Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333556 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2011, 10:00:32 pm »

One of my opponents threw a Siege Bomb, and I, with the two guys I was fighting(one of which was the thrower) ran hard. Despit running away, the blast hit me really hard(although for little damage), or the game bugged out. Taking advantage of the super slow-motion effect, I whirled around, hitting one enemy flail with my frost sword, and in the same swing smashed it with a frickin' big flail of my own.

Then I struck the other guy's hammer with my sword so hard, that he was disabled, and almost(might actualy have) died hitting the ground(hammer went flying). I went on to win the fight, although I just barely had to use a Rushid's Vial.

Slow-mo effect ending right when I smashed the first guy with a solid hit from my flail.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2011, 11:30:36 pm »

180 Mounted Crossbowmen (Me, as Milan) vs Khan's Guard, 120 Spear Militia, and ~300 Woodsmen (CPU, as Russians).
Not a single one of my men died. All of theirs did.
That wasn't the whole battle, but that was the best part. The Russian's last few guys were trapped in the fort (as in defensible location, not the structure type), and I decided to give my MC a try. Turns out they rape. Running circles around their infantry, and pulling back from the Khan's Guard, firing bolts all the time.
This was on the Very Hard difficulty.

Medieval II: Total War, Custom Battle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #182 on: July 29, 2011, 01:44:31 pm »

Fallout 3: Very first 3D Deathclaw encounter (played Fallout 1 and 2 before, beat FO1. I'm familiar with the danger level of these things), at character level 7. Though it was already wounded when I ran into it, and found a poor sap already killed by it, I successfully snuck up behind it and power-fist knocked off it's head. It came included (at least it came with the SOL adventurer dude) the schematics to make use of it's claw as a weapon. Got another one later at Rivet City, and manufactured my curb-stomping weapon of mass destruction.

Immediately after, I took on the Nuka-Cola challenge, and immediately KO'd numerous Nuka-Cola Protectrons and Nuka-lurks. Although near the end of the quest at the Nuka-Plant, I also ran past a pack of Nuka-lurks (approx. 4-6 of them; low on health, and really stingy with my 60+ stim-paks), and killed off one that was trailing me while I had less than 30HP into the next sector. Killed off the remaining Protectrons, and completed my goal there. I intend to return to finish off the remaining Nuka-lurks.

Sure, I drank plenty of cola and ate some radroach meat and such to heal, but no stim-paks.

I love my Deathclaw Gauntlet. ^_^

In my travels, I quickly took the face off of a super mutant (at least the blood covering the face looked like it) in about 3 hits. Mind you, still at level 7. And all this is with an optimized small arms ranged character, and they're thrashing many armored guys like their armor was made of warm butter.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 02:14:07 pm by Itnetlolor »

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2011, 04:15:42 pm »

Bonnie Mcfarlane was in a fist fight with a soldier at the top of the world. she punched out the soldier, who fell off of a cliff. as she looked at the corpse fall off, she replied. "You really are a strange man."

Fuck yeah.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 29, 2011, 06:56:18 pm »

Was in Steiner Colloseum in the Championship(Open class;no weight restrictions), thought it'd be funny to take my Commando(20-ton Light 'Mech) into the fray, as I ran around randomly shooting people, there were 2 atlases(100-ton 'Mech which can tear me apart in about 2 hits) and they were on other sides of the stadium, so I just ran around one and just fired my lasers till I took them, sadly the other Atlas was taken before I destroyed the one I attacked.

MW4 Mercs.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #185 on: July 29, 2011, 07:11:17 pm »

Killed two Frost Wyrms in Dawntide solo (one at a time, ofcourse) after everyone told me it was impossible, that a group of 3 got massacred before, and that I would need 20 people.

Nothin' to it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 29, 2011, 07:58:20 pm »

Aw, COOL! Somone here plays MW4!

I've gotta go to mektek.net and redownload that sometime... or dig out my disk, but why bother now? MS gave it to MekTek and they can distribute it for free! Everyone else, TRY IT! It is seriously fun, and Mektek keeps it patched.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 29, 2011, 08:11:46 pm »

I've gotta go to mektek.net and redownload that sometime... or dig out my disk, but why bother now? MS gave it to MekTek and they can distribute it for free! Everyone else, TRY IT! It is seriously fun, and Mektek keeps it patched.

Yeah, they have a .0030c patch out, but everytime I download the patch, my AV keeps saying it's a trojan and removes it, and even if I turn my AV off and I get the patch on without it deleting my .exe, I go into the MP lobby and it kicks me out THEN deletes the .exe, so now I'm stuck at .0029 for now.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #188 on: July 29, 2011, 10:22:38 pm »

You can't beat Mechwarrior for it's awesomeness, especially if you play on the PC (Sorry XBOX, but Mechassault didn't feel the same way). Ever take down a squad of titanic mechs as an Elemental battle suit? If you want to own big time, take these things down at roughly human-scale with a machine gun, SRMs, and a hand cannon if you can equip one. It is so satisfying taking down one of those behemoths when you come up to their ankles.

I did that kind of stuff regularly since Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries (WIN/DOS). I gotta reinstall that sometime.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 29, 2011, 11:02:51 pm »

Flew around on a large pink dragon, raining down fire and listening to her make disparaging comments about Humans. I got something like 1300 kills from that mission, my average is probably in the 300 area.

Drakengard. (Think Dynasty Warriors, made by Square Enix.)
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 29, 2011, 11:45:02 pm »

I tanked through a heavy as a medic.

Blutsauger is OP.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 29, 2011, 11:57:47 pm »

I tanked through a heavy as a medic.

Blutsauger is OP.

At long range, absolutely. Damage falloff and inaccuracy screws Heavies at range; Blut is fairly accurate and the heals ignore falloff.  ;)

My last ownage: Tropico 3, finishing a campaign mission with every faction and both superpowers at 100 respect, with ~60k in my Swiss bank. I seriously need to unlock some harder campaigns. Or play Sandbox. *cough* Rebel Yell *cough*  :o

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2011, 06:28:15 pm »

A single lucky shotgun blast took out my really important rocklet coming in from orbit. Of course, it was important because it was just a large, semi-guided artillery fragmentation shell. The shrapnel took out the engine of one of their dropships, which spiraled into my entrance chute, killing almost every enemy in it and blocking it off for a while, while also killing off much of their reinforcements.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2011, 07:41:42 pm »

Took down a gunship, which nearly fell on top of me. Luckily, I backed up, and in a Hollywood moment stepped off of a wooden beam and landed on the floor below. Not so much ownage, but it was awesome.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2011, 08:31:48 pm »

Took down a gunship, which nearly fell on top of me. Luckily, I backed up, and in a Hollywood moment stepped off of a wooden beam and landed on the floor below. Not so much ownage, but it was awesome.

I stopped playing that at the flashlight zombies part. Not one of my favourite gameplay mechanics :P
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 711