Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328611 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #3120 on: August 30, 2014, 04:53:32 pm »

After a highly profitable trip to the tropical island, I discovered that I do, in fact, have a limit to how many bells can be on me at one time :))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3121 on: August 31, 2014, 09:10:54 pm »

En route to destroy some Migs at a site, I have a helicopter patrol shooting at me. In a desperate effort, I switch my rifle to grenade launcher mode, and fire off a shot without ironsighting, and beaned it right out of the sky in a one-hit-kill. Fuck yeah. Those things are obnoxious; and that was a satisfying kill.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3122 on: August 31, 2014, 10:50:01 pm »

En route to destroy some Migs at a site, I have a helicopter patrol shooting at me. In a desperate effort, I switch my rifle to grenade launcher mode, and fire off a shot without ironsighting, and beaned it right out of the sky in a one-hit-kill. Fuck yeah. Those things are obnoxious; and that was a satisfying kill.

Is that just as good as the first one?

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: September 01, 2014, 12:37:19 am »

Got 3 kills with the Flying Guillotine and 2 more with the Shortstop!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: September 01, 2014, 12:41:33 am »

Managed to save a game of the daily match, an Assault (1 lane and no returning to base) game where you can only play Janus and Chronos. I was the only Chronos on either side. After feeding early on, we just kinda.. pulled it together after a few deicides.

SMITE
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3125 on: September 01, 2014, 02:39:00 pm »

Is that just as good as the first one?
Bit more challenging, but still good fun. Not as likely to destroy vehicles with a rifle as you used to. I used to shoot down helicopters with 1-2½ magazines from my rifle at a distance easily; these ones take a bit more effort to the point grenades are more effective. Saves up on rockets for the more distant/harder to reach/more obnoxious targets like tanks and such; which oddly enough, can also be shot to death.

On that note, I still recall playing Arma2, and popping a helicopter out of the sky mid-flight with a well-aimed rifle shot through the cockpit, and watching it crash nearby. Really saves on ammo when you can one-shot armor or choppers; far more impressive when you can shoot a jet out of the sky on foot with a rifle or sidearm.

All that remains now is knifing a tank dead, or doing the same to aircraft in-transit. Screw logic, and like my avatar, screw physics.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:41:41 pm by Itnetlolor »

gigaraptor487

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic now civilised
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: September 01, 2014, 02:43:20 pm »

A Nana-Yon Shiki G were in the forest north of alpha (on the wonsan harbour map). Their job was to use a combination of their mark 17 grenade launchers and tank guns (L7A3?) to kill any softskin vehicles and infantry. I expected them to have to deal with the odd unit of Saperzy '85 or something, however many units of spetznaz, the aforementioned anti infantry units and regular infantry came through. At one point a number of Ka-52 recon helicopters came overhead which unfortunately survived with 1 hit point left, but this tank absolutely murdered most of the infantry coming through the forest, and arguably allowed us to delay defeat for a few vital minutes. Unfortunately, while we were leading on points in the game, we lost the game in the last 7 seconds when they killed our last command unit.

EDIT: I really wish I had screenshots of when smaws or wachregiment beat the enemy to a town, when the vehicles are sent to the centre of the town.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:49:44 pm by gigaraptor487 »
Hehe, you thought there would be an interesting sig here

I now run a program which brings old multiplayer games back to life : click

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: September 02, 2014, 12:24:03 pm »

Saw the enemy infiltrate my base through the air vents.  Ran down to the air vent opening in the middle of the base, set a series of bombs in the air vent opening in the ceiling, and gibbed them before they came out.

Then went to the enemy base, camped in their air vents, and gibbed six or seven enemies as they exited their own base through the air vents.  I was able to continue until I ran out of ammo.  Around the corner they would come, to be reduced to chunky salsa by me.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: September 03, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

Escaped the exploding facility, shot the General into pieces, and saved the world.

Shit yes.

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: September 04, 2014, 12:27:37 am »

Lost the entire original crew of my Zoltan Cruiser "Green Machine", still managed to pull off a win.  On hard mode.  Using the unimpressive weapon combo of halberd beam + flak 1 + burst laser 1, no less.  With some extra systems of course.

In the end the crew consisted of the Zoltan Envoy and 3 freed prisoners and slaves.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: September 04, 2014, 12:47:40 am »

I think I used Falcon Strike for this.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: September 04, 2014, 02:01:28 am »

Just destroyed the 2nd big-ass robot and did it without being hit, also enjoying knifing off guy into grinders then blowing up

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: September 04, 2014, 09:09:15 am »

I'm playing Enemy Unknown.  I have two soldiers being gene modded, my heavy and my sniper, both for six days.  I then have an abduction mission.  In it my backup heavy and sniper are both wounded for two weeks.  Then comes a council mission.  EVERY single one of my soldiers takes 1 damage due to thin man poison.  Then, one day before all of those soldiers recover and my gene modding is done, I get a terror mission.  I have ONE corporal support, and exactly four rookies.  No one else can go.  I manage to beat it with only one rookie dying to a surprise chrysallid (It ran away earlier.  I was clearing out some floaters from a building when suddenly a chyrssalid jumped down from the roof, walked through five reaction fire shots with none of them hitting, and killed a rookie.  I grenaded the shit out of those two)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: September 05, 2014, 06:06:47 pm »

Their team: Lonestar, Leon and Gnaw.
Our team: Ayla (me), Coco, and Raelynn.

Lost the early game horribly by losing both of our front turrets very quickly, Gnaw killed our Raelynn a couple of times via DoT and I died stupidly to the solar boss. Our Raelynn was playing fairly well, but had an annoying tendency to not buy items, leaving her a bit supbar for most of the match.

I managed to farm creeps enough to scrounge up enough money to increase Rage damage and get some extra health for Lonestar's dynamite/Gnaw's spit, managed to hunt down Gnaw when he played a little bit too manly, followed by Leon after she killed our Raelynn and got stuck in a timerift. This continued until I had gotten six kills in the span of about 3 minutes, aided by the fact that, at this point, Raelynn had at least had enough sense to pick up damage upgrades for her snipe.

We briefly turn around the game and take down both their front turrets, but shortly afterward I mess up while ganking Gnaw and die. By the time I respawn, our second turret is down and Leon's dueling our Coco in our base while Lonestar/Gnaw pushes down the remaining turret. I quickly get out and attack Leon and chase him away, but he survives and our last turret falls shortly after that.

This is the point where I go into full on carry mode, maximizing damage output and durability, followed by quickly moving around the map ganking any enemy naut I come across. I get another Killing Machine streak, and we turn around and break their top turret, I kill Gnaw and almost manage kill Leon before dying again. I get down in time to kill Gnaw again, I get to their base to harass them while Coco pushes down the bottom turret. A teamfight ensues and I kill Gnaw. Coco teleports back to defend our base against the backdooring Leon. She dies, Raelynn teleports back to take her place, leaving me alone in their base with Lonestar. Begin the base race.

I take out most of Lonestar's health, but he retreats behind his core where I can't hurt him. However, he foolishly decides to jump out again to throw dynamite at me. I dodge most of it, then Evil Eye him and jump behind him, bodyblocking him and killing him with my meager auto-attack. I'm at ridiculously low health and wailing away at their core without any creep assistance. I manage to finish their core off at the precise moment as Leon decloaks in an attempt to tongue and subsequently kill me, winning the game. Our own core was at 25% health.

TL;DR, we lost early game horribly but I turned the game around through a couple of ganks and managed to carry my team to victory, winning the base race by a thin margin and ending up with a final score of 15-4. Best game I've had in a while.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:20:23 am by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: September 06, 2014, 06:18:58 pm »

Queued up with a couple of my homies for 3v3. We decided to play as The A-Team (this time it was Apollo, Ares, and me as Aphrodite), against Hel, Fenrir, and Serqet.

It all started to go downhill for their team at the very beginning. We were getting me the mana buff when I noticed a Hand of the Gods being used far off in the jungle, so we went to go look and we found Fenrir getting himself the damage buff. In a quick little scuffle (okay it was more of a beating, 3v1 is never pretty) we took him out. As a nice little bonus, we stole the damage buff from him.

Then it was just us stomping them from then on. We won in 10:04, before they could even surrender.

Then they called us noobs and said "jaja". I guess.

SMITE
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 711