Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GET BACK HERE YOU COWARDS!!! >:(  (Read 1091 times)

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GET BACK HERE YOU COWARDS!!! >:(
« on: April 28, 2011, 06:46:55 pm »

<rant>

YOU COWARDS!!  How DARE you call yourselves dwarves, you stinking sons-of-elves!!  5 guards, 5 pack animals, and you STILL ran away the first time a Giant Badger bit one of your camels!!

Who spotted the goblin amubush on the other side of the map?  We did.   :o
Who played pincushion to distract the goblin bowmen? We did.   :(
Who slaughtered the goblin bowmen, and left them in 4 times as many pieces as they came in? We did.   ;D
Who ran away?  YOU DID!!!   >:( >:( >:(

I need those gold nuggets and marble boulders.  The baroness wants gold and marble items, and we don't have any on the map.  I've given you huge profits.  You've never lost anyone (unlike the poor humans, who discovered the last ambush).  WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY?!?!?  WHY?!?!?

Bloody cowardly elven bastards.

</rant>

Seriously, 5 merchants w/pack animals, 5 guards, the only animal that got hurt was one of the camels.  It ended up passing out on a cage trap, which probably caused the caravan to leave.  Not sure, I was distracted by the squad of bowgobs on the other side of the map.  2/3 of my militia (4 midlevel axedwarves) + the caravan guards, nobody chasing the Giant Badgers (they're on my roof right now, just chillin'), and nobody noticed the camel being attacked right outside the entrance to my fort?  Right next to the 1st waypoint on 2 patrol routes?  Really bad timing in there somewhere.  Now the baroness is gonna demand heads because we don't have any gold or marble or naked moledog leather.

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

Funburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GET BACK HERE YOU COWARDS!!! >:(
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 06:58:21 pm »

[...] the only animal that got hurt was one of the camels.  It ended up passing out on a cage trap, which probably caused the caravan to leave.

... did you check if the caged camel is the one with the boulders on it? :D

If you're lucky, the gold and/or marble could be salvaged by carefully arranging a camel-killing zone right around where the cage will be opened.

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 06:58:46 pm »

Most likely since you captured the camel, provided it belonged to the caravan, they considered it a hostile act and left.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 07:17:52 pm »

[...] the only animal that got hurt was one of the camels.  It ended up passing out on a cage trap, which probably caused the caravan to leave.

... did you check if the caged camel is the one with the boulders on it? :D

If you're lucky, the gold and/or marble could be salvaged by carefully arranging a camel-killing zone right around where the cage will be opened.
At least 2 of the other 4 pack animals had gold nuggets on them.  I can't seem to find any in my stocks, so I think they all went away.  I'll find out for sure once the cage is opened.

EDIT: Evidently I was looking in the wrong place, because there is a gold nugget in the stocks menu, marked in red, so it still belongs to the traders.  Soon it will be mine. 
Most likely since you captured the camel, provided it belonged to the caravan, they considered it a hostile act and left.
Yeah, I know why they left.  It's just so infuriating that 9 military dwarves let a Giant Badger get within 3 tiles of my entrance, while I was distracted by bowgobs.  Bad timing with patrol orders, an ambush, and a Giant Badger conga line.  I assume the caravan guards were chasing but not actually fighting the GBs, and quit chasing them when the caravan declared us hostile.  Hopefully it won't affect the next caravan.
UPDATE: Apparently the GB in question got caught in a cage trap right before the camel passed out.  Mwuahahahahaha!

JMZ
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:26:07 pm by JmzLost »
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 07:26:17 pm »

Just arrange an... "accident" for your baroness. They can't demand things from beyond the grave!

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:13:38 pm »

Better gold and marble I can get from the caravan than something I can't.  Also, she tends to ban the export of cages, which is really easy to follow.  Original expedition leader, bookkeeper, broker, manager, and she likes to keep busy hauling stuff, too bad she got voted out as mayor, though.  Need to give her some more time off to make friends.

She's gonna stay, although it's Countess, now.

JMZ

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:26:10 pm »

Yeah, I know why they left.  It's just so infuriating that 9 military dwarves let a Giant Badger get within 3 tiles of my entrance, while I was distracted by bowgobs.  Bad timing with patrol orders, an ambush, and a Giant Badger conga line.  I assume the caravan guards were chasing but not actually fighting the GBs, and quit chasing them when the caravan declared us hostile.  Hopefully it won't affect the next caravan.
UPDATE: Apparently the GB in question got caught in a cage trap right before the camel passed out.  Mwuahahahahaha!

JMZ

Oh, right, sorry.  Guess I completely missed the context of the entire message.  My bad.  But hey, you got the vile badger at least.
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:27:42 pm »

Just arrange an... "accident" for your baroness. They can't demand things from beyond the grave!
"Urist McDouchebag, Ghostly Baroness has set a mandate!"