Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329502 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2430 on: April 11, 2014, 09:55:44 pm »

That's...

Really odd.

But I've had the same thing happen to me in Unreal Tournament when someone tried to smoosh me with a manta, so I guess it just happens in games sometimes.
Well stuff like that happens...
My computer can't youtube right now.
I have 1 bar of connection. Which is somehow still enough for the forum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:06 pm »

That's...

Really odd.

But I've had the same thing happen to me in Unreal Tournament when someone tried to smoosh me with a manta, so I guess it just happens in games sometimes.
All there is on this fourm is letters, some cool pictures and dry wit, so it would not take alot...

Also finally finish GTA V and really like the ending for how it ended

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 12, 2014, 12:19:52 am »

That's...

Really odd.

All there is on this fourm is letters, some cool pictures and dry wit, so it would not take alot...
With a bad connection, some of the GIFs on certain overderailed threads might take enough to make the page fail to load properly.

Or if you happen to be using an Opera based browser because installing a different one would likely require hacking and risk bricking your 3DS.

I don't want to hack, and have to endure that browser when on the go (and setting up a connection manually when in unfamiliar surroundings); this has resulted in some pages, even on this very forum, to not load. But usually I can do what I need to.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 13, 2014, 09:57:57 am »

Hanging out in my booth on Bazaar day with a stack of 20 gold from river diving. Summer, year 1. An old man walks up to the counter and wants to chat. I figure, sure, why the hell not? Not like I'm going to hit the 40k goal selling potatoes and turnips anyway. He takes up a lot of my time, but eventually stops talking.

"Thank you, sonny! I haven't had a good chat in ages. I'll buy all of your gold for being so nice to me." Hello there, $160k.

A true salesperson always makes their customers feel like they are the only customers.

Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness on the DS.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 13, 2014, 07:40:55 pm »

Got my steam skyrim working on my android :D can use mods too, but need an external storage. Nexus 4 has far too little space. So I have to figure that out.

I would call that owning :D 

BTW. Why the heck does my mid-high end PC far better specs in everyway do so bad with even unmodded skyrim :( my kinda old nexus 4 performs better ROFL. That is on a brand new install of windows 7. Kinda weird.

In any case. Now I can do skyrim on the go :D and as far as steam goes, for some reason it just works without it on my android. Seems maybe cause its not on windows or something. But I did copy my skyrim folder over...I know someone will prob have asked about it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:44:51 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 13, 2014, 07:44:39 pm »

What are your PC's specs?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 13, 2014, 07:49:44 pm »

Geforce 660gtx 2gb

I5 CPU...forgot exact specs. Its crappiest motherboard ever but its a crappy low-mid CPU. Plays good enough.

8gb ddr3 ram

Windows 7 64bit

1tb HD

I just upgraded my GPU in December. CPU is shit. Everything else is mid-high end.

Brand new install, no mods. I did however notice games on steam run worse than same games non-steam.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 13, 2014, 07:59:38 pm »

That's a pretty similar card to what I run, as far as 3dMark11 score. Do you have the latest drivers/directx?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 13, 2014, 08:00:40 pm »

I outdamaged everyone else (including the tier 8 TDs) and got 1410 base XP (7050 with the x5 for first win) as an AMX 13 75. It's my best game so far with it.

Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 13, 2014, 08:02:44 pm »

That's a pretty similar card to what I run, as far as 3dMark11 score. Do you have the latest drivers/directx?

Yeah. Prob cause steam doesn't like my firewall (ports open for steam) or my Dev release candidate windows 7. Cause deus ex (new one) gets 10 to 15 fps on steam and nonsteam its 60 which I cap it at.

(Edit) skyrim on my PC is more playable with mods added to it though. Like safety load, skse and some other stuff like unofficial patches. Which is funny as my heavily modded skyrim plays better than vanilla. But plays better on my little nexus.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:18:00 pm by Vendayn »

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 13, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

I just beat the Warzone2100 campaign. I cheated, but it was just the see-all and the win cheats at the very end because it bugged in the last mission (everything was gone and it was still going).

If you couldn't tell, Warzone 2100.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 13, 2014, 09:56:48 pm »

My damage output as a ranger may not be as high as some of my other party members, but being the only player with any considerable range to my attacks sure has its benefits.

Most notable was when I clipped the wings of a manticore, sending plummeting to the ground and opening it up to attacks from other players.

Aimed shots are quite useful in certain situations. Or OP, depending on how you view it. The rules could be fleshed out a bit more though, since we had no idea what the flying check should be for the manticore to not fall, and the rule books didn't say much to help.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 13, 2014, 11:46:38 pm »

Our squad went into 2 team to clean up the town, i was in the yellow team, one machine gunner, 2 rifleman and 1 medic (me), we were tasked to secure the inner part of the town where most of the enemy was sighted by the recon squad, white team had 2 rifleman and one grenader/?.

Not long after our entry in the town white team was more on the outskirt of the town and they fell in ambush, pinned down by enemy fire, they had 2 casualty so far, yellow team diverted their progress to move toward them but we found an enemy squad striaght in front of us, while most of the team was fighting them, i went to flank the enemy position from the right... The enemy was in a building straight in front of me, only thing i had as cover once they started shooting me was a half rocky ledge, i crawled behind it only to see bullet hitting JUST next to me but on the SIDE i was on!, i quickly turned around to see 3 ennemy straight in my face, must have turned a corner from behind while i was advancing.

I fired full auto on them and kill all 3 of them and i got shot twice in the process, i was lucky to still be alive. I drop a smoke where the enemy was just in case more would show up at least i would be concealed while i dispatch those in the building in front of me. I threw a grenade in the building and killed one of the enemy, and during the explosion i rose just high enough i dispatch the other one.

During all this time the rest of my tam was still trying to clear the other enemy who was more numerous than the intel was telling us. i went on the side of the building where most of the enemy were and started dispatching them one by one in quick succession. (God i love TMR mod.. to control the recoil of these god damn humongous recoil system in that game..). When all those i had line of sight went down the rest of the team had much less pressure to finish the other and we kept going toward white team. But our little skirmish was the end of the last member of the white team.

After doing a quick fixup on all of my team member we move forward, only a few dozen meters now, quickly dispatching remaining force as they appeared, we had killed most of the resistance in this little encounter but we had much more firepower than white team. Went ahead of them and revived them all and we continued clearing the town to finaly capture it.

Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 14, 2014, 02:06:55 pm »

The alien supply ship was shot down over Pakistan, and crash landed on the shores of a man made lake behind a hydro dam. Local security forces reported 10 heavily armed aliens survived the crash, and were now heading for the dam control centre, opening fire on anyone who came into range. The Hercules heavy dropship was scrambled from our HQ in central Turkey and would arrive after approx 4 hours with engines flat out - enough time for them to hunker down in a solid defensive position - or so I thought. The dropship hovered over a helipad on the south side of the dam, and in seconds all 12 troops had disembarked. The dropship dusted off with a roar of engine noise, futile plasma rounds arcing above our heads into the night sky from the aliens on the far side of the dam, who had been alerted by the noise. They were in no mood to sit back and let us come to them - they were rushing out LZ. 4 forward sentries on the dam were taken down by bursts of particle beam fire and plasma grenades. A further 3 on the far bank were shredded by needles from a pair of alien coil guns turned back on them. This left 3 in heavy armour taking cover in low buildings on the far bank. 3 sharp cracks later and each is down, heads cleanly removed by sniper fire from our own high calibre coil guns. 30 seconds, 10 dead aliens.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:09:04 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 14, 2014, 02:49:40 pm »

Sent Pikachu flying off the map, but noticed he was coming back on. So I hookshotted Mario and threw him into Pikachu, resulting in both falling off the map.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 711