?  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: February 12, 2015, 02:28:04 pm »

I really don't know. But it was hilarious and i topscored :P (without the huntsman)

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: February 12, 2015, 11:16:34 pm »

It wasn't me, but he's unlikely to post about it. I was watching my brother play Watch_Dogs...

He gets invaded by an enemy fixer, who's apparently at the top of a hill. He makes it to the top of the hill, and the guy hasn't started his hack yet, but my brother pulls out his grenade launcher and first sends the guy flying into the air with an indirect shot, like literally flying it sent him out of the hack-zone, and then he uses a second grenade and snipes the dude out of the sky with it, killing the guy and ending the invasion/hack.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: February 12, 2015, 11:25:18 pm »

I nicknamed the grenade launcher the "Problem Solver" in that game. It solved all of my problems, and no one in Chicago seemed to give a shit that I was essentially a large scale domestic terrorist. Note to Ubisoft: Chicago is not Detroit. People will give a shit if you use a grenade launcher within the city limits.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: February 13, 2015, 12:51:59 am »

My semi-auto shotgun (Or was it full-auto? Probably not.) Was my best goddamn friend in that game.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: February 13, 2015, 08:38:13 am »

I was struggling against the giant insectile beast. I'd brought a greatsword when I should've brought some sort of ranged weapon. It's heavily armour horn and pincers were deflecting all my blows as I rained them upon it. I'd done enough damage to cause it to flee, but I had ran out of all healing items and it was down to the line whether or not it or I would win.

When it fled, I gave chase. It ran into a zone and flew to the bottom of a cliff. As it flew back up towards me to attack me with it's huge horn, I jumped off, seeking to strike it with a jump attack.

I hit it and then FOUND MYSELF MOUNTED UPON IT'S BACK. It tumbled to the ground below and me and insect-monster struggled for supremacy as I smashed away at its horn with my fists. The horn crumpled, cracking, and it rolled onto its back in pain.

With a final swing of my greatsword, I slew the beast, finishing the mission I set about on.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: February 13, 2015, 10:59:21 am »

Went on a raid. Drove the vehicle I used to get there straight through the building in question and then ran around throwing bombs.
it was over before it properly started :V

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: February 13, 2015, 11:22:41 am »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 711