Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: A slightly draconic project of mine  (Read 5450 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: A slightly draconic project of mine
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:23 pm »

I had around 60 active builders I think. Designation was painful, but eventually I got the hang of building in a way that allowed me to designate as much as possible before letting loose the dabbling brickmonglers.
Operation magma circulatory system is a go. Perhaps the nobles' rooms can act as organs that have their own blood vessels...
That's going to be a nightmare to power.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 03:52:35 pm »

I'll probably just let gravity handle most of it and reduce complexity as necessary. Getting anything up there in the first place will take enough time to prepare...

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 04:05:25 pm »

I'll probably just let gravity handle most of it and reduce complexity as necessary. Getting anything up there in the first place will take enough time to prepare...
If you use water, water pressure will (if done right) pump through the dragon! But water isn't that dwarfy...

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »

Man, that looks awesome. I'd live in that shit and throw fucking parties all the time.

Would it be undorfy to substitute clear/crystal glass for the adamantine, though? I don't like wasting candy (when I even get far enough to find some...) on frivolities.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 05:18:27 pm »

You should change the spikes into ramps. or maybe just actual spike traps. That way you can either see them as spikes in overseer or impale goblins on them, respectively.
Agreed.

Put the dragon in/behind the mouth, with the nobles in the skull. The baron/king is in one eye, and the mayor in the other. The magma forge should obviously be the heart. The peasants can go live in the intestines!
Also a good idea.

Can you put the save on DFFD when you "finish"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:31:31 pm »

Put the dragon in/behind the mouth, with the nobles in the skull. The baron/king is in one eye, and the mayor in the other. The magma forge should obviously be the heart. The peasants can go live in the intestines!
Also a good idea.
I'm not the local eccentric dwarf for huggin' trees!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 07:47:45 pm »

Also a good idea.
...Huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 07:50:58 pm »

Also a good idea.
...Huh?
I run around and abuse dwarf memes.

And accuse magma haters and such of being elves.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 07:58:39 pm »

Bravo. That dragon will become the terror of countless goblin tribes, who whisper that those that do get to the head are sent screaming out, on fire.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »

Bravo. That dragon will become the terror of countless goblin tribes, who whisper that those that do get to the head are sent screaming out, on fire.
Another idea just came outta my head:

Cave-ins ready in the mouth to take a bite out of all who are pot-smoking hippies and baby rapers alike! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHH

Necro looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

Sadrice

• Bay Watcher
  • Yertle et al
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 01:41:55 am »

train the dragon, chain it in the mouth, release a captured hostile creature from further out in the mouth, laugh maniacally as a plume of dragone fire billows forth.

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 06:36:52 pm »

Putting some suggestions into effect...

1. Converted the back spikes to ramps - never knew they had this kind of look in Overseer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2. Added a few lower levels to create some more bulk to the torso/hind

3. The irregularity of the legs prevent reasonable pump stacks, so side project Natural Suspiciously Flamboyant Woodpipe was deemed necessary

A couple of things are likely to burst into flames.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

:o... It is amazing. Living quarters, magma defense system, execution tower, and a gigantic awe-inspiring decoration all in one. If this continues we may have to find a complement even better than dwarfy.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 02:46:02 am »

This is beyond words. I salute you sir. May your dragon burn countless goblins.

Slight off-topic, what is the program you used to get the images, and where might I find it?

SlimyMarmot

• Bay Watcher
  • Mucous-y
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 04:26:29 am »

For the pictures I used Fortress Overseer and its screenshot function. Image size is the rendering resolution, so it minimizes the need for resizing as well. Juicy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3