Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87704 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn 31: D.Rex's turn. Also, BADASS GUITAR.
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2011, 12:54:54 pm »

:o you're going to make Emet into a time machine...

That would be cool, but it's not part of The Plan...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2011, 01:04:40 pm »

You haven't denied any of SC's guesses... That worries me...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2011, 01:05:16 pm »

You haven't denied any of SC's guesses... That worries me...

They're all wrong too. The Plan is a short-term plan.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2011, 01:09:31 pm »

I dunno, I think becoming Skynet's pretty short term for everybody except you. But if the Plan relates to the current situation I'd imagine it has something to do with turning Emet into a tank-like structure to crush our enemies.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

BURN BABY BURN
Sorry. I was Canoeing.
Raggle Fraggle

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2011, 01:21:56 pm »

And D. Rex is the only one left.

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! It has a plot!
« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2011, 06:53:31 pm »

Out of nowhere, a poisoned dart strikes BD in the neck. A ninja jumps from the shadows and inspects the paralyzed and half-dead brawler. Out of nowhere, a poisoned dart strikes the ninja in the neck. Xavila jumps from the shadows and inspects both of them. The vampire she stabs with the sharpened butt of her fancy asian polearm, burning him to a crisp. She looks at the fallen brawler more closely. As s/he dies, the illusion flickers on and off. BD gasps, with hir last breath, "Save... the... world... Stone... SHINY..." Xivala looks confused. And then, as BD dies and the illusion fades completely, revealing a hideous man with spiky hands wearing a dress, a specter appears over the corpse. A specter of a hooded man. "Oh, dear. And I had such high hopes for hir... You'll do," he says, looking at Xivala. "Take those gloves there. You can planejump with those. You need to save the multiverse. Go to that glowing stone in the big pyramid. Touch it and save the world. I'll tell you what else to do later."

> Put on gloves.

> Ask what the world is in danger from this time?
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2011, 07:36:05 pm »

> Put on gloves.

> Ask what the world is in danger from this time?
He hands you a map of the planes, with one small demi-plane circled in red ink. "There is a disturbance radiating from there. Some planes have been swallowed already. You need to go to the stone of balance and activate it to save the world." He points at a glowing temple. "There's the stone. Go activate it, please." He then disappears, along with the map. Better get savin'. Otherwise there'll be nothing left to burn.

BURN BABY BURN
Sorry. I was Canoeing.
Time to burninate the beast! (1) Or your own hands. Oh gods it burns! It burns! The pain! (damage:3-1) Or the lack of pain as the case may be. (6) You quickly put out the flames. (5) Fred makes a decision to shoot one of the gas shells at the monster. (4) (dodge:2) The gas grenade strikes the beast and bursts open! (damage:5+1) The acid eats away at the swarm, and the last of the bugs dies! You are standing in a magical library. The shelves stretch off into the distance. There's a trapdoor you came in through, and a ladder going up. You hear a human-sounding voice from up there, but you can't pick out words.

Torir marches right in there to demand an audience. He really just want to touch the stone to save all of everything so he can go do ...

Huh. There's nothing much for a multiple dissociative personality disorder paladin/fallen paladin to do with his/their life. They certainly can't go back home. They probably wouldn't be able to agree to go on most adventures, and wouldn't want to be saving everything all the time.

... Weapon shop, then.
You walk in and see a lot of what are apparently humans (though they could also be well-preserved undead) dancing and singing. "It's just a jump to the left, and a step to the ri-i-i-i-i-ight. Put your hands on your hips... And bring your knees in tight! The just a dagger thrust... That brings the victims paaaaain! Let's raise some undead again! Let's raise some undead again!" Then they fall onto the floor as a cloaked figure in a throne at the far end of the hall stands up. This must be the lich. He throws off his cloak, and... Oh, gods... That's awful... Look, do you really want me to describe a thousand-year-old undead wizard transvestite? I didn't think so. Let's just say Torir is disgusted, and Nirur wishes he could close the body's eyes. He begins to sing, and the zombies on the floor get up and walk towards you. "I'm just a sweet undead lord... From the terrible... Plane of deeeath!" (6) the zombies haven't gotten near you yet. (4 vs 1) Probably just so he can stop looking at the lich, Nirur takes control of the body. It's SMITIN' TIME!

ENGAGE PIRATE MODE

C'MON THEN YA FOOKIN BITCH! I'VA GOTTLOTSA MORE STABS WHAR DAT CAME FROOM!
Time to kill! You attack the lich with your sword! (6+1) (dodge:5) You hit the lich soundly in the (BP:2) chest! (damage:6+1+1) ...You cut that bastard in half. Have I ever said that I kind of hate you guys sometimes? Anyway, the lich falls into two pieces. Which swim around and attack you from both sides. (2) The right half fails to get to you, (1) and starts floating up and away. (1) The left half drifts off to one side, (6) and you grab both of them and tie them up. With the arms facing each other, of course. You then ask him for information. After cutting off his head and reattaching the sides. He says, "I hate ye. I reeeally hate ye. Th' stone is in the Depths. Down and to the port side. Fer about ten leagues. 'Tis a huge ball of coral. Black coral. Thar's an enterance that leads to a maze. Have fun with tha'. Th' ship is yours. The crew is mine. Ye can run this ship by yerself, right? Ha!" His right half snaps its fingers, and he is gone, along with the skeleton crew. All that's left on the ship is you. And that prisoner who might be an eldritch abomination. And maybe some other prisoners. You need a crew of at least five to run this thing.

Dragons? Is that the best you can do?

Shields next. I'm thinking some sort of magic force-field. If there's time left over, install some oxygen recyclers too. For my plan.

I'll probably also need to install a mana pit/thaum tank to power all this magitek.
What, no robots? You look around for some magic shields to power your next improvement. (5) You find the shields you're lootking for. They're really good shields (power+1) You bring them back to the ship for installation. (4+1+1) (3+1) You do really well at installing those shields. (power, usefulness +1) (power:1+1+1) They're about as sturdy as an extra layer of stone walls (-1 damage to Emet for raw damage values of 4 or less). (projector size:1) The projector is a little thermostat-type device on the wall. (shield bubble size:5) It extends about 10 feet from Emet. (usefulness:4) This is a pretty sturdy shield. But it kind of temporarily gives out with too much damage. It goes back on right afterwards. (efficiency:1) And it slows Emet down to a crawl. You might want to get another power source... Oh, and you kajiggered it so you can pick whatever color you want, and have it be visible all the time, only visible when it's struck, or visible all the time changing colors when it's struck! You don't have enough time right now to build an oxygen scrubber... (5) So it's good you found that tiny portal to the Plane of Air!

I hate when that happens. :-\ Has to be done though, I guess.

Ax grinned as he pocketed the components. Suckers... I'll get this ring of Kraken Seduction and pad out my equipment at the same time! Greed was quickly overtaking the half-demon as he continued to work his way towards the CEO's office, taking vital parts out of each trap in his path. I should take everything not nailed down in the office, too. How'm I going to get out, though? Maybe I should find a rope or something and climb down, it'd probably be safer and faster than trying to work my way back down.
You go slowly up to the office as you disarm the traps. (3+1) You don't activate any more, (2) but all of the interesting ones are lower down. So no cool parts. You arrive at the CEO's office. The door is huge and imposing, and has a huge complicated lock. That is impossible to pick. Since some of the parts are in other planes. There's also a total lack of candlesticks, differently-colored wall panels, or easily-removable bricks. (1) A screen opens up and a demon glares at you. He says, "Go away. The CEO isn't accepting visitors. Ever." And then he closes the screen. That sucks. Time to think up an excuse...

Statuses:

Spoiler: D. Rex (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:             Stones Activated:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss √
Plane of Water √
Mechanus √
Celestia √                              √
Wizard's Tower √
Generic Asian Dojo √

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: RTPJ: Turn 32: There goes your crew...
« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »

Axolisin grumbled quietly as the hatch was slammed in his face. Like always. Thought I'd be used to getting doors closed on me by now. He stopped grumbling to take a deep breath and collect himself. CEO can kiss my pale ass, he thought. I dunno if this guy will buy the same excuse I used downstairs. He looked around for a window; maybe he could climb outside and go around to a window facing the CEO's office, break in that way. It would have the element of surprise, anyway.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 07:52:23 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2011, 07:51:17 pm »

Hmm... I'd build a Relativistic Mana Pit, but then again, if there was a containment breach, the friction between the payload and the air would blow the Emet up in a mushroom cloud.

Instead, I shall simply install a big ol' energy tank. It's temporary, but if The Plan goes right, we'll probably have more energy than we'll ever need.

Then, I will procure some digging equipment. Preferably powerful, but still small enough to fit out of the Emet's front door (which I'm hoping is a double door).

I think you can start to guess what the next stage of The Plan is now (well, the next stage is Activate The Rock, but the one after that I mean).

All this talk of relativistic mana pits gives me an idea.

Construct a gravity cannon. The cannonball would fall in a lidded chamber with a portal on the bottom that leads to one built into the lid. Some manner of magitek speedometer (possibly detecting and timing the activation of the portals) would then automatically switch the bottom portal to one attached to an aiming mount, and the cannonball would fly from it at up to terminal velocity (or faster, if the air in the chamber is drained) towards the unlucky target.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 22, 2011, 07:54:31 pm »

Now you're thinking with portals!

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2011, 08:25:16 pm »

Lets go on an adventure of Literacy and Magic Fred. Appropiate High-Five to members of the party.
Raggle Fraggle

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2011, 09:39:26 pm »

*Untranscribable battlecry of agony and rage*

Stop that .. thing from singing! Kill the zombies to distract it!

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 23, 2011, 03:56:01 pm »

He hands you a map of the planes, with one small demi-plane circled in red ink. "There is a disturbance radiating from there. Some planes have been swallowed already. You need to go to the stone of balance and activate it to save the world." He points at a glowing temple. "There's the stone. Go activate it, please." He then disappears, along with the map. Better get savin'. Otherwise there'll be nothing left to burn.

Damn.  I was going to burn them all.  No one's going to spoil my party!

>Head to the glowing temple.
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 24, 2011, 06:08:12 pm »

If Choo doesn't post a new turn soon, the Netland thread might actually become longer than this thread.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61