Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1328111 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1680 on: August 25, 2013, 01:20:30 pm »

SHUFFLE TIME
I chose the magician card (skill upgrade)

Megidola turns nto Megidolon(BIG FUCKING UNBLOCKABLE MAGIC ATTACK)

Another battle I choose the Magician again

Diahrahan turns into Mediahran(Full party healing

I fused my current Persona, Raphael with a Dis with Mindcharge and got a Lilith with almost 50ish magic.

I then kill 5 Opulence Hands(Metal Slimes) with Mindcharge+Megidolan

Persona 4 Golden
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 25, 2013, 03:02:39 pm »

I was randomly matched with someone who was streaming Divekick and proceeded to beat them up.  So satisfying.  And the video was saved on their twitch channel too.

Actually I only beat them 6/10, but from the way the other guy was talking you'd think I was undefeated...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 26, 2013, 10:32:18 am »

Master of Orion 1 , in a very funny way actually.

I was toying with the Hard difficulty playing with the Humans, at some point the Alkaris felt challenged by my planet colonizing  (as i was lucky to have several of them in my corner of space out of reach from the other races) and declared war on me to stop my unchecked progression.

The thing in MoO1 is that playing with the Hard difficulty, the AI can be very strong (and in Impossible they're really brutal), and despite i had more planets and had some fleet and many bases defending my frontier worlds, the Alkaris fleet showed up with 2 army of ships only made from the smallest hull.
And both had more than 300 units each !
The less i can say is that my troops were nowhere close to that number, so the Alkaris annihilated my own defenses, fleet and planetary bases  in absolutely no time, kicking my growing empire into oblivion in a few turns.

So after this devastating defeat i decided to give another try and change my starting strategy to see if i could prepare then better for those huge swarms of flying death.

And after only a few dozen of turns, it was clear that the growing power were the Silicoids, and again thanks to a good start i could get a few planets.
That early in the game, the Silicoids decided to declare war (at that point of the game they were the only race i met) , too early for them to have swarms of death, but in the same time too early for me to have planetary bases defenses on my frontier worlds that were just colonised, and my laughable small fleet wouldn't put much of a match.

And indeed, my frontier world closest to the Silicoids got attacked, my hopeless fleet wiped out, but fortunately the invaders had only a few ships and their planetary bombing only destroyed only 1 facility

But still the Silicoid invasion was happening way too soon for confort, it was only 49 turns into the game.
And it was time for yet another galactic council election (as usual, it occurs regularly and often through the course of the game) with me vs the Silicoid leader (apparently we were both on top in the amount of planet owned at that early point of the game)

To my surprise 2 of the 3 races i never met in that game yet decided to vote for me instead of logically abstain at that point :

a 49 turns victory in a Hard MoO1 game !
Never going to happen again i guess :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:36:14 am by Robsoie »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 26, 2013, 02:16:59 pm »

The training mission told me that I am in a circular orbit above Mun in a ship completely capable of landing on it before saying the next tutorial will tell me how to land.

Well I haven't even managed to successfully survive a landing on Kerbin yet, but what the hell, who needs a tutorial, challenge accepted.

Kerbal Space Program.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:26:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 26, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »

The training mission told me that I am in a circular orbit above Mun in a ship completely capable of landing on it.

Well I haven't even managed to successfully survive a landing on Kerbin yet, but what the hell, challenge accepted.

Kerbal Space Program.
How did you manage to mess it up this badly?
You decoupled the command module from the orbiting module rather than undocking the lander.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: August 26, 2013, 02:34:23 pm »

I hit the decouple button and nothing happened other than letting me activate the landing jets too, I figured it must be stuck somehow and decided to just bring it with me.  So I just let the thing on top run out of fuel (I spent most of it getting into a circular orbit anyway) and brought her down for a landing.  Unfortunately that landing was on the side of a mountain.

I remembered to activate the landing legs while tumbling down the mountain which resulted in a cool little flip and what I imagine was the orbiter getting flung off and exploding somewhere, and I reactivated the rockets to slow my decent again, though still landing sideways.

I then let Jeb out to plant a flag, and that screenshot is him chasing after the ship as it continued sliding downhill.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 02:38:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: August 26, 2013, 04:00:56 pm »

Decoupling is not done with staging. You have to right-click on the docking port.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: August 26, 2013, 05:21:20 pm »

Decoupling is not done with staging. You have to right-click on the docking port.
....Oh.   Guess that's what happens when the last time I played was when it was free and hitting space was just about the most complex thing you could do.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1688 on: August 27, 2013, 06:39:30 pm »

Gone ayla, Immediately got both main attacks, the gnaw was running in cowardess in the middle of the round by the entire enemy team, who were very wounded, but I charged it, and killed them all, getting A triple kill and awe by my entire team, I was so happy :3
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: August 30, 2013, 11:54:48 am »

Killed an omnicidal clown with a mostly-justified god-complex in about half a dozen turns. Double-Ultima with a primary spellcaster equipped with the Soul of Thamasa, plus two other spellcasters capable of doing maximum damage with the same spell, Kefka never had a chance.

Even better is the WTF face the Silicoid has.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: August 30, 2013, 01:16:22 pm »

Xcom: enemy unknown

Due to rushing for laser weapons and improved armour, I was trouncing the aliens with minimal deaths.

Of course, the aliens caught up with me, but by that point I was researching plasma weapons, so I started to trounce them again. Now I have plasma weapons and titan armour, and just need some more alien materials in order to give my squad full titan armour and plasma equipment. I also have a firestorm at each continent (barring South America. They left the Xcom project) with a plasma cannon on it.

The closest I have recently come to having a squad member die was when one of my guys was knocked into critical by a bad enemy reveal (got charged by a berserker, then shot to bits by two mutons). I'd run out of medikits, but managed to finish the mission in time to save her.

My past several missions haven't even given the enemy time to shoot at me, let alone actually injure my guys.
What difficulty?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: August 31, 2013, 12:04:13 pm »

After reading about the strategy on TVTropes, built several Correlian Gunships(which fire missiles). Turned out that ~10 Gunships will tear up anything the Imperials will have, period. One 16-minute match later, the enemy was beaten, and I only lost 2 mining bases, nothing else.

Tried the same above against the Seperatists. Another 16-minute match, I only lost 4 of the corvettes, due to the more dakka flying around. Fortunately, while attacking their station, my corvettes seemed to be using the station itself for cover from its weapons.

This same tactic, backed up by some Venator Star Cruisers and Victory IIs, has shown significant success in Galactic Conquest. Even fighter swarms coming from battles against their carriers are stopped dead. If only they'd stop launching surpise attacks on worlds they cannot legally reach.

Also managed to hold off an attack on Dathomir, consisting of one unit each of crab droids(2 droids total) and movile artillery(three of them), and multiple squads of Super Battledroids with just two squads of Clone Troopers plus the respawning ones from the barracks. Normally, the artillery would utterly destroy that, but not this time.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: August 31, 2013, 12:31:27 pm »

Yeah, the missiles outrange everything, bypass shields and deal pretty good hull damage. The AI usually isn't good at defeating them.

There are worse balancing errors in the game though.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »

I was Janitor Xemo, the lizardwoman. I start off, as traitor. I go steal the Double Barrel shotgun real fast, then get a syndikit, the camouflage kit. Useless when you have a FUCKING BRIGHT GREEN TAIL. So I get the QM to give me a circular saw, and I cut down the shotgun. Then I go to engineering, where some guy crits himself with his own e-sword. I get in, and take his e-sword in front of three people, sleight-of-hand style. Then I get his emag and Captain's Spare ID. So I mug the Head of Security's corpse, and find nothing of value.

I go loot the armory, and go to Cloning, where they are cloning the Head of Security. I emag the cloning pod, and slash her semi-cloned body a couple times, then stun most of the crew, and take the Head of Personnel hostage. As I'm doing so, she says, "HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS?!" Up until this round, Xemo had never been robust or badass in any way, and was quite the opposite. Suddenly, huge character dissonance. It is far more disturbing to see a nice, polite, well mannered, helpful janitor suddenly turn into a raging engine of destruction than it is to see a soldier do so.

I go to security, and load up on the Ablative vest and other such things. Then, I stun three crewman that get in, and kill the one with a stun baton. The RD I throw in Interrogation, and the Virologist pulls a syringe gun on me, so I kill her too. Then the RD runs at me with a flash, and I kill him also with my sword. Then, as I'm boarding the pod, the HoS and I have a little firefight, and I finally stun the HoS thanks to my Riot Helmet, Shield, and Ablative vest. Then I cuff her and put her on the pod, warning her not to fight the restraints. She does so, so I cut her into critical with my e-sword and toss her into space. This whole time, I keep the Head of Personnel hostage.

I win the round, getting all my objectives complete, and also totally tripping a few people out with the whole character personality switch. The whole time, I kept speaking like Xemo, "Xemo no wants to fights you. Ple-ayse do not fights Xemo, Xemo has killeded three peoples already."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: August 31, 2013, 09:06:00 pm »

I was Janitor Xemo, the lizardwoman. I start off, as traitor. I go steal the Double Barrel shotgun real fast, then get a syndikit, the camouflage kit. Useless when you have a FUCKING BRIGHT GREEN TAIL. So I get the QM to give me a circular saw, and I cut down the shotgun. Then I go to engineering, where some guy crits himself with his own e-sword. I get in, and take his e-sword in front of three people, sleight-of-hand style. Then I get his emag and Captain's Spare ID. So I mug the Head of Security's corpse, and find nothing of value.

I go loot the armory, and go to Cloning, where they are cloning the Head of Security. I emag the cloning pod, and slash her semi-cloned body a couple times, then stun most of the crew, and take the Head of Personnel hostage. As I'm doing so, she says, "HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS?!" Up until this round, Xemo had never been robust or badass in any way, and was quite the opposite. Suddenly, huge character dissonance. It is far more disturbing to see a nice, polite, well mannered, helpful janitor suddenly turn into a raging engine of destruction than it is to see a soldier do so.

I go to security, and load up on the Ablative vest and other such things. Then, I stun three crewman that get in, and kill the one with a stun baton. The RD I throw in Interrogation, and the Virologist pulls a syringe gun on me, so I kill her too. Then the RD runs at me with a flash, and I kill him also with my sword. Then, as I'm boarding the pod, the HoS and I have a little firefight, and I finally stun the HoS thanks to my Riot Helmet, Shield, and Ablative vest. Then I cuff her and put her on the pod, warning her not to fight the restraints. She does so, so I cut her into critical with my e-sword and toss her into space. This whole time, I keep the Head of Personnel hostage.

I win the round, getting all my objectives complete, and also totally tripping a few people out with the whole character personality switch. The whole time, I kept speaking like Xemo, "Xemo no wants to fights you. Ple-ayse do not fights Xemo, Xemo has killeded three peoples already."

Hans!Xemo stronk.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 711