Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Okay, I guess we can let that slide...  (Read 2346 times)

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile
Okay, I guess we can let that slide...
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:29:18 am »

I breached my first cavern ever today, and my weavers went mad collecting webs from it.  Suddenly I noticed a large, hostile colony of bat men.  I sent my military down to kill them all, and as soon as the first bat man brain was pierced, EVERY dwarf instantly became infatuated with its corpse, and rushed down to claim it for their decorative purposes or whatever it is dwarves do with bat man corpses.  Needless to say, there were some injuries and an engraver was stabbed through the head by one of them.  My military finally tracked them all down and killed them all except ONE: the one that killed my engraver.  I checked him in the units list and he now had a name and was listed as "Friendly" in nice, green, comforting letters.

._.

Wat?

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Okay, I guess we can let that slide...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 07:32:03 am »

Lol.
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 08:35:07 am »

Yep seems to be a bug with local cavern animalmen becoming friendly after a battle.

I had a female batman hanging around the middle of one of my failes fortresses. She must've liked the forts dwarves to hang around with them. ^^

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 08:58:03 am »

Obvious. The engraver had become an enemy of your fort after engraving one too many pictures of cheese.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 10:15:36 am »

Obvious. The engraver had become an enemy of your fort after engraving one too many pictures of cheese.
...And not enough !!elves!!.

It's the only kind dwarves like. And Cacame, but he doesn't count.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 11:38:31 am »

OOh this means you can tame the whole tribe by feeding them kittens!  Or children! or Nobles!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 11:43:53 am »

OOh this means you can tame the whole tribe by feeding them kittens!  Or children! or Nobles!
Lil boys!
 ;D

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 01:42:25 pm »

But I need those for my delicious kitten biscuits!

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 01:48:23 pm »

I've noticed this too. One time an underground batman tribe killed a megabeast. One batwoman got a name out of the experience and was subsequently listed as "Friendly".
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 07:51:48 am »

And of course, let us not forget Âsax.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Sarda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 08:21:33 am »

Yep seems to be a bug  accidental design feature with local cavern animalmen becoming friendly after a battle.

I had a female batman hanging around the middle of one of my failes fortresses. She must've liked the forts dwarves to hang around with them. ^^
Fixed.
You'll have to provide warm, moist kittens at the end of each test chamber.
Dwarf Fortress:
Where 9% of your town is casualties, is good.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 10:12:15 am »

Sig'd. SIIIIG'D hard.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:13 pm »

I'm wondering if this works. Sacrifice a herd of animals to the beast men to befriend them. Which actually makes sense in a twisted way.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 02:57:43 pm »

That makes me want to have my own little batman who will then proced to hunt all those goblins that visit my fortress.

Dwarf Fortress: The game where your secure supply of +kitten biscuits+ is more important then the survival of your children.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 05:46:21 pm »

Batmen. They are fear, they are the night.
i'm so sorry
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: [1] 2