Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1329120 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2100 on: January 08, 2014, 03:08:27 pm »

So I finally was able to complete 'Caldridge Prison' without being detected and no kills.

I feel so accomplished that I did that :P

Now to finish the game like that hehe.

EDIT: And with no sword picked up until the sewers, so I technically wouldn't have a way to fight back even if I wanted to :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:20:50 pm by Iceblaster »

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2101 on: January 11, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »

So, here is A long ass brutal story of how A MEC soldier, and two rooks died, horribly, and how A badass dodged about 7 Plasma blasts.
((and lived through getting shot twice!))

It was A standard mission, really just stop those aliens from abducting humans!
I started by running down the street with Dan hall, The average colonel, and best there was, "hardcore" was his name, so far he had about 49 kills, fucked up A bunch o aliens, but was otherwise unnoteworthy((he was assault)) I had to put two rookies on my team because the sniper and A support was on psi testing((they failed :c)) I decided i'll be careful, Que me Running towards A meld signature.
    in there was... A sectoid mec and A sectoid commander, the mec shot the commander in the butt, causing him to flee and psi shield the Mech((this was my first time having that happen)) so que me aiming at the psy shielded mec, doing absolutely nothing! the mec responded by running up to my unnoteworthy assault class, the assault class promptly fired at him, braking his sheild, it responded by blasting the shit out of the poor assault, it fell unconscious, and shortly after bled out, but wait! there was A medic! how did the medic not patch the assault dude up?
   He was possesed by the commander, he shot at the colonel, but missed, the colonel psy panicked him, he ran away, both the mec and the medic shot at him, the mec hit, but the medic missed, and oh my A group of mutons came on, one very angry and red, My other assault class overwatch-shot at him, enraging him, almost at kill range, and thenmy heavy shot at him, then my other assault class shot at him, ending he.then the 3 stooge-mutons attack, barely killing the other assault class, mean while my mec is getting fucked up, it fires one last shot before it explodes the next turn, Colonel Hall was for sure almost dead, 11 health, but he gun and runs, goes up to the COmmander, blasts him in the FACE, killing both the mec and the commander.
   By then only Colonel Hall and Heavy Goldy locks was left, GOldy reloaded, went into the next room, and the three stooges, A sectoid, and two Mecs,, the sectroid ran, and psy sheilded one of the mecs, colonel hall replied by running up to scaredy sectoid by blasting him away, killing one of the mecs and the sectoid Goldy kills the reinforcements about to burst in((with her rocket launcher))and colonel hall starts blasting away at the 15 health mec, slowly whittling it down  while in the open, getting shot at, and somehow dodges the two blasts! Again blast to the mec! And you know what happened?
   the muton, having already pissed its pants, decides to throw a grenade, blowing my cover, and now colonel hall has 7 health!
Now he fires his shotgun, the mec has 2 health, then they both fire, At this point Goldy is about ready to save the day, She blasts one of the stooges that decided to run away when colonel hall went super-Saiyen.
COlonel hall blasts away the mech, the muton hit me for no less then 8 damage, and now hes bleeding out, Goldy locks comes in, blasts that fucks face off, and then we win.

So in short, we killed a shit ton of aliens, lost two rookies and Mec((the mec driver was a colonel, but we salvaged the thing and repaired)) Had colonel hall dodge a ton of plasma, and now I am really kinda fucked, now my tanking mec is gone((should of upgraded it to tier 3)) And now I have to worry about loosing, at this point south africa might stop funding us, but otherr wise no one else is being pissed

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:03 am »

Saw a black grouse flying over my camp. I decided to hell with it and throw a javelin at it. Even if I miss and the javelin goes far, far away, I figure, I can just make another javelin.

Direct hit to the chest, it drops dead instantly.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: January 14, 2014, 12:21:30 pm »

I was surrounded by bogeymen, who woke me up and promptly began wailing on me. I managed to stand up and get a few tiles away, and entered a martial trance. Standing in one spot, I decapitated them all as they surrounded me.

Not sure if martial trance is OP, or character is OP.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: January 14, 2014, 12:33:01 pm »

I start out playing a Fighter and realize that I picked the wrong skills, so I restart as Thief. Then I realize that Animal Ken is kinda useless and I should have taken Wizardry skill instead :/ But I guess all the puzzles are solvable with any character, so it's alright. I'm out in the forest and I die in my first bandit fight because I can't parry (no parry skill) or block (Thieves don't have a shield). What am I supposed to do? Much grinding later I realize I can dodge. Well shoot! My next bandit encounter isn't stellar, but the following one I hit my groove and down him in three hits without taking damage. Then I encounter a wolf and kill it with one quick stab! 30 second dance party.

The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: January 14, 2014, 01:35:24 pm »

I just beat the resident Legendary with my Magikarp.

Pokemon Black
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: January 14, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »

I just beat the resident Legendary with my Magikarp.

Pokemon Black
Wat.

What level was it?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: January 14, 2014, 02:27:24 pm »

50 or so,but I'd loaded 3 instakill moves onto it so it was kinda inevitable.
Sig! Onol

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: January 14, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »

50 or so,but I'd loaded 3 instakill moves onto it so it was kinda inevitable.
Ah.  That's...um...well, that's rather interesting, I suppose.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:29 pm »

Pure offense and potions up the arse win everything.
Sig! Onol

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: January 14, 2014, 03:07:31 pm »

Theodore Roosevelt took on three sectoids, they all somehow missing and kill them all.

Then got promoted to a heavy, in true Roosevelt fashion.

XCOM Enemy Unknown.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: January 14, 2014, 03:36:13 pm »

Theodore Roosevelt took on three sectoids, they all somehow missing and kill them all.

XCOM Enemy Unknown.
They didn't miss. They just don't dare hit Theodore Roosevelt.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: January 14, 2014, 03:48:38 pm »

XCOM Enemy Unknown.
They didn't miss. They just don't dare hit Theodore Roosevelt.

Well good news to you! He got five kills in two missions! That's more per mission than my longest living soldier.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: January 15, 2014, 12:03:03 pm »

I had just finished putting the finishing touches on my trap fence when I turn around to find something had already been caught in it.

It was a bear. A goddamn bear.

It took three javelins before finally passing out, then several stabs from a northern spear to the head before finally dying.

Promptly skinned, butchered, and a cut sacrificed using the Sacrifice for a Newly Killed Animal ritual.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: January 16, 2014, 01:59:33 pm »

Well, we went on our first terror mission and lost 3 rookies, one of whom may have been from friendly fire due to poor judgment on my part but nonetheless we completed our mission. It ended on a high note too, a firefight in the middle of a gas station between one recruit with an empty rifle, another recruit with a heavy cannon loaded with high explosive shells and a floater. Somehow neither of them died.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 711