Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330083 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2985 on: July 28, 2014, 06:09:59 am »

Rushed berserker-style into the middle of a swirling melee, managed to stunlock and kill a hunter. Even though I died seconds afterword, it felt soooo good to be on the other side of that situation for a change.

World of Warcraft.

Class?

Edit: And now I killed Rima without dying. I LOVE this gem. :D
Edit 2: And that was my first Piety kill without dying.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 04:03:13 pm by Something Evil »
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: July 28, 2014, 09:18:21 am »

Gas station map, starting behind the structure, already eliminated one squad of Sectoids in the alley right out the bat.  Accidentally activated a squad of Sectoids out of the truck stop which also triggered a squad of Drones out of the garage at the same time, while I was sitting in the pump area - in other words, a classic pincer with me stuck in a very flammable vise.  Had an LMG Gunner and Shotgun Assault on the roof over the gas pumps, though, so I ripped the Drones to pieces, connecting with every shot that mattered, even on 46% chance to hit shots.  I then swept up the Sectoids without even breaking a sweat.  I love LMG Gunners.  Squadsight Suppression is a beautiful thing, and Flashbangs are so useful in dealing with enemy suppression. 

Also, actually hit my target with a Rocket on a Council mission - with Long War's spread mechanic, I'm pretty sure that counts, too. ^_^

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: July 28, 2014, 09:34:48 pm »

There is nothing left for me to do in Session Mode in Rocksmith 2014, aside from jamming with the robo-band.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: July 28, 2014, 10:38:03 pm »

The very first game of TF2 I played was KoTH Harvest, as a Heavy.  My first unlock was the Buffalo Steak Sandvich.  I'm trying it out on the point when, midway through the animation, a spy rushes in and uncloaks behind me where my team can't see.  Unbeknownst to him I saw him, and have my camera aimed in his direction.  When the animation finishes I click, causing heavy to instantly spin around and one-shot him with an uppercut.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

blazing glory

« Reply #2989 on: July 28, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »

Pretty sure you can guess what happened next  8).

Actually no,I haven't played TF2,wouldn't backstabbing get you noticed or something?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: July 28, 2014, 11:18:36 pm »

Unless you have the camera pointed at yourself somehow, you can't see behind you.
So he stabs the guy in the back... in the back.
The rest of the line is still looking away, and probably didn't hear anything, because it's a dang noisy game.
So he stabs the next guy in line... in the back.
And so on and so forth.
Spies often go unnoticed because you don't notice them until you're already dead from being stabbed in the back.

Unless that spy is me. Apparently I can't sneak for beans. But on the other hand, I can go on a shotgun rampage as completely vanilla heavy like nobodies business, killing like 3 pyros, 2 spies, 3 engineers, 4 camped out snipers, and countless scouts before being killed. I did not encounter any demos or other heavies that whole time. Hot streak my ass, I went supernova. If I recall correctly, my team managed to push the cart past two checkpoints during that life.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: July 28, 2014, 11:31:38 pm »

Pretty sure you can guess what happened next  8).

Actually no,I haven't played TF2,wouldn't backstabbing get you noticed or something?

Backstabbing with any weapon is noisy with any weapon except Your Eternal Reward, and that weapon has other drawbacks. If you use standard knives, the stabbed player screams out loud and does an elaborate 'my throat is slit' animation. A quick witted player will turn around if they hear a scream like that near them. The Spy-cicle is silent, but leaves the player's corpse behind frozen as an ice statue for a good few seconds, easily spotted from afar because it contrasts so much with the colouring of things.
I'm going to assume Cmega was using the Spycicle, because it's a damn good knife. Silent kills, and if they're heading in the opposite direction, they won't see the statue it leaves behind.

Also, the Engineer is the Spy's natural prey. If the Engi's carrying his sentry, and he gets killed while carrying it, the sentry dies too.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: July 28, 2014, 11:53:37 pm »

In my experience the standard knife is quiet enough that most everyone can't hear it.  Hell, I've put like 60 hours into spy and *I* never hear backstabs unless I'm involved on one end or the other.  You really can just chain stab a row of people, however most of TF2's playerbase has learned to check around them when no one's around, so it generally only works if they're distracted fighting your allies.

The main point of silent kills as I see it is to keep them out of the kill feed, which maintains the element of surprise.  But honestly both of the silent kill weapons have large enough downsides that they're less stealthy than the stock knife.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: July 29, 2014, 02:12:52 am »

Rushed berserker-style into the middle of a swirling melee, managed to stunlock and kill a hunter. Even though I died seconds afterword, it felt soooo good to be on the other side of that situation for a change.

World of Warcraft.

Class?

Edit: And now I killed Rima without dying. I LOVE this gem. :D
Edit 2: And that was my first Piety kill without dying.

Paladin, whichever one is the tank spec. I have the feeling that my equipment (read: random junk from quests) isn't all that great for PVP, since enemy tanks regularly take a massive beating and survive while I seem very fragile. And this character is on a PvP realm, so I'm really going to need better stuff before I get into places like Un'Goro where Horde and Alliance quest in equal strength.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: July 29, 2014, 03:53:23 am »

Beat Lost Planet 2 on hard with max friendly fire and all three AI squadmates. Awesome game, although it felt shorter than the ~11 hours Steam says I put into it. "Hard" was surprisingly easy, aside from the insta-killing no-scoping asshole snipers you find everywhere on over half the levels and VSs. The hardest part of the game, in general (aside from the boss fights), is your AI squadmates.

They can actually path around the map intelligently, especially impressive because of the anchor system. I honestly don't know where they got half their weapons (I've seen my allies using energy assault weapons that I could never find myself) but they sometimes have a hard time actually fighting. They like to stare at enemy soldiers right in front of them for multiple seconds at a time. This would be frustrating except the enemy soldiers do the exact same thing. Fortunately, your AI squadmates kicking the bucket doesn't drain your battle gauge.

It made me sad when I realized they didn't understand how to board VSs, though. They'll get in yours if it's a multi-seater but will never take one of their own volition, which may actually be a blessing in disguise against the bosses and mass-VS combat. There's literally a single point in the game where your allies pilot the VSs and that's because they were spawned into them after a cutscene.

In a boss fight, the AI is... Decent enough. Not terribly helpful but not useless, either. They'll grab the boss' attention and hold it for a while as you run for a weapon or a VS, but will probably die after doing a bit of damage. In one particular case (spoiler), my allies just kind of bunched up in one part of the arena and barely shot at the boss when it came near, choosing instead to scatter when it attacked and resuming their terrified huddling when it left them alone again. They knew how to (spoiler), though. Such a nice touch! Out of boss fights, though, AI squadmates will clean house in most cases. I've actually had them destroy whole VS assault teams and larger Akrid types on their own after I was killed.

Out of the AI field, Lost Planet 2 is a nice game. The graphics are nice, with the Akrid having a lot of varying and interesting design choices. Many levels are designed with a lot of hidden weapons and VSs that are just off the beaten path but you'll easily miss if you focus on the fighting too much. There are plenty of fighting areas straight out of a multiplayer deathmatch game, with a generally circular combat zone that has plenty of weapons lying around and tunnels or rooms to use and avoid a certain area of the map for whatever reason. Seemingly everybody has anchors and VSs can jump or use their jetpacks to move upwards, giving these maps a lot of room to move and making you have to stay on your toes. The cutscenes are amazing, some of the best I've seen. VS combat is a solid part of the game and you'll go against VSs many, many times, supporting the anime-ness of this game.

The only thing I would complain about, really, is the number of loading screens. Missions are broken up into a lot of smaller areas with generally short but still mildly annoying loading screens, probably because they let the reality flood back into your mind for that bit of time. Also, the snipers who can't hit a distant target to save their lives but will one-shot you when you turn a corner, but that's probably not an issue on anything other than hard. I'd heartily recommend the game, even if you just went with the singleplayer campaign.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: July 29, 2014, 09:05:36 am »

Paladin, whichever one is the tank spec. I have the feeling that my equipment (read: random junk from quests) isn't all that great for PVP, since enemy tanks regularly take a massive beating and survive while I seem very fragile. And this character is on a PvP realm, so I'm really going to need better stuff before I get into places like Un'Goro where Horde and Alliance quest in equal strength.

...why are you playing as a Protadin in PvP? Why are you bothering attacking tanks in PvP? CTF or what?
Admittedly, damage scaling for abilities is derp at lower levels, (like be protwarr, charge, SSlam, overpower, get KB, or be Disc, get 2 crits with Pennance, get KB) but Retridins are aggressively middling this expansion; Protadin is pretty godawful.
Also, don't expect any good results in low level PvP if you're not in full PvP looms, maybe a bit of twink gear.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: July 29, 2014, 01:04:42 pm »

Aah, Spore. I wish my copy would work, but nooooo. DRM-code bullshit makes it impossible. Which sucks because I fucking adore that game.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: July 29, 2014, 02:17:04 pm »

Snoipah is dead! Long live Snoipah!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: July 29, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

All of that (except 8 counties) is his; all in an effort to create a kingdom and raise Moral Authority so he can dump gravelkind.  Being my first pagan run, I am proud.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: July 29, 2014, 06:20:47 pm »

...why are you playing as a Protadin in PvP? Why are you bothering attacking tanks in PvP? CTF or what?
Admittedly, damage scaling for abilities is derp at lower levels, (like be protwarr, charge, SSlam, overpower, get KB, or be Disc, get 2 crits with Pennance, get KB) but Retridins are aggressively middling this expansion; Protadin is pretty godawful.
Also, don't expect any good results in low level PvP if you're not in full PvP looms, maybe a bit of twink gear.

I hardly ever look at what's happening in the metagame for multiplayer things. I didn't think that some classes/specs would just be straight up useless for PvP.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 06:22:59 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 711