Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1333557 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2011, 06:36:19 pm »

A couple hours ago, I was playing on level 2 in Dungeons of Dredmor the first time. 3rd room is a monster zoo, never saw that much, and i fought so hard. But I survived the first try. my greatest advantage was that I found one of those artifact islands that I could knights move onto so only had to melee bats and Genies for the most part. I did have to retreat from there when I ran low on hp so I knights moved off of it and then did a random teleport and landed on the other side of a wall. It gave me enough time to eat, drink, regen enough life and mana so that I could summon mr Mustache and still have a mostly full manapool by the time the monsters found us. I ended up going through nearly all my food and alcohol, but I defeated them all and won.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 21, 2011, 06:43:46 pm »

Made a zombie almost kill itself to reach my by falling through several pits. By the time it got to me, it was so broken it barely move. It looked at me, almost begging me not to finish it off. I lift my M1911, press it to its forehead, and pull the trigger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2011, 02:58:24 am »

Just got ambushed by a germanian force in R:TW.

My force was about five or six light cavalry.

Germanian forces, if you don't know, are mainly made up of spear warbands, which can make phalanxes. Light cavalry, surprisingly enough, are not made for breaking phalanxes.

Enemy force was twice my size.

Now, it happened to take place on a river. Germans started to cross, breaking up phalanx. I charged my forces at them, starting a meat grinder. Losses on both sides were about the same, the germans having had some light infantry for me to massacre before I hit spearmen.

They seemed to be beating my cavalry, when the enemy general died. All of a sudden, the ENTIRE german force broke and ran. Not a single survivor of theirs. One unit got 669 kills.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »

I was playing Dungeons of Dredmor.

Opened a zoo with very low mana, 3 unliving walls and 3 fireballs later half the zoo is gone and I have full mana. I actually had to wait for them to come towards me before casting again. It was kindof a letdown after the epic strike and retreat and making use of terrain I needed to clear the last zoo.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2011, 04:39:37 pm »

Played R.E.T.A.R.D.S. Onslaught on Nuts!, challenging myself to only use The Red Legion. Used the maginot mission map because I didn't feel like wasting money.

One and a half hours later I'm down to my last man, a heavy close quarters enforcer, holding off several prime drones with an automatic shotguns.

He destroyed well over thirty of the damned things before he went down.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2011, 04:52:10 pm »

ARMA 2 Platoon-wide practice. TvT with the platoon staff and some volunteers vs the green troopers of our heavy weapons sections. Focus on static defense turrets for training purposes. My section was assigned the TOW launchers on overwatch (primarily so we could use our thermals to watch the valleys around Nagara, secondarily to actually blow stuff up). Lieutenant in charge of the platoon on terrorist side decides to mess with the rules a bit and brought in a Hind with rocket pods. Managed to fire a TOW fairly quickly and direct it into his armor forcing him into a mountainside. Felt good :D

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 23, 2011, 01:03:09 am »

(Rome:Total War, Barbarian Invasion Expansion.)

I was the Franks, and the Vandal horde had arrived. They had quickly attacked one of my cities, which had only a meager three Levy Spearmen units and one Sword Herbann unit. I had placed the Herbann on top of my walls, and had the levy spear men form a shield wall as a group near the gateway, for all they had was a siege tower, and a ram(That got totally annihilated after a few flaming arrows from my stone walls). The siege tower had ripped up half of my sword herbann units from arty fire, and the swordsmen were gutted like fish by the Vandal Chosen Swordsmen. I pulled one of the levy spear men up to the walls, to try to delay the swordsmen from flanking my shield wall. Though, to my sheer delight, the Vandal force was mostly comprised of lancers, who had charged my meager spear men, and got ground into a fine powder as a result, destroying nearly all of the vandal force while still leaving my two spear men units! The Chosen swordsmen were stabbed to death, mostly because the sword herbann went out fighting, and the horde spear men the Vandals sent up to recapture the walls had half the attack my seasoned spear men had, getting further stabbed a-plenty. This was all the infantry the Vandals had, so the gates closed, and I won.

This wouldn't be surprising, but it was absolutely pathetic, the Vandals had twice my man power, probably more than that in killing power, and they left with far less, because my lame town garrison had dropped 2 of them for every one casualty of theirs(Which on the scale the battles are, that's quite devastating). Even worse, the Vandal hordes had only managed to nab one city from me(and I had already sent in a massive army to take it back, so they wouldn't continue), and in order to recruit that kind of army back, they would have to spend years.
Hello Hunam

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 23, 2011, 02:13:37 am »

I pretty much singlehandedly threw Japan into a massive civil war. Oops.

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2011, 04:59:24 am »

After being attacked by primitive warboats several times, I decided it was time to show my enemy that my advanced civ does NOT fuck around. Upon reaching my enemies island, I was under heavy fire from towers. Several boats were destroyed before the people could get out of them. My small army emerged on the side of their beach. The towers were busy attacking the war boats, so they came under no fire from them. Upon entering my enemies city, I was rushed by many rock throwers and clubmen. My military was vastly outnumbered. However, they managed to kill every last one of them. They then turned their attention to the civillians and killed them. They destroyed a few buildings and then they were all shot down by the guard towers. Still, they managed to disable almost all of my enemies defences.

[EDIT] My enemy just launched counter attacks. Most of my army is dead. I realised where all of the soldier on my island are coming from. There's an enemy baracks on my island

[EDIT] Pretty much all of my enemies army attacked me on my island. I just launched a counter attack and killed 80% of my enemies forces.

[EDIT] I wiped every trace of my enemy off of the planet. Yay!

Game?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2011, 05:01:39 am »

After being attacked by primitive warboats several times, I decided it was time to show my enemy that my advanced civ does NOT fuck around. Upon reaching my enemies island, I was under heavy fire from towers. Several boats were destroyed before the people could get out of them. My small army emerged on the side of their beach. The towers were busy attacking the war boats, so they came under no fire from them. Upon entering my enemies city, I was rushed by many rock throwers and clubmen. My military was vastly outnumbered. However, they managed to kill every last one of them. They then turned their attention to the civillians and killed them. They destroyed a few buildings and then they were all shot down by the guard towers. Still, they managed to disable almost all of my enemies defences.

[EDIT] My enemy just launched counter attacks. Most of my army is dead. I realised where all of the soldier on my island are coming from. There's an enemy baracks on my island

[EDIT] Pretty much all of my enemies army attacked me on my island. I just launched a counter attack and killed 80% of my enemies forces.

Game?
Empire Earth 1. It's a great RTS. It's hard to find a copy of it, though.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:10:53 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 23, 2011, 05:05:39 am »

Yeah, it really is.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 23, 2011, 08:48:03 am »

I cut off someone's head with a shovel, pissed NAPALM on it and proceeded to kick it into someone who then ran into someone else, causing a massive chain fire.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 23, 2011, 08:50:13 am »

Game?
Empire Earth 1. It's a great RTS. It's hard to find a copy of it, though.

Yeah, I love that game.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 24, 2011, 01:35:36 pm »

Took on several battleships, battlecruisers, destroyers, etc, with just 10 fighter squads, two Vortex ships, the Mothership, and a jump-happy space station. Granted, I only won because I dropped several nukes on their Mothership. Also learned that capturing debris(and, I found out, you have to self-destruct them, too) can give batshit insane amounts of RUs, for a short time.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2011, 03:02:11 am »

I don't quite remember how I last owned (probably baseball, online, shutting someone out) but I do remember how I owned online in GTA4 on the PS3.

Can't remember the name of the mode, but basically there are two teams, cops and mafia. Cops trying to kill mafia boss, mafia protecting the boss so he can escape. I was in the cops team for this one and I believe there were 4 people on each side in this particular game. Long story short, the mafia team swam or boated it over to their escape area, which was a long, long way away from where the cop team started. I got out the car as the driver was a d-bag, got into a lime green sports car, and did some perfect driving through (albeit thin) traffic, to the area I thought they were going. Luck was with me, I arrived just as they were taking off in the helichopper, and shot them down.

I was much pleased.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 711