Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331798 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1485 on: July 06, 2013, 11:12:08 am »

Beat the game on Pro Mode for the first time.

Result:
Hit Ratio:   78%
Enemies Killed:   904
Number of times killed:   79
Clear Time:   27:14'58''

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
How many of those deaths were instakills?

Meanwhile, on the Wii version of that same game, I spent an entire new game + round stockpiling all the shotgun shells the game has to offer. Total count: 396. Now to use them on everything.
Do note that the game increases the ammo drop rate for guns you use more often. So if you go through the game using all that shotgun ammo... well, enjoy your shotgun, you will have a long relationship with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: July 06, 2013, 01:48:17 pm »

A filled Destruction perk tree is pretty powerful. Pouring a lot of level-ups into Magica makes it more powerful. Casting Fire Storm 4 times in a row without depleting Magicka is too powerful for Ancient Dragons. Or anything, for that matter.

And they say mages are weak and squishy.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: July 06, 2013, 02:07:48 pm »

My medical dwarves began medicaling all the problems that my dwarves have acquired.  I might as well abandon the fortress now, because it's all downhill from here.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: July 06, 2013, 02:27:20 pm »

Wait what, dwarves doctors are actually healing people ?

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: July 06, 2013, 05:40:42 pm »

I said medicine, not healing.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: July 06, 2013, 06:58:49 pm »

That's reassuring, I thought doctors were helping people.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: July 06, 2013, 09:14:54 pm »

I have a little story for everyone, it's called Yajirobe is secretly the strongest fucking fighter in DBZ

So me and a friend are running random fights on random maps. We pick up ruined earth, he gets Super Buu, I get... Yajirobe. "FUCK!" I yell, overshadowing my friend's triumphant cry because I already know i'm sooooo fuuuucked.

The battle proceeds as expected. I try to keep up by launching him far away and sword-blasting his ass whenever he gets close, but he just doesn't stop kicking the shit out of me. Nearing death and in need of a quick ki boost, I look through the move list to see what buff specials I have, and I see two entries:

- Pump Up (2)
- Senzu (5)

For those not in the know, Senzu is short for Senzu Beans, AKA the beans that heal all damage done no matter the circumstance. The tradeoff here is that it's supposed to drain all your ki, but when the moves that normally use ki (Ki blasts, super moves, combo filler) are completely useless, you find yourself with a large reserve.

So I keep healing. And healing. And healing. And healing...

Super Buu may have incredible power, but Yajirobe is like the great mountain: he cannot attack, but his stamina is endless, and eventually he will win.

After winning, Yajirobe shouted a triumphant call of "theht's waht you geht foar dishturbehn mah meahl!"

That day, we both agreed that, aside from SSJ4 Gogeta, Yajirobe was the most broken fighter in DBZ.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: July 07, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »

I *guess* this counts of ownage...

Devotees of the alynx(fantasy cat) god came to my clan and offered to perform a ritual that would make the clan alynxes more efficient at hunting vermin. I offered them some of our kittens as payment for the ritual. The leader of the cult took one look at them and, with tears in his eyes, essentially declared that my kittens were too adorable to take away from us and decided to perform the ritual for free.

Shortly afterward, I utterly decimated a raid from a nearby clan - one fyrd wound on my side, multiple weaponthane deaths on theirs. I doubt the two events are related, but this is more of a traditional ownage.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28:17 am »

Survived a whole round as a cardboad cow spamming the voice command "hit charge" with several other players, a bush and a bucket. We were hiding in a tree.

the map echoed with the beautiful music of scouts shouting "do it doc do it cmon doc do it hit it doc do it doc hit it doc--" endlessly.

Truly, a beautiful moment.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: July 08, 2013, 03:33:54 pm »

So, did I beat the competition?

Doomsday is a Fantasy Action/RPG MMO, has been running for ~20 years and should still be running on the custom console Shizzle Fizzle from ~20 years back. It originally used the Blam 6.0 engine but has moved on to use the newer Blam 9000 engine through milking expansions.
Steam Scalies is a Cyberpunk (and more) RPG/Action MMO, has been running for ~5 years and runs on the current Shizzle Dizzle console with the Blam 9000 engine.
Shizzle Fizzle sold roughly ~100 million units and was discontinued ~10 years ago.

Conclusion:
  • On average, 521 units of Doomsday has been played on a Shizzle Fizzle, indicating a very prolific second hand market for the Shizzle Fizzle considering the game is pretty much provided by Grid.
  • The profits and losses of Steam Scalies are pretty much pocket money.
  • We've probably colonized spaced and met aliens with a hunger for video games.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:37:41 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: July 08, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »

wow.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1496 on: July 08, 2013, 09:14:50 pm »

Rammed tiny frigite into A capital ship, only htree ships left, and hte capital ship whould have destroyed the other bigger slower ships of mine,I self destructed, blowint it up when its sheild was about ot charge up, making it invinceable, but me blowing up destroyed it. Also in the chian reaction killed three or four ships.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1497 on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:05 pm »

Got two brand new pistols on the same level. Dual-wielding, FTW.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: July 08, 2013, 10:23:27 pm »

I'm the furthest down in the dungeon I've ever been. I kill a few wandering monsters after walking down the stairs, open a door, and come face-to-face with a 90+ Monster Zoo. I fire off my very last Bolt of Squid.

HAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYHAYWIRE (interspersed with the sounds of monsters dying)

Music to my ears :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: July 09, 2013, 04:16:57 am »

I got to the second to last floor, on my first playthrough, largely unspoiled.  Not bad for a rougelikelike.

I found a Deck of Cards really early on, which I clung to the entire game despite other options, as well as a "Magneto".  Given that those two things were constantly handing me items the entire game, I assume I was pretty lucky.  I permanently traded one of my life (which is an awesome mechanic) for a new projectile called "spectral tears", that also made my face look like I was dead.  My character looked like a freak of nature by the end, as I had a still beating heart hanging out of my chest.

The last room before the boss, I met three zombies that revived from meat chunks when I killed them.  I'd met something like that before but these were so fast I could barely keep up with them, and they kept sliding after I downed them.  I ran from the fight using the "Stairway" card, but there was no other way to advance.  I permakilled one and then died myself.

"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 711