Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333604 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #225 on: August 14, 2011, 07:17:14 am »

. . . .any ways, I took down 2 zombie hulks and a necromancer in the space of 20 game minutes thanks to a combonation of caffiene, sugar, and a Saiga-12 shotgun.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 14, 2011, 07:22:14 am »

I was fighting Iraq after killing their leader (twice, quite actually) and eventually, I lost. You know what? The Soviet Union even though they were allied with Iraq decided to nuke them. I've never had someones ally nuke them before.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 14, 2011, 08:26:04 am »

Emitter array?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 14, 2011, 12:16:59 pm »

I was fighting Iraq after killing their leader (twice, quite actually) and eventually, I lost. You know what? The Soviet Union even though they were allied with Iraq decided to nuke them. I've never had someones ally nuke them before.
Game?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 14, 2011, 12:37:03 pm »

Shadow president, I believe.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 14, 2011, 06:07:16 pm »

Playing Dungeons and Dragons Online. Standing on one side of a very long bridge. Down to 17 health, no restoratives. Facing down six ogres and two trolls. I pull out my longbow, switch to flaming arrows hit my Manyshot feat, and start firing. Every pair of arrows, one of them criticals. I absolutely devastated them. Normally, it takes a minute or two of kiting per enemy if I want to use my bow, but these guys were all dead within half a minute. I was awed by my luck. The loot at the end of the quest? The god of all bows.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2011, 07:24:46 pm »

Rome Total War. I only got 3 Barbarian Mercenaries and 1 Equites. The Enemy has 1/2 stack of Warbands. They also have reinforcements coming. I hide my Mercenaries and use my Equites as bait. They take it and I zerg rush them with the Mercenaries. I take out their command unit with the Equites and cause a mass rout. And then I charge my mercs at the reinforcements. I use my Equites as a strike force, running down the routers as taking out the straggling units. I win.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2011, 10:41:43 pm »

Stumbled upon a monster zoo with my mushroom/fire wizzad.  Me, my summons, my tasty fungal buffs, and my burnination, versus about one hundred and fifteen monsters.  Distract with summons, avoiding enemies with mushroom-induced invisibility, setting things on fire, and one tentacle nuke arrow.  One hundred and thirteen dead badguys.  I think I leveled twice.

Also, my other character, a rogue on rogue difficulty (hard mode).  Started unarmed except for a (terrible) crossbow, ten terrible bolts, and ten okay poison-ampoule-bolts.  The starting room had one exit, and a crit-stat-boosting artifact ring.  Kinda neat.

The next room had an out-of-depth monster, that does TONS of damage.  Focus fire, and it dies - but the room was also full of regular monsters, and I'm kinda running out of ammo.  At the end of it, I have -no- ammo, OR weapon, and I was beat down to low health and out of healing.  Waiting to regenerate HP spawns monsters!  And I get 1 HP back every 14 turns, so it's slow at best.

End up finding this big hub room through the next door... where I find yet more monsters!  I spend some time trying to avoid them and grab some loot... and then I see it - over in the middle of the room, an iron breastplate!  Those have 3 armor - which can soak hits I take down to 0, if the damage is applicable.  Mine.  With VERY careful use of teleporters and traps, I manage to get enough XP to level up - and take Knightly Leap, an awesome ability that lets me teleport two tiles, and then one to the side, with only the price of a six turn cooldown.

Eventually, meet several more out-of-depths, make them stomp on traps and die, find tons of awesome stuff.  Eventually find an AMAZING crossbow.  It does like 10 damage, all total, whereas the one I started with/had before only did 1.

In short, I cleared out the whole first floor on Rogue, with a dude that had/still has almost no offensive capability or other special features beyond opening doors and jumping like a chess piece himself.  All my previous characters pretty much died within like five rooms on Rogue.  Felt good man.

[spoiler]Dungeons of Dredmor[/url]

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2011, 01:54:20 am »

I took over Canada, Mexico, and Greenland, but was locked out of Shadow President midway through my conquest of Russia. I had so many allies throughout the world and 5000 nukes, I was unstoppable.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2011, 10:34:35 am »

Fought at Ponyri. Took the first trench without difficulty. Called in artillery to take the second one, but I aimed them a bit short and ended up killing more of my guys than the enemy. Second barrage went much better, and allowed us to take it. Unfortunately, the fire mission kept coming, and killed even more of our guys. Trying to take the village, called in more artillery, and again aimed a bit short, even though I certainly killed more enemies that time.

Last artillery salvos were spot-on, allowing us to take the village while the bombardment pounded their reinforcements. We lost 70% of our reinforcements, they lost 71%. All in all, I believe I was personally responsible for about 75% of the total casualties on both sides of that battle.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2011, 10:43:16 am »

Woohoo! The wool isn't that big, the more important thing is that I finally found the damn monument. 8)

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 15, 2011, 11:50:40 am »

Forced my enemies into a situation where they destroyed the last of their own units by literally digging out the ground from under them.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #237 on: August 15, 2011, 03:19:48 pm »

Super Meat Boy, 100%! Oh yeah! And I have decided that the level Tunnel Blower in Cotton Alley is the hardest level in the game.
:shakes fist:

I only have 8 levels to go before I 100%. Oh well, if it's any consolation for myself, I have all my times as streamlined as possible. Cotton Alley (6 or 7 dark), and the 2 levels (lvl5 dark, and final boss) are all that remain for me.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 17, 2011, 03:57:56 am »

Killed a few red ants, ran into their colony, ate some of their food, and killed the red queen, thus winning the game.

Simant.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2011, 04:02:04 am »

I was on the verge of Iraq going to war on Kuwait. I sold some guns to rebels and then took over the country.

*Shadow President*
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 711