Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330369 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10365 on: November 25, 2022, 04:44:11 pm »

Maybe they remember that a few years before i made them drink bottles of acid so they decided to just say no to anything coming out of my winery :D

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: November 28, 2022, 04:14:11 pm »

Through sheer force of luck will, I managed to complete a level of 40k:Mechanicus without increasing the awakening level at all. Awakening is a timer that counts up as you do more stuff. But my characters all move quickly (+3 move, +3 hp legs), and 3 fights each with a few scan points (destroying them, even after scanning, lowers awakening by 2/5, and only whole numbers count against you at the end of the mission).

I think I'm getting decent at this game. I just can't manage enough cognition to use the big guns much, so I'm running the 0-cognition gun from the start, a volkite blaster, the best axe, and some of the healing or poking additions you can get for your extra arms.

Managing cognition is definitely the key to the game, but once you get it down the game unfortunately becomes pretty easy.  It's been a while since I've played so I'm trying to remember what kind of loadout I had at the end, but I'm pretty sure I kept a few low or zero cognition weapons as backups even when I was using plasma culverins and robots.  Those weapons are good for making sure the necrons don't get back up without having to waste cognition.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: December 09, 2022, 01:35:27 am »

Assassinating the Assassin.  :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: December 12, 2022, 07:49:09 am »

Took several tries, but I was able to kill Mold-1. That's been the hardest fight of the game so far.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: December 13, 2022, 06:38:09 pm »

Took out a whole three man squad, not only on my own, but without them landing a single shot on me in turn. I also fucked up a lot of bots, but in the end I wound up being overwhelmed by a ceaseless stream of them in heavy armour.

I also experienced what I'll call my "World War I" moment. Dropped deployable cover, whipped out an LMG, and proceeded to burn the entire magazine in a non-stop spray at an advancing swarm of enemies.

Warzone II: DMZ
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: December 14, 2022, 01:25:41 am »

Taking a three-man, solo, without getting hit is one heck of an achievement, bravo. And yeah, the tier three AI are a nightmare. They're just unrepentant bullet sponges.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: December 14, 2022, 02:10:23 pm »

Honestly to an extent it was luck. I managed to get the drop on the three of them one-by-one. First ran past me and I shotgunned him. He ran around a corner and I chased, he turned around but before he could fire I caught up and pumped a round into his face. Second was slowly approaching the building the first guy ran through but I'd gone around the side and LMGed him to death, then I figured there'd be a third sneaking around in all likelihood, so I went through a different building and came out onto a road where they were crouching along a concrete barrier. I spotted him just before he spotted me which gave me time to fall back into cover just as he started spraying, then I poked my head out and LMGed him to death too.

Makes up for the round earlier in the day where I killed a guy, knew where the second one was and lobbed a grenade at them and, before the grenade detonated, advanced. For some reason I thought "It's my grenade, it won't hurt me!" and blew myself up without even remotely hurting them.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: December 14, 2022, 02:37:05 pm »

tyranny of the freespawn have slain the very hard custom map

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: December 14, 2022, 02:44:13 pm »

I main Eudora because magick.

Everyone else killing eachother endlessly.

I worm my way to the enemy nexus and others join me in the last second, and before the other team can do anything about it, we destroy their nexus and win.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: December 14, 2022, 04:20:00 pm »

Inadvertently went after the fifth Gym Leader as my fourth gym. Naturally, it was a significantly harder fight. Not helping was the fact that Facade hits hard even without its boosted effect*. Or that my Primeape is horribly built. Fun fact, Cross Chop having an accuracy rating of 80% means it only hits 20% of the time.

Eventually grinded him down.

Now I'm in the middle of curbstomping the vastly out-leveled fourth Gym Leader, who is probably one of the most irritating characters in the franchise and oh god what is wrong with her teeth?!

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: December 15, 2022, 03:34:46 pm »

Seems weird to describe the new pokes game as open world; like sure unlike previous games there's no broken bridges or HMs to roadblock you but you'll invariably end up somewhere you're not the right level for, and type advantage only helps you punch up maybe 5 levels.

I do find this gen fun tho.  Early game isn't a total slog, almost no tutorialing and the first couple routes actually offer a variety of stuff to catch.

Hatchetman mechs released recently.  A light but sluggish medium mech, supposed to have a melee axe ability but melee isn't in this game.  There's a funny variant that swaps the right hand for a cluster of seven(!) Laser hardpoints, which people wrote off as that arm will just get shot off, as other than that it has only a single missile slot as backup.

Ran mine with an mrm 20 missile launcher, plus a cluster of six small lasers.  Managed to top score/damage in the second match with it, though it's probably all luck and nobody learned to focus its arm yet.

Got in a good spot to core out assault mechs with the mini lasers without them focusing me too much.  700ish damage with 2 kill-most-damage-dealt.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10376 on: December 15, 2022, 04:13:55 pm »

There's like 5 hours left on a really nice Heat Signature daily run.  Notable because it's "harm as few people as possible" and starts you with an AP shotgun as your only weapon, but many people are acing it.

IIRC you start with a self-charging crashbeam, and the first ship has a rechargeable cloak.  And a 5x speed boost, which presumably is how some maniac completed the challenge in like 1:10 a couple hours after launch last night.

Anyway I beat it handily.  Crash the telepad on the first ship if you like, but it hardly matters.  As always for dailies: Buy nothing, loot everything!

Edit: The crashbeam helps a lot on the first ship to crash the guards with glitchpacks.  They're such a pain on "harm no-one" and "no alarm" missions.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 04:17:04 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: December 17, 2022, 12:33:10 pm »

No rifle, no revolver. Managed to find a bow and single arrow though, and several redundant hatchets and knives. With these tools, I've slaughtered a surprising number of wolves and deer.

The Long Dark

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: December 19, 2022, 07:19:34 pm »

Murdered another three-man squad soloing.

They attempted to ambush me on exfil. I downed two of them with by surprise but the last teammate then downed me in turn as I dived for the copter. However, I'd been storing self-revives and revive pistols. The guy had presumably thought "They're down, all is good" and went to revive his teammate. I revived myself and boarded the helicopter. It took off before they realised it, I reloaded and shot at them while I was in the sky. The two of them were around the second guy I'd downed, and none of them had armour so the shots shredded the three of them in moments.

That's what you get for trying to ambush me at the exfil site.

Had a similar incident where someone else boarded my heli, but I was lagging so badly that they got one shot in me before the game caught up and realised I'd dumped a full magazine into them.

Warzone II: DMZ

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: December 20, 2022, 04:51:44 pm »

Once again, by blindly taking the advice of the Pokemon Center nurse, I ended up at a gym that was about 8 levels above mine. But it was also the Ice-type Gym, which at least half my team is geared to counter. Nobody fainted, though Pawmot only stayed up due to an affection bonus letting him survive a knockout blow. MVP goes to Tinkaton, who, despite being the lowest level of the party, one-shotted both Grusha's first and last Pokemon, the latter being an Ice-Tera Altaria, which was hit by a Gigaton Hammer boosted by a Steel-Tera*. The rest of his team took two turns to knock out.

Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 711