Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What could i use for graves?  (Read 1391 times)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What could i use for graves?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 11:59:27 am »

I make elaborate catacombs heavily defended with traps and filled with masterwork everything.

In the case of a particularly heroic dwarf I build him his own monument, which is sort of like a scaled down megaproject, such as a small pyramid or something. Also, lots of statues.

My current megaproject is to build a temple made out of metal blocks in the underworld, and build a 3x3 room for every single dead dwarf.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 12:12:30 pm »

in my last fort I had a shallow 3x3 magma basin in the center of a round room and would drop the corpses of fallen dwarves into the cleansing fire with a drawbridge. I would then place memorial slabs around the edge of the room.

The idea of making a hall of kills is interesting, Im going to have to implement that in my current fort as I always want to make Tombs for my military but never get around to it..

Code: [Select]
Wall->                              +Hallway+Wall->
Coffin-Statue-corpse of first kill- +Hallway+ -Corpses of the remaining kills->
Coffin-Statue-corpse of first kill- +Hallway+ -Corpses of the remaining kills->

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:28 pm »

I'm not hesitant to kill them, I just don't have any that will die. They should have died in the magma disaster, but didn't. And I haven't got any convenient kill mechanisms currently in place.

what about dropping them into a really deep pit via retractable bridge and burrows. i find most creatures die upon impact after a 6 or 7 story fall. (3 Z levels gives them some pretty nasty wounds if you want to train your doctors)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 03:46:07 pm »

I do a variety of tomb styles, but the one thing I always seem to do is designate one exceptionally antisocial dwarf as my grave-digger / mortician and disable burial for everyone but him. Then I build him a little creepy little shack to live in next to the tombs.
Pages: 1 [2]