Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 711

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1330544 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10170 on: December 20, 2021, 12:05:38 am »

Smoosh Thunderabs has conquered the Thur in the name of the Dhib! Mostly!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SystemsTestCanary

• Bay Watcher
  • watching.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10171 on: December 20, 2021, 12:20:05 am »

Beat the Salvador boss.

ok, kinda cheesed the Salvador boss, but I'll just call it "making effective use of cover."

some end in flashes of Gold, some end in Blood, some, in Fire.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10172 on: December 20, 2021, 05:35:03 am »

I feel a bit dumb finding this out, but I discovered that if you have a cultivator with a Mental State-buffing talisman equipped, you can turn it off to reduce their Mental State back to its base value. Why do that? Well, it can take days ingame for their Mental State to go from 90 to 95(Pristine Mind), and even longer to get it to 100, but a few minutes of cultivating to drop it back down. However, lower Mental State raises faster, so after cultivating for a while, you can turn off the talisman, let them have fun for a shorter time, then turn it back on the jump up to Pristine Mind. Especially notable with the Divinity Mind talisman(+45 Mental State), which you can - and definitely should, since it requires a cultivator with exactly 0 virtue/condemnation - get very early in the game(the first world event grants the item needed to discover the place).

I got my starting cultivator from the second Qi-shaping breakthrough to the third(which elevates to Core Shaping) before her qi had even recovered from the breakthrough doing this. It also helps that the breakthrough chance for the third stage was 100% and stayed that way until the breakthrough was achieved.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10173 on: December 20, 2021, 09:40:38 am »

Finally defeated my first boss in Remnant : from the Ashes.
The damned arrow totting teleporting bastard boss named "Shroud"

Reaching the end of the sewers(you can meet Shroud for a temporary fight each time you destroy a totem in the sewers) i finally reached its arena.
There were lots of his respawning minions (in the game strong monsters usually have many minions spawning, not just for extra difficulty but because those may drop ammo when they die, though from what i played for that fight against Shroud there should be no need as you have a resting stone that refill you completely just before entering the arena)

Playing with a Scrapper class (for that fight i had upgraded all my items to +3) my weaponry is mostly designed to kill things at low range, so that battle is a lot of running after that teleporting boss until i finally get not too far from it so i can shotgun his face to oblivion (as my big hammer was useless out of minion 1-hit kill squashing, as the boss never stayed in place long enough for me to get in range of the face caving strikes). 

If you run all the time during that fight it shouldn't be hard (as you'll dodge then more easily the arrows), the main problem is to not get stuck with too much of the minions as the boss from time to time make a scream and shoot several exploding arrows that will rain on you (even despite you have a roof about you) , so make sure to never stop moving. 
How satisfying it was when i finally got his face filled with shotgun shells. :D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10174 on: December 20, 2021, 03:48:22 pm »

Ran my first-ever übers today in D2R, after having played the game for several years.

I was running a smiter that was supposed to be just the budget build, but we ended up getting a lot richer than expected while putting it together so I had some things that aren't necessarily considered "budget" by the time we finally had enough levels and keys to attempt things. Buddy was playing a barbarian who was running interference and buffbot duties.

So, really, we were quite overprepared for the whole thing. But better safe than portal-camped! And what was the glorious reward we managed to wrestle from the grasp of the Big Bad Three?

Amazon 11/13

Still though, first torch I've ever seen firsthand, so can't complain!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10175 on: December 21, 2021, 08:31:49 am »

Still having som fun with Remnant : From the Ashes.

Finally managed to destroy the Earth world boss, on my generated world it was a kind of giant mutated treant (it basically looks like Treebeard with a wooden Cthulhu head) On some other people's world that boss can be a dragon instead.

The thing basic attacks were a feet smash or double fist smash, both creating a shockwave (more or less fast depending on the attack used) that you need to roll over. Rather easy fortunately (you just need to get the shockwave speed) .
But regularly the boss will start to get on its knee and bombard your with exploding shell creating rotting gaz area, while spawning a lot of rot warts minions that you need to either kill or roll/dodge their own self-detonation, giving you a lot of rot status ailment .

The exploding shells are easy to avoid as you need to roll (or maybe sprint) a couple of second after hearing their flying noise (your window to shoot after an explosion is very very short), the minions are way more annoying but if you're lucky the boss can bombard its own minions for you. 

Took a lot of shotgun shells to finally destroy that damned boss (had to pick up several times ammo and refill my stock with a pouch item too) but finally moved past the big ugly.

It's possible to break its legs (but once it's down, it will replace his feet and fist ground smash by a combo of 3 circular large boxing hooks that you absolutely need to dodge) if you want, this change the boss item you get at the end (if you don't break the boss leg you get an item that allow you to craft a strong shotgun, if you break his leg you'll have an item you can use to craft a strong maul) .
So i got a nice new shotgun that is unfortunately having only 1 shell in its mag (so need to reload after each shots) but deliver higher damage than my current shotgun and also deliver some Rot effect to its target. supposedly slow the enemy down.

Got to the next world "Rhom" after going through the nice weirdo tower that appeared in town , looks like a mix between Tatooine and Abydos but with ruined cities and filled with berserked (possibly cannibal from all the bones i see) people that look like they came from the stone age.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 08:35:23 am by Robsoie »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10176 on: December 21, 2021, 02:45:10 pm »

My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #10177 on: December 22, 2021, 07:49:29 am »

Normally, I'm kind of down on myself and my gaming skills, maybe subconsciously thinking that negativity will help me be more competitive, or something. Well, I was watching some Youtube videos about getting better at fighting games and Sajam mentioned that it's a good idea to reward yourself even for small victories, so I was eager to test this out and booted up FOOTSIES.

I was mentally complimenting myself every time I did well, or at the very least commented to myself when I didn't do too bad. ("Well! You might've reacted too slow there, but if you were 2 frames faster it'd have worked, so that's pretty good!") I felt pretty good and my positivity certainly boosted my skills. Whodathunk that being happy makes you play better?

I even got decent scores on the training minigames which half a year ago I'd have thought to be beyond my actual physical limit, showing that I'm able to react to information as fast as 16 frames, which is 4/15th of a second, and I'm able to react on average around 18 frames (3/10th of a second). That'd also be a good benchmark for other fighting games for me to decide whether or not a thing would've been reactable by me.

I then went on to try my hand against the Arcade bots and easily demolished the first three stages. Previously, I'd struggle with even the first bot, but now that I can actually react to whiffs, it was a breeze.

Remember kids, winners use serotonin.

Also, a retroactive own is that I actually won 9 rounds out of 30 rounds (10 games) against an experienced player yesterday. Granted, they were trying to land flashy instakills on me, and did succeed most of the times, but still.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 07:54:08 am by hops »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10178 on: December 24, 2021, 10:56:52 am »

While I succeeded in getting a Golden Core at day 30, I had to settle for an 8-quality Core(which is bad. Really bad.). Just I was planning an assault on the map's resident monster, a demon tiger named Blood Jun, it broke through to the next level(becoming much stronger).

I decided to attack anyway, before it could charge up its newly-doubled qi reserves. Nevermind that my crappy Golden Core and recently-adopted puppy were both at half of their qi. I sent them, and two outers with spiritstone bows. While I had intended for Huajuan to get to the beast first, my immortal's crappy artifact smacked it first. While the tiger was faster in the air than my immortal, it wasn't fast enough to land a hit on her. Though the was a few moments where she just stood there and let the tiger slap her around for some reason. Kited the monster around my two outers; their bows were doing more damage individually than both supernaturals combined. Even after one of them quit the battle("waah, I'm too tired!", oh boohoo), I was still able to bring it down because the other outer, a wolfgirl Yaoguai, kept fighting.

That's one problem off my back. Next up is to raise a much better immortal, most likely the wolfgirl, and probably eventually rebirth the first one since she has terrible compatibility with her current law, but 100% with another.

EDIT: Found a guide for a trade run that claims you can make 20 million credits per run. It was closer to 30-40 million. Using that money, I was quickly able to afford the Prosperity-class Titan... which is a clear-cut example of Awesome But Impractical. It's slow, barely turns, has negative damage resistance ratings, and the hitbox is so buggy that it extended to every other ship I flew until I exited the game.

But it's cargo space is massive enough that it bumped that trade run to around 60 million per run. Using that money, I built a Halberd-class dreadnought, and loaded it up with all the good shit. All Mk3 weapons that you can research(they're not the best in the game, but still great), except for Mk2 missiles, and every enhancement I could slap on it. Melting through entire fleets with it. I actually got the Bullet Hell achievement(kill 5 ships in one Shotgun attack) by vaporizing almost an entire group of Gunships/Corvettes.

The only thing that stopped me, and it might have been a bug(it's been reported before), was when the game dropped about 20 Asgard-class carriers on top of me. That ate through my shields quick and I had to retreat.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:01:46 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #10179 on: January 06, 2022, 06:15:36 pm »

Turn 40, first war of the game. As Jomon, teleported Kami of the Sun with scroll of chain lighting x3 on self and other stuff on top of Bogarus' capital when he finallly remembered about patrol button. -75 heavy cavalrymen, own.
He teleported Virtue with scrolls of fire storm and mass moss body on top of my army. -200 troops and -20 mages, died.
I teleported Kami of the Sun with greatsword of sharpness, burning pearl, amulet of antimagic and other stuff on top of his Virtue with scrolls and 10 mages casting soul slay and paralyze. Lucked out on MR rolls, -Virtue, Bogarus went AI, own.
Spring-heel Jack steals 100-150 gold from me every turn. To tell him "Jack stop stealing my shit" and procure his stealth-giving boots i need to give a commander in a province nonexistant order.  ::) Annoyed.

Dominions 5, Legendary mod.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 06:34:00 pm by MCreeper »

ZoddTheImmortal

• Bay Watcher
  • Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10180 on: January 07, 2022, 11:57:03 pm »

Killed all the guards in Rattay in with a hired army of knights

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10181 on: January 08, 2022, 02:07:16 am »

led a team of 49 other players to victory over a Canadian strike force. We flew two helicopters to their second cap and dug in. Their first logistics vehicle was intercepted by my heavy anti-tank kit and was destroyed. The Canadians built a HAB behind the southern hill and began to send flanking scouts to our west.

I encouraged my squad members to space themselves and marked the snipers I could scout. It was bloody, as any good fight is. We pushed right to their radio but lost that ground, and ultimately our own HAB - once they are on the walls it's almost impossible to take back a compromised spawn.

However, our stalling at this second point allowed the other 40 players to back cap and pull the front line right on up to the enemy. With these Canadian syrup-drinkers on the back foot, I took my squad in a second helo and pushed their final cap. This push was met with minor resistance, and further convinced me that the meta is dead, and that I should take up modding...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10182 on: January 11, 2022, 03:08:06 pm »

I beat the crap out of Dark Link while only taking 2 hits, using the power of the mighty biggoron sword.  I probably could have beaten him without taking any hits if I was a bit more careful instead of just spamming the attack button.

I used to dread the Dark Link fight as a kid, and would bring 2-3 potions to restore magic power and just use Din's Fire to kill him since I never learned to fight him correctly.  It didn't help that he was halfway through the worst temple in the game either.

To this day I'm still not completely sure what you're supposed to do.  I used to sometimes fight him by trying to use spin attacks, which rarely hit him if you used the quick control stick rotation version, but he usually dodged those.  My guess is that you're supposed to not use Z-targeting when fighting him, or something like that.

But, with the biggoron sword, it doesn't matter.  You outreach him, so while he swings at the same time you do, you can hit him anyway for double the damage of the Master Sword.  I love unlocking it as the very first thing I do as an adult since it makes most fights a breeze.  The loss of the shield sucks sometimes, but not enough to matter.

Through pain, I find wisdom.

ZoddTheImmortal

• Bay Watcher
  • Mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10183 on: January 11, 2022, 03:29:31 pm »

Most of my neighboring player countries immediately went to war with each other.(I was Egypt) The winner of those wars, grew the size of multiple countries. Meanwhile I built my economy and artillery, but looked small, since I was the only one not expanding my border size.
When he attacked me, even though he was producing more infantry, I just stood back and shot him or kited when necessary and eventually won through making more big guns with my better economy.(His huge country was still low moral from his very recent conquests, and not really able to produce much yet.)
All the land he had taken was now mine, so I immediately became the biggest country on that map, and produce the most of the oil.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:37:08 pm by ZoddTheImmortal »

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10184 on: January 12, 2022, 01:22:38 pm »

Spent 6 days walking into center office area of Louisville from a safehouse near edge of LV suburbia. I had 2 spears, a crowbar, lead pipe and hammer on my possessions, few kitchen knifes, 2 beef jerkies and couple of canned foods for projected 2 day trip. Sadly respawns for zeds inside LV are somewhat insane, and in the end I had gone through path of least resistance and still racked up 1 level of carpentry, 2 levels of maintenance, 1 level of long blunt, 2 levels of short blunt and maxed my spear skill- 200 odd zeds dead.

All for a taxi that wasn't all banged up, and a can of gas, first amidst 50ish zeds and second in a trunk of a trashed sedan. All because some mutton-brain thought it nice to steal a 30% all round windowless pickup from my safehouse, he had to tow the bastard off my lawn! MP is !!FUN!!

Pages: 1 ... 677 678 [679] 680 681 ... 711