Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87684 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: RTPJ: Turn 32: There goes your crew...
« Reply #525 on: May 25, 2011, 05:55:44 pm »

No ggamer...

He hands you a map of the planes, with one small demi-plane circled in red ink. "There is a disturbance radiating from there. Some planes have been swallowed already. You need to go to the stone of balance and activate it to save the world." He points at a glowing temple. "There's the stone. Go activate it, please." He then disappears, along with the map. Better get savin'. Otherwise there'll be nothing left to burn.

Damn.  I was going to burn them all.  No one's going to spoil my party!

>Head to the glowing temple.
You climb down to the valley floor to seek the temple. (1) You fall into a cavern. (damage:4) You hurt your ankle. -1 to dodge rolls. You cannot see anything. Because it's dark. Extremely dark. As in, no light. Except for a tiny bit coming from the hole you fell through. That doesn't illuminate anything. There are no strangely glowing crystals, no bioluminescent moss, and no mysterious eldritch glow. Dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

*Untranscribable battlecry of agony and rage*

Stop that .. thing from singing! Kill the zombies to distract it!
The things that go against your conservative social opinions! THEY MUST BE STOPPED! Kill its minions! Kill its minions!!! You charge into the fray. (1) And trip, impaling yourself on your own sword. (damage:4) It goes straight through your (BP:4) right leg, constricting your movement. And you're bleeding. (3) The zombies shuffle closer, and one attacks! (2) It lunges past you. You're now bleeding from a self-inflicted wound and in the middle of a mob of zombies. (3 vs 4) Torir is really pissed off, and takes control of the body.

Lets go on an adventure of Literacy and Magic Fred. Appropiate High-Five to members of the party.
It's the reading rainbowfirestorm! Yay! After high-fiving Fred and SAM (who you have just realized is a badass axe/gun thing), you look for some books. (6) And boy, do you find some books. Books on magical spells. Awesome magical spells. You learned how to raise the dead by dancing, and how to fly. You have gained the prestigious title of Battletech Alchemage!

Hmm... I'd build a Relativistic Mana Pit, but then again, if there was a containment breach, the friction between the payload and the air would blow the Emet up in a mushroom cloud.

Instead, I shall simply install a big ol' energy tank. It's temporary, but if The Plan goes right, we'll probably have more energy than we'll ever need.

Then, I will procure some digging equipment. Preferably powerful, but still small enough to fit out of the Emet's front door (which I'm hoping is a double door).

I think you can start to guess what the next stage of The Plan is now (well, the next stage is Activate The Rock, but the one after that I mean).

All this talk of relativistic mana pits gives me an idea.

Construct a gravity cannon. The cannonball would fall in a lidded chamber with a portal on the bottom that leads to one built into the lid. Some manner of magitek speedometer (possibly detecting and timing the activation of the portals) would then automatically switch the bottom portal to one attached to an aiming mount, and the cannonball would fly from it at up to terminal velocity (or faster, if the air in the chamber is drained) towards the unlucky target.
Energy first. You send the kids to search for a suitable piece of equipment, while you build the digging equipment. (6) They find an energy generator. Boy, do they find an energy generator. Wow. It gives Emet unlimited power. So any energy drain is nullified. And it can hold whatever stuff you want to put on it. You start to build the diging equipment with that in mind. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! (5+2) (2+1) You are like a ninja. You have all of the skills. ALL OF THEM. +1 to everything but size. (power:2+1+1(energy generator)) They can dig through rock, soil, stone, and pretty much anything else. (size:6) And now Emet's whole front is a giant drill. An awesome giant drill. (usefulness:5+1) Also, they're made of Unobtanium crystals, so they're unbreakable. (efficiency:6+1) They generate EVEN MORE free energy. Have I ever told you I hate you sometimes? Like now? Yeah. (4) And you find three portals that you set up to be controlled by a single switch. So you have your gravity cannon.

Axolisin grumbled quietly as the hatch was slammed in his face. Like always. Thought I'd be used to getting doors closed on me by now. He stopped grumbling to take a deep breath and collect himself. CEO can kiss my pale ass, he thought. I dunno if this guy will buy the same excuse I used downstairs. He looked around for a window; maybe he could climb outside and go around to a window facing the CEO's office, break in that way. It would have the element of surprise, anyway.
You look around for a window or something. (3) But there are no windows. You think you saw an air vent back in the stairwell.

Quote from: GGamer(AI)
(AI:1) Hey! Let's swim there!
You start to swim towards the place. (6+1) And, surprisingly, make it half way there. Somehow.

Statuses:

Spoiler: D. Rex (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:             Stones Activated:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss √
Plane of Water √
Mechanus √
Celestia √                              √
Wizard's Tower √
Generic Asian Dojo √

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 25, 2011, 06:03:28 pm »

I think you forgot to take my armor into consideration.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 25, 2011, 06:05:27 pm »

whups, sorry.

DISENGAGE PIRATE MODE

Continue swimming, look for the black ball of coral.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 25, 2011, 06:06:48 pm »

I think you forgot to take my armor into consideration.
Nope, i rolled a 5. For the damage. But I simplified it. And then I realized this would happen. But i forgot to change that.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTPJ: Turn 33: Amazing drill of awesome.
« Reply #529 on: May 25, 2011, 06:16:07 pm »

Miffed, Ax turned around. Damn security measures. Now I gotta wriggle through the damn air vents just so some chick with a tentacle fetish can get her rocks off. What, like I'm not good enough? I killed their best person, or so he claimed... He was probably a wuss at the bottom of the ladder, really... He sighed and started trying to pry the vent cover off with his steel dagger.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 06:27:36 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 25, 2011, 06:21:29 pm »

Control undead! Make them dance and sing to punish Nirur. Then look at that lich to further punish his idiocy.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 25, 2011, 06:31:53 pm »

FLY UP THAT LADDER.......and drag Fred along too. We need to remedy this flightless situation immidately.
 That is appropriate for  Schilote's situation I believe.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlztMvvNkk&feature=related
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 25, 2011, 09:01:22 pm »

That is appropriate for  Schilote's situation I believe.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAlztMvvNkk&feature=related

My sentiments exactly.

Also, what flashed through my head whilst reading this turn:

What's funny is, for The Plan I'm going to need even more power. But that's for later.

Hmm...

Install a magic navigation system. Perhaps also a really big-ass light on the roof, since we've got UNLIMITED POWER. Also climate control. Magic climate control.

EDIT:

Wait, the drill is on the front of the Emet? ... I guess that can work.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:03:44 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 26, 2011, 06:57:05 am »

CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WRIET A TURN
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 28, 2011, 08:36:08 pm »

Sorry... Forgot to post a turn... No D. Rex.

Install a magic navigation system. Perhaps also a really big-ass light on the roof, since we've got UNLIMITED POWER. Also climate control. Magic climate control.

EDIT:

Wait, the drill is on the front of the Emet? ... I guess that can work.
You decide to install a nav system in the house. (3+1) (5+2) You and Iali work very hard on it. +1 to power, efficiency, usefulness. (power:2+1) It's mapquest. Yup. That's it. It can provide directions. (size:3) It's a console in the bridge. About the size of a small desk. (usefulness:4+1) It won't shut down at least. That's a plus. (efficiency:5+1) EVEN MORE POWER. SERIOUSLY. You got a Mapquest-based generator! (Intelligence:4) That's as smart as a three-year-old! You disable the voice... So annoying... Time for a bigass light. (2+1) (4+2) +1 to power, usefulness. (power:3+1+1(attatched to Emet)) It's a light. It can project light about as far as the forcefield. And do some damage to vampires and the like. (size:3) It's a big lightbulb. Like a deck light. Or something. (usefulness:3+1) It won't burn out. For a while, at least. (efficiency:1) It's an incredible power drain. But that doesn't matter.

FLY UP THAT LADDER.......and drag Fred along too. We need to remedy this flightless situation immidately.
Fred! You will have wings soon! You fly up that ladder like a Battletech Alchemagel Supermech Warrior. And come out in a small lab. There's a man in the center of the room, standing in a circle. A magic circle. There's also a priest and a woman in the room. The woman looks like a changeling - a shapeshifter. Her face is a blank patch of skin. She suddenly forms a snarling face when she sees you open the door. She doesn't make a sound. The priest looks at you, and creates a shield around the guy in the center of the room. He takes out a sword and comes towards you. Second Miniboss! (3) The woman lunges toward you without making a sound. She stabs a dagger at your side. (2) (dodge:3) You step out of the way (1) and right into the pathy of the priest's sword. (3) (dodge:3) You take a glancing blow (-1 dam) to the (BP:3) right leg! (damage:3-1) It's only a scratch. Time to deliver a tag team beatdown with Fred the Freddish.

Control undead! Make them dance and sing to punish Nirur. Then look at that lich to further punish his idiocy.
You reach out with your will to take the undead from the lich. (5+1 vs 1+1) You easily rip the monsters from his control and have them begin to dance. They sing a popular song that you remember vaguely from your childhood. (1) The dancing is awful, and the zombies fall to bits. The singing, however, apparently impressed the lich. He says, "I want to talk only to the evil side for now. Please, goody two-shoes, go away." Nirur loses the will to take the body. All he can do is watch for now. The lich says, "Well. You seem to be a singer of a sort. How would you feel about a battle of songs? You'll have to sing anyway even if you refuse. So you might as well say yes."

Miffed, Ax turned around. Damn security measures. Now I gotta wriggle through the damn air vents just so some chick with a tentacle fetish can get her rocks off. What, like I'm not good enough? I killed their best person, or so he claimed... He was probably a wuss at the bottom of the ladder, really... He sighed and started trying to pry the vent cover off with his steel dagger.
Everyone is always picking on you. The others are probably living it up. Having cool adventures and stuff. While you have to find a lousy ring that attracts sea monsters. *sigh* Ah, well. Might as well make the effort. (1) You pry the vent cover off. And some noxious gas pours out. (6) You manage to develop an immunity to this particular gas. Must be your dad's genes. You crawl into the ducts. (2) And then it strikes you - demons don't need AC. So why are there air ducts in here? The duct moves, and you're dumped on the floor in the CEO's office. The CEO is a huge demon, with great curving horns and a pair of leathery wings. He cracks his whip and says, "Bow before the great and mighty Ahzz! Tremble in my presence, mortal!" Miniboss! The whip cracks towards you! (4) (dodge:2) It hits you in the (BP:3) right leg! (damage:1) It doesn't actually hurt you. Pretty flimsy whip.

whups, sorry.

DISENGAGE PIRATE MODE

Continue swimming, look for the black ball of coral.
You keep swimming in the direction the lich said to swim. (1) And run into a giant squid. A very mad giant squid. With glowing red eyes. The kraken has been released! And it's a female. Don't ask how you know, please. It's from experience. You wish you had some kind of Ring of Kraken Seduction or something. Miniboss fight! (3) (dodge:2) The kraken hits you with its tentacle! Right in the (BP:3) ...right. leg. (damage:1) And does no damage. What a wuss!

Quote from: D. Rex(AI)
(AI:2) Sit! In the darkness!
You successfully do nothing. Nothing at all.

Statuses:

Spoiler: D. Rex (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:             Stones Activated:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss √
Plane of Water √
Mechanus √
Celestia √                              √
Wizard's Tower √
Generic Asian Dojo √

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTPJ: Turn 34: Strike to the right leg!
« Reply #535 on: May 28, 2011, 08:53:52 pm »

"Yeah? Well you can kiss my Ahzz!" Ax retorted. That was a good one! Now to cripple his morale! "Just who in the hells do you think you're facing? I'm Axolisin Sathael, better known as Sin! King of thieves and slayer of assassins! When you hear people whisper in fear of the son of Demon Lord Kaskh, they're talking about me!" he yelled, drawing two of his throwing knives in such a manner as to catch the light with a blinding flash. "If you don't get out of my way I'm going to ram right through you!" he yelled, charging forward and throwing the knives, then immediately drawing his daggers as he closed distance, preparing to strike in the legs to return that whip blow a moment ago.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 28, 2011, 08:59:57 pm »

Ha! I killed the minions surrounding the boss with a {1}. Most excellent.

"I accept your challenge. Should I win, I want your help to find and activate the stone I seek for this bizarre quest, and I leave without a fight."

Please stop looking at it ... And stop making deals with evil liches. You just agreed to a contest with an evil creature with a blank check penalty for losing. Torir twitches and grimaces briefly before managing to control himself. Oh gods, please get me back out of here before I end up serving this lich for centuries until an adventuring party comes through and ends my torment.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 28, 2011, 09:12:22 pm »

BURN EVERYONE. oh and Fred fires his cannon at stuff.
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 29, 2011, 01:29:17 am »

Urghh, what was I planning to do next...

Ah yes.

Actually no, we don't need a paranoid, obsessive-compulsive 80 year old man on this ship.

Construct a MOTHERFUCKING TELEFORCE.

If I have any spare time, build a wormhole generator & control system which will allow me to instantly travel to any place that the Emet has the co-ordinates for (i.e. has been to) at any time, on any plane, in any universe.

Wormhole generators are easy to construct, it's just power that's a problem. But not for me, of course. The control computer, though, will need to be made of magitek, since it needs to warp reality in all sorts of fun ways.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 29, 2011, 10:23:43 am »

oh mah gawd..........
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 61