Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329577 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3435 on: November 06, 2014, 12:46:01 pm »

Grrr I can't wait till the WiiU version comes out so I can kick some ass with Game and Watch.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: November 06, 2014, 05:46:02 pm »

2 more matches of G&W vs his Lucinia(sp?)
From what I can tell, Lucina is Marth, but a hair faster and with no abusable sweetspot.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: November 06, 2014, 05:54:52 pm »

I FINALLY MADE MY THIEF WORK.
YES
IT ONLY TOOK ABOUT 850 OR SO DAYS.
SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: November 06, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »

Got the D6, the Negative, and beat the Lamb twice today.  It has been a good day insfoar.

Binding of Isaac:  Rebirth.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: November 06, 2014, 08:14:43 pm »

Friend challenged me to some random smash, random maps, 3stock, random chars.

After a few matches he gets Shulk, I get game and watch.   I have never so much as touched game and watch, Shulk is one of my friend's mains.

Somehow I destroy him.  I don't even lose a single stock, it's a slaughter.  He tells me to stick with G&W and he switches to DK, another of his mains.  Again it's a slaughter, I win with 2 stocks left and at 10%.

2 more matches of G&W vs his Lucinia(sp?) and  Finally Palutena.  Finally Palutena beats my G&W after a very close match.

He insists that G&W must just be op and he tells me to switch to my best main (Charizard) while he plays g&w and I destroy him again.   I'm not sure if I'm a secret Game and Watch wizard or if my friend is just really bad at dealing with him.  Either way I think that counts as an own.

SSB4 2DS

Some people struggle with Game and Watch because of his jerky animations. He's actually incredibly light, one of the lightest characters in the game. Also, Judge has a small chance of OHKOing if it connects.

As to Lucina, yeah, she's a clone of Marth, but without the sweetspot and sourspots on her sword, so she's effectively identical. Babby's first Swordfighter, essentially. Also, jeeze, how much does Meta Knight suck these days?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: November 06, 2014, 09:57:38 pm »

Friend challenged me to some random smash, random maps, 3stock, random chars.

After a few matches he gets Shulk, I get game and watch.   I have never so much as touched game and watch, Shulk is one of my friend's mains.

Somehow I destroy him.  I don't even lose a single stock, it's a slaughter.  He tells me to stick with G&W and he switches to DK, another of his mains.  Again it's a slaughter, I win with 2 stocks left and at 10%.

2 more matches of G&W vs his Lucinia(sp?) and  Finally Palutena.  Finally Palutena beats my G&W after a very close match.

He insists that G&W must just be op and he tells me to switch to my best main (Charizard) while he plays g&w and I destroy him again.   I'm not sure if I'm a secret Game and Watch wizard or if my friend is just really bad at dealing with him.  Either way I think that counts as an own.

SSB4 2DS

Some people struggle with Game and Watch because of his jerky animations. He's actually incredibly light, one of the lightest characters in the game. Also, Judge has a small chance of OHKOing if it connects.

As to Lucina, yeah, she's a clone of Marth, but without the sweetspot and sourspots on her sword, so she's effectively identical. Babby's first Swordfighter, essentially. Also, jeeze, how much does Meta Knight suck these days?
I dunno why, but I had something similar back in Brawl. I had trouble finding a main--Link was fun but sucked, I used to like Kirby but found him KO'ing too fast... then I got G&W and the whole thing changed. First all-star clearing. Game and Watch seems to be some kind of bizarrely sustainable crutch character if you can stand his not!animation.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: November 06, 2014, 09:59:45 pm »

Love Game & Watch.  Everything he does feels like he's trolling the other player.  :D  I like to toss bacon at people as they charge at me.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: November 06, 2014, 10:06:13 pm »

Nowadays, I main Robin 24/7 (FE:A for life), but also have a place in my heart for Ness, Mii Swordfighers and Brawlers, and Serial Killer Villager.

We should probably retreat to the Smash Bros thread and rerail the *own*age.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: November 07, 2014, 12:11:22 am »

Got turned into a hog by Kirke; pulled a Vegeta and effortlessly beat the shit out of her while still under my baleful polymorph.

...then I pulled another Vegeta and ate the body.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3444 on: November 07, 2014, 05:18:20 pm »

Attempting to retake some points of a base, I'm on my Engi, charging towards a room, a MAX pops out, so I just start hosing the area down, he retreats into the room and I chase in after him because YOLO, immediately I get flashbanged and panic melee, which gets a kill, then I start spraying the area with gunfire and get two more kills, my vision clears and the MAX, an Engineer and a Light Assault are lying dead on the floor.

Then one of my teammates runs into the room and pops me in the back, killing me.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: November 07, 2014, 05:20:49 pm »

Attempting to retake some points of a base, I'm on my Engi, charging towards a room, a MAX pops out, so I just start hosing the area down, he retreats into the room and I chase in after him because YOLO, immediately I get flashbanged and panic melee, which gets a kill, then I start spraying the area with gunfire and get two more kills, my vision clears and the MAX, an Engineer and a Light Assault are lying dead on the floor.

Then one of my teammates runs into the room and pops me in the back, killing me.
Ah, finally.

* Tawarochir casts Meteor Swarm

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: November 07, 2014, 05:40:16 pm »

Welcome to Planetside 2, here's your complementary gaping hole in the back.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: November 07, 2014, 06:01:10 pm »

Playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Because my 3DS is somewhere in storage and I don't want to dig through and try to find the bloody rectangle) with my little brother. 5 stock, removing some of the items that annoy us, on the Bridge of Eldin(?). We both play our mains; Pikachu for him, Toon Link for me.

Normally, we have a pretty close match, though I tend to win simply because I'm better at surviving with higher percentages than him. However, this time around, I managed to beat him almost effortlessly. When we finished, I was at about 20% and only lost one stock. When he tried to use his headbutt attack, I stopped him with an arrow. Electric ball was met with some jumps because frankly electric ball isn't hard to dodge. Thunderbolt proved a bit trickier, since I'm probably overly fond of down stab, but I managed to get the timing down on air dodging through it, and used it to feint on several occasions. A number of quick grapples and side smashes later, he was down.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:36:31 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: November 08, 2014, 04:26:10 am »

Playing original Smash Bros for N64 as Fox on Hard with one stock. I beat the first stages with full power, no miss and fighter stance (being in your "taunt" pose when the match ends). Then I get to Fox, who's usually a challenge on hard.

The first ~30secs of the match, we're just going back-and-forth on top of the Great Fox. Then an Arwing happened to fly by while I was in the middle of throwing CPU Fox. Fox lands on the Arwing, which then immediately zooms off the edge of the screen, taking my opponent with it. Unfortunately, there was no bonus for that clear. :(

Also, I got to Fighting Polygon Team and almost beat it. There were three guys left, one of which was off the screen with no hope of coming back. On one-stock Hard runs I usually game over on Metal Mario, so this is pretty good by my standards.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: November 08, 2014, 02:34:48 pm »

I started a new games after Chryslid-ocolypse.  first mission, I tell my guys to drop their weapons and they go in and punch a muton into unconciousness.  We then dragged it onto the ship and it is in our (wherever the hell we keep those things).

Aww yea.

Xenonauts.  You can tell Im starting to get bored with it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:38:07 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 711