Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Current King of beasts?  (Read 2366 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Current King of beasts?
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 11:34:37 am »

Zombie whales?
Try packs of Skeletal Carp.
I know that, they are evil.

But do you know how fucking huge whales are?!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 11:41:11 am »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
UristMcMajor: "That platoon of fully steel-clad axedwarves seem pretty ineffective to me.."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 11:44:43 am »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
UristMcMajor: "That platoon of fully steel-clad axedwarves seem pretty ineffective to me.."
Cave ins and traps are a MUST against whales!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 12:38:01 pm »

Giant Cave Spiders are still big, carp are still pretty deadly (Dodging is Fun!), and I'll have to say zombie whales.

I've never embarked on an evil biome (Might do it soon though), but whales are gargantuan beasts. Imagine that 200 ton thing running at you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

From what I remember about Townbrush, a fort plagued by undead ocean monsters, whale zombies aren't actually that bad because they are so damn slow. Civilians can out run them and trained soldiers can kill them fairly quickly. However when they do manage to catch a stupid, slow dwarf, that dwarf tends to be crushed to death almost instantly. So you only need to worry about zombie whales if they end up camping inside your dining hall, waiting for ignorant dwarves to walk through the door.

OT: Bronze Colossus still pretty much obliterates everything, so they're the most obvious choice. As for the more mundane animals, alligators and their ilk are quit vicious and can easily kill a dwarf. Voracious cave crawlers tear through civilians like warm butter. Giant cave spiders get a guarnteed kill on everything they inject vemon into. So many animals, so many ways for them to kill you with ease. Pick your poison.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 12:42:39 pm »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
How come the whales can easily fit themselves into the tiny corridors the dwarves make for themselves?  :P

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 12:44:35 pm »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
How come the whales can easily fit themselves into the tiny corridors the dwarves make for themselves?  :P
BECAUSE THEY ARE NINJA WHALES.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 12:50:45 pm »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
Ninja whales? I would have thought pirates, what with the nautical sea connection.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 12:51:08 pm »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
INTERPLANETARY NINJA-ASSASSIN CLAPTRAPS ZOMBIE WHALES!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 12:53:11 pm »

Without a doubt, horses and camels are the deadliest mundane animals. They combine the power of an elephant with deadly hooves, lightning speed, and a lust for murder.          I had a skeletal camel assassinate 8 dwarves.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 12:54:54 pm »

Horses.

By the way, I now have a urge to mod some creature based on a badger, but horse-sized and with hooves.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 12:57:06 pm »

Zombie whales?

*Crunch*
INTERPLANETARY NINJA-ASSASSIN CLAPTRAPS ZOMBIE WHALES!
lol.

It's a borderlands reference :))

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 12:57:18 pm »

Don't forget the Rhesus monkey! Always deadly :P

Cats can also be just as bad.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »

For the same reason a bronze colossus can be held within a small wooden cage.

Without a doubt, horses and camels are the deadliest mundane animals. They combine the power of an elephant with deadly hooves, lightning speed, and a lust for murder. I had a skeletal camel assassinate 8 dwarves.

Oh yes, horses and their relatvies are quite deadly. I tried embarking on a horrifying desert once. 6 of the dwarves were killed in the first month by a marauding horde of skeletal camels. In Townbrush, one of the militia commanders died in a single hit when the insane merchant's camel kicked him in the head.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Premium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 01:03:38 pm »

My migrants like to wander through packs of giant badgers on they way to my fort. They tear civilian dwarves apart with incredible ease.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 01:14:58 pm »

For the same reason a bronze colossus can be held within a small wooden cage.

Without a doubt, horses and camels are the deadliest mundane animals. They combine the power of an elephant with deadly hooves, lightning speed, and a lust for murder. I had a skeletal camel assassinate 8 dwarves.

Oh yes, horses and their relatvies are quite deadly. I tried embarking on a horrifying desert once. 6 of the dwarves were killed in the first month by a marauding horde of skeletal camels. In Townbrush, one of the militia commanders died in a single hit when the insane merchant's camel kicked him in the head.
Is it just me, or is kicking overpowered?
Pages: 1 [2] 3