Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with crash issues  (Read 396 times)

Titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help with crash issues
« on: April 28, 2011, 05:51:39 pm »

Hi there,

I have been playing a fortress for a while, using a few mods (civ forge and genesis). I have a save now that, on season change (from winter to spring), it crashes. I have read the forums for a while and there seems to be a few reports of such issue. My question is, is there anything I could try, by modifying my saves, to prevent this crash? What are the common causes?

Thanks.

Titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with crash issues
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

I realized that deletinh my baron fixed the issue. What could be happening?

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 10:03:22 pm »

I'm not sure, but removing nobles fixes many things :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:32:20 am »

I have had similar issues of sorts... although I've had it happen repeatedly on a laptop, it doesn't happen for me on a computer with a faster cpu and more memory. Which seems to suggest that in my case it relates to DF's memory usage somehow, given that it crashes at autosave times... or when it eats enough memory that Windows forces a shutdown for some reason or another...
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Titan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:44:59 am »

I see, I am running it at a 4gb ram computer, and DF is hardly scratching 1gb, so I think my issue has another cause. As a development, I think it's not at season change, as I believed. Instead, it is caused when a caravan arrives. I toggled my baron dead flag to true, which seems to have fixed the problem. Still lost at the cause though.