Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1331128 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1125 on: February 01, 2013, 09:34:03 pm »

Hmm? Do you mean AI? It's AI.

Are you referring to how I said 'computer'? Yeah, I know the AI is AI. :P I only said computer because I assumed an AI was inside some sort of computing device. As they generally are. :P
IIRC, the 'computing device' is a brain.

I don't know. AFAIK, the AI can be put on an intellicard to evacuate it from the station, no MMI needed. I'm fairly sure, at least in TGStations, that the AI is a machine.

Oh snap. I owned today, even in death.

I was Head of Security Zackary Fryer. Like a fucking boss, cultists ruining the whole station. I got jumped and robbed for my ID card and my gun, but survived. Wandering the station with the CE, Warden, and a few hangers-on, we got to Sec and got locked in. I escape through the maintenence tunnels, down into Escape hallway. I touch a door and get zapped. Fuck me. A borg covered in blood rolls up. This is the conversation:
"Fuck. Let me die fighting at least, borg. At least give me that."
-Silence-
"Or are you on my side?"
"That depends. Do you believe in something, Head of Security Fryer?"
"I believe in... *Flashes borg* LAW." Then I escaped. Made me feel awesome.

SS13
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:46:19 am by Hanslanda »
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 02, 2013, 01:09:41 pm »

Spoiler: Do you wants a muffin? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 02, 2013, 02:09:15 pm »

Lat night, I probably had my most fun round.

Ever.

Started out as changeling staff assistant. Ran around for a bit before i went to the shuttle and nabbed a QM with a stealthy sting. Dragged him into the maintenance tunnels while trying to deflect suspicion.

Now, I want you to imagine this. This is my first round as changeling, so I have the guide to changeling on the goon wiki up with the game in the background. I hear a door opening, and wanting to be safe I clicked back to the game.

To find another man staring at me.

We had an intense staring contest. Must've lasted for around five seconds. I kept thinking of escape strategies, maybe just spit acid on him then neuro sting and run.

Then he says "Mind if I join you?" and starts sucking some chump's blood.

The rest of the round i had free reign of the station while my vampire buddy ran interference by doing crazy flashy shit and had the entire station convinced that the round was on vampire. I managed to absorb around five people and was planning on getting a High Value Target like the HoP before the server crashed. It's still, in my mind, one of the best rounds i've ever had.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 02, 2013, 09:29:47 pm »

-snip-
Nice, sound like a very good first changeling round

Just finshed "No time to explain" in 1 1/2 hours on my first game and that ending...

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 03, 2013, 01:02:23 am »

Haven't been able to do this before, but...

Running around dodging the fists of dozens of zombies in Town, I gather about 1.5k points. I decide to hit up the Box, and it decides to give me a really good Light Machine Gun. I the proceed to use said LMG to rack up enough points to grab a full set of incredibly helpful perks (most notably health-up and speed-reload perks) and a submachine gun off the wall.

After killing enough of the blue-eyed flesh-eaters, I find out I have ~6000 points. I walk into the abandoned pub to buy the Galvaknuckles off the wall. I can insta-kill in melee for longer now!

Perforating the hordes more extensively, I amass ~7k--enough to upgrade a gun. I hop into the lava, drop my LMG into the upgrade machine, hop out, wait a few seconds, hop back in, and bask in the glory of my second Pack-A-Punched gun. Killing another reasonably-sized horde, I can spend enough to upgrade my SMG. I do so, and use that for a fair amount of time; I like my upgraded guns!!

I died rather quickly, at round 13, but I've never been that successful before.

Spoiler: Perk Info (click to show/hide)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:18 am »

I'm heading towards my patrol area at AM17, and I encounter two merchant ships next to each other.  I emerge about 1km south of them, and rapidly close, taking one out of the picture almost immidiatly.  The other one slowly sinks, starts to look like the Titanic, and then an ammunition bunker, or something, detonated, and the whole ship blew apart.   I then continue on with my patrol, going around the Emerald Isles, and I get a radio message about a nearby convoy.  I do some math and plot an intercept course, which puts me right at a 90 degree angle with their heading, in a major storm at night.  The convoy had at least four destoryers, which were spaced around the convoy, and seven or so merchant ships.  I then do some more math, come up with a second intercept course, and submerge to thirty fleet, and go ahead at full.  After a set amount of minutes, I surface right in the middle of the convoy, with two cargo ships right in front of me, a passenger liner right behind me, and a tanker to my right.  I quickly fire two torpedoes each at the cargo ships, fire my aft torp at the passenger liner, and submerged for two minutes.  I then resurface to find one of the ships destoryed, and I fire off my last three torpedoes at the tanker and cargo ship, destorying the tanker.  I then returned to base and was awarded a medal.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 03, 2013, 06:57:16 am »

Now I'm sad that I can't run Silent Hunter 3; something to do with Win7 64 bit.
*grumbles*
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 03, 2013, 07:44:11 pm »

Flying in my IL-2 with a full complement of 8 RS-132 rockets and 4 100kg bombs, I decide to target a destroyer. I know form experience that if I aim carefully, I can sink it in one pass.

I fly up to an altitude of about 5000 to avoid the enemy fighters, then dive when I move over the fleet. As soon as I get close enough, I drop all my bombs, fire off all my missiles and load a few dozen cannon rounds into the thing.

Unfortunately, some of the missiles missed and cannons can't make up for their damage, so the ship remains. As I try to pull up, a Hurricane comes up behind me and shreds my left wing, pulling it clear off the fuselage of my plane. I spin out of control and crash into the destroyer, sinking it. As it happens, that was the only enemy destroyer remaining and my death wins the game for our team.

Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 06, 2013, 05:05:28 am »

I managed to win Reelism, despite having two hell knight/baron slots flipped during the last stages. The imp tank was surprisingly easy, due to infighting with barons.

99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 06, 2013, 06:09:32 am »

Managed to stabilise a fort wide tantrum spiral.

I only lost 130 dwarves, including Scriver, Adwarf, Tiruin and others.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 06, 2013, 07:15:25 pm »

Was playing in my Covenanter, spawned on westfield on normal. I climb the leftside hill over by the bridge, and along with the others on their flank, repel and destroy the few tanks going that way. Now, at this moment, our flank in the center village evaporates, so the rest all fall back to protect base, but I decide to help by going on an arty hunt. Clinging to the hills, I manage to sneak into their opposing base, take out the m5a1 that spotted and chased me (the bofors is pretty awesome, being clip-based and all, though it helped he was only at half health), and hen proceed to destroy the m37 and bison raining shells down on our defenders(shotgunning a light tank can be really hard!). I complete my ownage by being the only guy in the enemy cap zone, grabbing me invader!

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 07, 2013, 08:16:57 am »

After a long battle and many tries, luck shined on me and I killed player two.
Expected to fall off the arena three times on the course of the battle. but I did it, I burned that haxoring bastard to death

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 12, 2013, 01:49:21 pm »

Spoiler: Post-Astro (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: End-game (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 12, 2013, 05:46:36 pm »

Was running down the side of a mountain under massive Sniper and Mg fire then comes a heli buzzing me I feeld down prone and fired a shot from my rifle, I got a double head shot at around 200 meters causing it to crash into the side of a building kill two more. then later in the same match shot a pilot out of his heli again and landed flat enough so we could capture it.

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 12, 2013, 05:56:36 pm »

Having my best cataclysm game ever.  Just hit Summer day 1.  While I've lasted longer once before, this character is far better equipped than that one ever was.  Enough guns and ammo to arm a micronation, An entire tile capacity's worth of mutagen and purifier, 6 chunks of royal jelly, a nearby bee's nest that can easily be raided for honey in case of a food emergency, a small lake nearby for water to be purified, a custom built garage for my 'Battletrike' Which is a heavily armed large wheel 2.5L tricycle.  Covered in blades and spiked plating. and a whole bunch of convenient mutations and Bionics.

Mutations:
Full Night vision, Infravision, Smart, Spots, Light Sensitive, Deformed, Beak

Bionics:
Solar Panels, Ethanol Burner, Internal Furnace, Integrated Toolset, Internal Storage, Air Filtration System, Alloy Plating-Torso, Diamond Cornea, Targeting System.

And a Savage 111F++++ (Gyroscopic Stabilizer, Silencer, M203, Sniper Conversion)

I am a Nocturnal Dark Angel of Zombie Death.   I could be a marvel superhero.
I just headshot a squirrel from 2 map tiles away.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:11:20 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 711