Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329606 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3525 on: November 22, 2014, 11:51:51 am »

I've never had a pokemon with pokerus :c
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: November 22, 2014, 12:09:55 pm »

I've only ever seen it come up twice in my Omicron run.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: November 22, 2014, 01:50:09 pm »

So some spies were wrecking havoc on my team on a round of pl_goldrush so I decided to switch to pyro for the next round and went on a particularly potent pyro rampage, especially on the enemy spies. One of the spies (who relied on the spycicle/deadringer) became very upset and switched to my team to try to get me kicked as a hacker. I thanked him for the compliment (he rage quit after that, ha!). Team Fortress 2 of course.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: November 22, 2014, 02:34:24 pm »

Jumped straight over Diamond and got the Angelic Lightfoot badge (well, I got the Diamond one at the same time, obviously)!

Which entailed running through all of Phobos, Deimos, and Hell itself with just two inventory slots and being prevented from killing anything in melee. On Nightmare!

Managed to get my Gunrunner trait shortly after entering Hell, which was piles of fun on a build focused on speed. Running around a room in a mad circle as you spray buckshot at everything you see with an elephant gun never gets old.
Noice.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:29 pm »

Jumped straight over Diamond and got the Angelic Lightfoot badge (well, I got the Diamond one at the same time, obviously)!

Which entailed running through all of Phobos, Deimos, and Hell itself with just two inventory slots and being prevented from killing anything in melee. On Nightmare!

Managed to get my Gunrunner trait shortly after entering Hell, which was piles of fun on a build focused on speed. Running around a room in a mad circle as you spray buckshot at everything you see with an elephant gun never gets old.
Covenant confirmed for scout.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: November 22, 2014, 10:45:58 pm »

After knowing each other for less than 48 real-life hours, my look-alike and his sweetheart got married! Take that, compatibility tester! "Impossibly Odd Couple" my ass.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: November 23, 2014, 12:37:54 pm »

Flew with far more grace than I'm normally capable of. Got one of my oppoenents to throw a knife at the back of the other, then smacked the next knife back into him. They tried to jump me together, to which I sent one flying, disarmed the other, then landed a perfect smash on the first one. The next pair, one of them tried to throw a Siege Bomb, only for it to blow up in his face.

At the end of the match, I managed to score some extra throwing blades plus a few pieces of Imperial armor, plus a badass curved axe as a reward.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: November 25, 2014, 04:57:25 am »

I descended to the 16th depth of Hell, my trusty magic spear in hand and my father's spinning bash technique memorized, I retrieved the Golden Fleece of Yendor and escaped to the surface to live out my days as the King.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3533 on: November 25, 2014, 06:51:35 pm »

5 Podships, all destroyed in a matter of a few minutes (less than a minute each) with my flagship alone. Many close calls, but I defeated that quintet flawlessly. Not a single crew member lost.

Notable Close Calls:
-Almost hit by 3 plasma blasts simultaneously
-Almost hit the planet, only to gravity slingshot off it, and get an advantage over the enemy, obliterating them by the 3rd shot (first 2 were defensive shots, last one offensive)
-By next round, hit an asteroid, making it absorb the shock, crashing into the nearby planet I almost crashed into, only to intentionally orbit myself another slinghot
-Chase a Mycon Podship while it's doing a drive-by on me, only to bean it before it had a shot I couldn't block
-One more quick-draw fly-by shooting that I was quicker on the draw with, ending the battle
-By the end of the final ship's destruction, I was mere pixels away from 2 plasma shots nearly hitting me

Posted this just after the battle. Those Mycon were a trip.

There's a reason I'm so good at ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS! I'm used to frantic and physics-based combat like this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:03:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: November 26, 2014, 03:56:49 am »

Ohhhh boy, I am Gaming this system and this isn't your mommas gaming where you get extra lives or something, no siree.
I am finding secret pathways, exploiting enemy routines, min maxing like a boss and... Actually, I'll give you an example.

In the first mission, there is a sunken ship around where the informant is and you can lock pick that hatch open to get some cool stuff, however, it does not, in fact have a infinite durability, so you can break it open, but it's the first mission, where could you possibly get that amount of firepower?

Well, there are a couple explosive barrels scattered around the area, and while they normally glitch and become some kind of immovable object once above water, you can pretty much drag it around freely underwater otherwise, so (I have the shifter mod installed, by the way) I chucked a knife at it from the perfect distance to hit it and not get hurt and BAM.

I got access to stuff I haven't used ever since because I'm on a non lethal run, and still have the sawed off gumming up my inventory knowing full well I can't ever sell it.

I'm running out of space to put all my lockpicks and multi tools and i still refuse to use them!

I HAVE 15 MED KITS WHICH I HAVE NEVER NEEDED TO USE, MUHAHAHAHAH.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: November 26, 2014, 04:24:11 am »

Came back to the game after months, won two free for alls, decided that was a good note to end on and quit.

Both games were close; I spent most of the second game in second place as there was a crazy guy running around who was really good at throwing axes (as in, he would get headshots).  Unfortunately for him I grabbed the coachgun a few times and started one-shotting people with both barrels.  The few times I failed to get kills and they didn't kill me, I pulled out my revolver and fought with that.  One time I got an 11x kill streak through a mix of revolver and coachgun use.

Oh, and I killed someone by throwing a gun at them.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: November 26, 2014, 07:11:50 am »

So, uh, I was doing an OP0 run through the Fridge with an explosive based Krieg. I, uh, got an Impaler and a Prudential Butcher from killing rats.

Let me reiterate that, I just got 2 rare drops in the space of a few minutes from killing some of the most not-lootable enemies in the game. I got a legit drop of one of the rarest guns, the Butcher, in the game, from killing worthless mobs, on UVHM with no OP levels. Clearly the random number god was pleased with my ludicrous bloodsplosions.

Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: November 26, 2014, 04:36:52 pm »

Caroline.

Write a movie. Please. Doesn't even need a real plot. Just a movie about a series of battles following many different soldiers from either side. Doing fucking crazy shit/Dying in sad ways.

Please.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: November 26, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »

While out doin' stuff in the Blazeridge Steppes, I heard a huge roar, that shook the screen. A panicky little box popped up on the side of the screen: "The Shatterer has landed! Destroy it!"

It was helpfully marked on my map where it was, so I booked it straight out there into territory much too high a level for poor ol' level 46 me. Most of the enemies in the area were level 50 - as a necromancer, my character is pretty tanky, plus he gets another bar of health to access other moves. So effectively, i had ~9,000 + 5000 or so HP, plus various regenerative capabilities (one of my minions drains health, one weapon set has a move that bleeds the opponent and I regenerate, and my other weapon set has one that makes the opponent vulnerable and I regenerate. Also when I dodge, upon landing it drops the bleed/regenerate marker, and if i drop below 90% I regenerate too). So basically, I was tanky as fuck.

So we're fighting the Shatterer, a good sixty players plinking at its feet and mouth, and two more sets either side firing mortars at long range at it.

So it starts winding up for its huge attack, a huge AOE circle appears on the ground, and I can't dodge out of the way. No energy left with which to dodge - my only hope is to tank the hit.

I jump into Death Shroud form. AOE hits, instantly breaking the Death Shroud and dropping me to 26 HP!

TWENTY MOTHAFUNKIN' SIX. Of course, an elementalist seeing my HP being the barest sliver of green ran over and spammed regenerative moves with their staff to get me back up, but it was still very hairy. It might've been because I was underleveled, but still! it was intense. We finally ended up defeating the shatterer and all I got for it was some pretty basic loot.

blazing glory

« Reply #3539 on: November 26, 2014, 09:21:56 pm »

I've died...what? 10? 15? Whatever, I've died around 15 times to Deadlift, that shock gun is just so over powered and whenever you have the opportunity to shoot him he nigh instakills you to make sure you never get the chance.

EDIT: Stupid threads.

I guess it's Deadlift doing the owning though.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:23:35 pm by blazing glory »
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 711