Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333690 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #285 on: September 20, 2011, 11:50:58 pm »

Hard to do that when said 200-man armies are besieging your own towns and castles :|

Thankfully, this doesn't seem to be as much a problem in Warband.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2011, 12:46:36 pm »

Nailed the Queen right in the face. She was still going so I went around to tag her from behind. The next one went right up the Queen's arse while she was still mounted. Fitting, and effective nonetheless. The third one went throught the back of her right lung, knocking her unconscious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2011, 04:53:25 am »

The land demons came with a massive siege, about 30 units per squad leader.. I spotted 3 leaders of the large squads. An elite bowman, a hammerlord and a swordsmaster. The swordsmaster's squad had war mummies, too. About 8 of them.  The bowman and hammerlord charged straight into my fortress. And straight into my trap. The leaders were knocked into the magma below and the pawns were impaled. The squad lead by the swordsmaster fled in horror after seeing their collegues incinerated and impaled. A few demons remained, wanting more action. I had a useless dwarf migrant run onto the magma bridges. I then had the lever pulled, killing him and the demons.

Dwarf Fortress - Genesis mod.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2011, 07:17:58 am »

The infidels brought their armies before the walls of Suno. Though the people of this city are not of the tribes, they had shown their loyalty to me and more importantly -- this city was mine. I won it through fire, blood, sword and arrow and I would not reliquinsh it to the likes of Rhodoki rabble who are too meek to even mount a pony.

Though the Rhodoks were great in number, ours were greater in spirit. 936 versus 100. By the time it was over, King Graveth's host was broken and the city had a new moat made entirely of Rhodok blood. Many brave warriors fell in Suno's defense, but many, MANY more Rhodoks joined their ancestors empty-handed that day.

Game: Mount & Blade, playing as a Khergit Khanate horse archer. The Swadians are utterly destroyed at this point, with 3/4 of their lands going to us, 1/4 going to the Nords. Everybody is at war with everybody. Suno's defenders were a mix of Vaergir, Swadian, Nord and even forest bandits but with very few Khergit among them. Basically, they were prisoners I had freed from various war parties that I ambushed. They were using a siege tower, and I had enough Guards/Sergeants/Huscarls (and some stout companions) to wedge them in at the point of attack and just hack away. Plus, I have 250+ skill in bow so I was picking off nobles and Rhodok Sergeants by the bushel as the siege tower was being rolled forward. They spent three successive days trying to assult the city, and finally withdraw with collective losses of about 400-500. We lost 7 killed, 13 wounded. TOTAL.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Warlord of Woe

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Axeman : : Legendary Armor user
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2011, 08:38:27 am »

There was this huge, military drone saturating the open air with bullets and missiles all intent on killing me, but I managed to sprint right next to the thing and run around it, too fast for its giant, unwieldy legs to match, while expending all of my shotgun ammunition to subdue it. The robot started sparking madly, so I jumped away and took cover from its (possibly harmless) explosion.

BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2011, 10:14:58 pm »

Oblivion. I started a new character with "stunted Magica"
Maybe I just haven't played TES for a while, but I fail to see the ownage  :-\

He chose the Atronach Birthsign which means he gets a 200 point bonus (or is it 150?) to his Magicka, but is unable to restore it without potions. However, it also comes with a whopping 50% spell absorbtion which means every second magic hit on average is converted into magicka and added to your pool.

Atronach birthsign is very overpowered. It's useful for anti-mage Warriors, who get mitigated damage when pursuing mages, it's useful for a Magicka Tank- A high elf with Atronach Birthsign will start off with in excess of 400 Magicka, a shedload when my level 31 Orc Warrior has 67 Magicka. The Atronach sign offsets the weakness to magic that all high elves have too.

In short:
  • Superb for "Anti-mages" - any class with a disadvantage to magic has it mitigated
  • Superb for High Elves of any class as it offsets their weakness to magic
  • Superb for Bretons who want to be able to tank using magic- their Greater Power 'Dragon Skin' is useful, as is their already buffed magicka stat.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »

1943 rose of the axis
Turn 1: Wiped out Russia. By taking capital.
Turn 2: Took half of china
Turn 3: Took what's left of china.
Turn 4: began to mass forces.
Turn 8: Began invasion of Canada through Alaska
Turn 14: Finished Canada took most of northern US.
Turn 18: Most of America taken
Turn 22: Italy fell to England. ( wasn't paying attention in that area.)
Turn 23: America has fallen England stands alone. Took english base in Italy.
Turn 27: england falls.
Turn 28 Australia falls to Japan.
Turn 30: I tale India.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2011, 12:42:07 am »

Shot Kael in the head when he was building his house... thing... in an FPS. I then proceeded to start building my own but then he shot me.
Ace of Spades
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2011, 03:10:36 pm »

I was playing Alpha Centauri, and after a while got this message.
http://imageshack.us/f/97/alphacentauri.png/
(If you don't want to count that as owning, my empire was also doing really well).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 05, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »

I was bored, so I started screwing with emulator memory while playing Pokemon Gold. Managed to hack my mom's money to a glitched value, which apparently serves as infinite money. For a short while, every battle against another trainer ended with Mom calling me about her severe shopping addiction using my money, which stopped around the time I cleared Sprout Tower.

Some bot ownage as well: In Cortex Command, I was playing Dummy Assault, and I dropped a grenade down a shaft onto a dummy with a grenade launcher. The dummy shot the grenade with his grenade dead-on, and both blew up in the air.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 05, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

Plasma carronades at 0km doing 25 damage to a fighter craft with some 4 total armor+internal HP.  The best part?  I had like a 5% hit chance due to my poor Fire Control setup and it took 15 seconds per reload.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #296 on: November 05, 2011, 05:43:37 pm »

Outside my epic 250m-500m gunkill of a helicopter on foot with a standard rifle; in another random encounter, I was overwhelmed by another squad of riflemen and non-stop fire. I lobbed a single frag grenade towards the group (of maybe 6 riflemen) from behind very little cover (like the crest of a hill and behind a tiny bush) while prone and got them all in a single toss.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:26:02 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 06, 2011, 01:35:00 pm »

I was bored, so I started screwing with emulator memory while playing Pokemon Gold. Managed to hack my mom's money to a glitched value, which apparently serves as infinite money. For a short while, every battle against another trainer ended with Mom calling me about her severe shopping addiction using my money, which stopped around the time I cleared Sprout Tower.

Following up on this, I figured out how to hack my items. Infinite Master Balls, huzzah.

I'm not exactly sure what all those Teru-Samas are. They aren't useable. I also found that trying to use a TM from the Item Pocket(where everything can technically be) causes the game to reset.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2011, 06:07:15 am »

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Teru-sama

The Teru-sama is a placeholder item. It can't be used except to be sold. Teru-sama = 'Lord Sunshine' which corresponds to the GS ball in the Anime.
One GS ball when hacked to have a 'use' function opens the town map, another; works as the Poke Flute but is silent.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 07, 2011, 11:17:02 am »

Bored and low on chips, I decided to play some slots before the server shutdown (as they were taking it offline to add a patch). Plinked the 1 chip button a couple times, no dice. 10, got a win that gave me back the same number of chips, but mostly losses. Hit the 50 chip button, and suddenly, about 3 minutes before the server restart, I won 4000. Don't ask me how. Then, decided to push my luck, a few 100 chip bets led me to a cool 8000 chip win.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 711