Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Colorado Caravan Thread! signups and promises plz  (Read 4478 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Colorado Caravan Thread! signups and promises plz
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:43:49 pm »

So i see two guys willing from CO willing to carpool for the DF Meetup so i thought it might be appropriate to make a thread to find all of us and build the caravan.

things we need
----------------
money
rides
food
stuff to do on the way
place to stay

so if you guys are serious and willing to come, post here and what are you going to contribute to the caravan, you have to pm me your contact and address details too so i know you really want to come (i will not reveal your location unless you want to).

heres a good template

Current Caravan members
--------------------------
Tellemurius - $400, license but no car, laptop and windows 7 phone, 19, lives in Westminster
Angle - >$100 (hopefully getting more), laptop, 17, lives in Lafayette
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 09:11:42 pm by Tellemurius »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Colorado Caravan Thread! signups and promises plz
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »

On places to stay:

Check out Couchsurfing.org
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 08:47:27 pm »

I rather have some trusted locations that members know about. Don't want to be mauled by boogiemen at night or am i bringing the weapons too?

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:02 pm »

... that's all exactly the point of Couchsurfing's vouching system.  You can tell who the person is before you stay there.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 09:07:37 pm »

I have a bit less than a hundred dollars in savings(hoping to get more before roadtrip), laptop computer with windows 7 and Ubuntu(don't see why that matters, but whatever), no car, live in Lafayette. I'm 17, if thats important.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 09:10:09 pm »

I don't think we should worry about age other than consent from parents for embarking. Welcome caravan brother.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:29 pm »

I don't think we should worry about age other than consent from parents for embarking. Welcome caravan brother.

Let's do this.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Parker147

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 06:28:32 pm »

I live in Kansas and I'm almost tempted to come hitch a ride since I've never been out much farther west than Colorado. I just don't think it would be worth it for me to drive half way across the US to only spend a couple days there.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 06:42:39 pm »

You'll probably need to supply you're own transportation up to colorado, but I bet you can join up with us as you pass through. If you have a car, we can probably take up some of the cost of gas and food and stuff.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:08:15 pm by Angle »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 01:51:54 am »

Yes, i would put up the point of we can pick up some stragglers in other states if we got the resources.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 01:12:01 pm »

Count me in (assuming that nothing crazy happens in June. I'll know for sure june 25th. Got a divorce in the works and it might throw a wrench into my plans)

Alright guys, the way I see it, we need a few things.
First, we need a vehicle that can hold us all. If worse comes to worse, we can do greyhound and try to get a group rate, but that probably won't be a good idea due to prices. We can do a car rental. We'd probably be looking at around $400 for a car rental. $600 for a SUV and $800 for a van (rough estimates.) (FYI, That's weekly. Grayhound fares are running about that...)
The thing with those is only people over 25 would be able to drive it. I'm 30 so we are good there, but it'd be nice to be able to drive strait.

Second, we need gas for the vehicle. Its about a 1300 mile drive. That's probably about $520 in gas round-trip.

I think if we got extra space in whatever vehicle then we should consider posting a few proposed routes and see if anyone along those routes are good for a pickup. That'll also determine what we have along the way to do.

I think we'd be best setting up at Whiskeytown Lake or Lake Shasta. Campgrounds are generally cheaper than hotels. It looks like it'll be about 10$ for a park pass for the vehicle, then either 18$ for the site, or if we can get a group reservation, 75$ split between all the people who will be going. Since the 18$ is limited to 8 people, it'll probably be best to get a combined campground for all who will be going.

I can probably cobble together camping equipment for everyone in our caravan, not sure how much extra, but I can probably do some extra too.

So for about $1000 (without having a vehicle) we can get 5 people there and stay in the campground, with $1200 to get 8ish. With a vehicle we can do it for $600 to the limit that the car can hold.

Not sure how much money I can bring to the table, I need to see what happens in the near future first.

As for picking up other state stragglers from a financial standpoint, it's all about gas, as such, as long as they got the cash for the extra gas, and there is room in whatever we got, we will be fine.

Also, if we can get ability to drive a stick established as well, since I know a guy who might loan out a car (maybe) but it's manual...

Okay, so
Kogan - $Unknown, license (working on possibilities with cars), No computational devices, 30, lives in Colorado Springs
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 01:38:08 pm »

I can drive stick but I prefer my own vehicle for that. At this rate I rather take a plane for 150 round.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 03:12:01 pm »

We're also going to need to see about food. I might be able to supply some canned stuff, I'm not sure.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 03:36:59 pm »

I can drive stick but I prefer my own vehicle for that. At this rate I rather take a plane for 150 round.
... If you got that as a potential, do that by all means. And hook me up with knowledge on where to get that!

Gas alone to and back is much higher than that!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 03:52:07 pm »

...Yeah, if you can seriously swing $150 roundtrip airfare from Colorado, do that. I'm in Idaho and my rates were about twice that, last I looked. It's cheaper for me to drive, especially if I can find a friend or two to drag along.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*
Pages: [1] 2 3