Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87729 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn 28: Freakshow. Keelhaul. Explosions.
« Reply #450 on: May 14, 2011, 10:15:19 pm »

REST?
I AM A GOLEM. I DO NOT NEED TO REST.

ROCK THE FUCK OUT IN ORDER TO HEAL MY INJURIES. Or just planejump back to the Emet and fix meself up there. Even if I can't jump back here directly, I know where the portal is.

Umm, you do remember that only one person can go through it once every 200 years right?

Yeah. I'm one person.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 14, 2011, 10:18:58 pm »

But what about going back in?
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 14, 2011, 10:20:04 pm »

But what about going back in?

Even if the portal doesn't allow return trips, I can just planejump back.

Formerly known as Quendor, the Great Underground Empire reached its height under King Duncanthrax, began declining under the excessive rule of Dimwit Flathead, and finally fell in 883 GUE. The area is now called the Land of Frobozz, after its largest province.

Many centuries ago Entharion the Wise united the warring city-states of Galepath and Mareilon, forming the Kingdom of Quendor. As the first king of a long dynasty, Entharion ruled from Castle Largoneth over a kingdom which was little more than what is currently the province of Frobozz. Our current calendar dates from the first year of Entharion's reign.

Little is known about the early years of the kindgom, save that it was ruled by a string of obscure rulers who did little to merit history's recognition. Eventually the war-like nature of the early city-states was forgotten, and they all united for good under the brown and gold flag of Quendor.

Centuries later, in 659, the kingdom of Quendor was still relatively small, encompassing seven-and-a-half provinces on the western shore of the Great Sea, an agrarian land whose major products were rope and mosquito netting. It was the thirty-first year of the reign of Zilbo III, the last king of the Entharion Dynasty, which abruptly came to an end with the ascension of Duncathrax to the throne of Quendor on the final day of 659.

After removing Zilbo, Duncanthrax quickly developed a reputation for cruelty, bloodthirstiness and aggressiveness, thus earning himself the nickname "The Bellicose King." He raised a tremendous army and began a systematic conquest of the neighboring kingdoms. Within three years, Duncanthrax ruled an empire that controlled virtually all the land between the Great Sea and the Kovalli Desert. It was during this period that the new king moved the seat of power from Largoneth to Egreth.

In 665, the forces of Duncanthrax vanquished the Antharian Armada at the famous battle of Fort Griffspotter. The island-nation of Antharia was, at the time, the world's premier sea power, and this victory gave Duncanthrax undisputed control of the Great Sea and put the superb ship-building facilities of Antharia at his disposal. After this stunning victory, the Bellicose King turned his attention to the vast domain of the Eastlands. In 666 he swept across the territory with a large invading force, dealing the natives a key defeat with the Diablo Massacre at the Zorbel Pass.

As he absorbed the new territory into the kingdom, Duncanthrax made a startling discovery: huge caverns and tunnels existed in the Eastlands. These underground realms inspired Duncanthrax's imagination; he soon realized that by burrowing into the ground he could increase the size of his empire fivefold or even tenfold! He put this plan into motion in 668 with the creation of the Frobozz Magic Construction Company. The natural caverns in the eastern lands were expanded tremendously, and new caverns and passages were dug in the western lands, chiefly in the vicinity of Duncanthrax's castle, Egreth. By the time of his death in 688, Duncanthrax ruled virtually all territory in the known world, above and below ground.

After Duncanthrax, the throne was occupied by a long series of his descendants. These were unspectacular rulers, who took on the surname Flathead, for obscure reasons not necessarily related to the planar shape of their pates. During this period there was very little change in the Empire, as the conquered kingdoms were assimilated into Quendor and the frantic pace of tunneling gradually abated.

The beginning of the end for the immense kingdom came during the reign of Lord Dimwit Flathead during the eighth century. During his colorful reign, Dimwit became the first to call Quendor "The Great Underground Empire," a designation now popularly preferred to Quendor. He also renamed the Great Sea "the Flathead Ocean." Preferring the Eastlands, he moved the Empire's capital to Egreth (in the Westlands) to Flatheadia (in the Eastlands). In a raw act of excessiveness, Dimwit ordered the construction of a nine-bloit-high statue of himself, an act that angered the powerful mage Megaboz, and eventually led to the destruction of his empire. (Please see the entries on Lord Dimwit Flathead and Megaboz.)

The rulers following Dimwit did their best to uphold his tradition of excessiveness. The high level of taxation continued, although the money was increasingly spent not on massive construction projects but on extravagant parties and long vacation trips for members of the Royal Family.

During the feeble-minded reign of Wurb Flathead in 883, after countless years of decadence and overtaxation, the Great Underground Empire was destroyed by the great Curse of Megaboz. The underground caverns fell into disuse, coming under the power of the first Dungeon Master; the Royal Treasury was sacked, and everyone moved somewhere else.

[Press any key]

So I guess it's called Quendor again.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 14, 2011, 10:21:09 pm »

It is FrobozzCo, it's just its Abyss branch. The one who has been closest to the main branch is Riccto, in his hallucination of Zork 1.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 14, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »

It is FrobozzCo, it's just its Abyss branch. The one who has been closest to the main branch is Riccto, in his hallucination of Zork 1.

Didn't FrobozzCo go down along with the rest of the GUE at the end of the Age of Magic?

It is interesting to note that the first Dungeon Master, who indirectly caused the destruction of the Flatheadia headquarters, was rewarded by Megaboz with a controlling share of FrobozzCo's stock. Despite this puzzling political situation FrobozzCo thrived right up through the end of the Age of Magic. In fact the company made a killing in the fall of 966 by issuing a Special Crisis Edition of their Magic Catalog to convince people that even at a time when magic was failing, FrobozzCo wouldn't fail them. In this catalog they proclaimed the official FrobozzCo business philosophy: "Sell good magical aids at a reasonable profit, treat your customers like super enchanters, and they'll always come back for more."

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 14, 2011, 10:29:56 pm »

Didn't FrobozzCo go down along with the rest of the GUE at the end of the Age of Magic?

It is interesting to note that the first Dungeon Master, who indirectly caused the destruction of the Flatheadia headquarters, was rewarded by Megaboz with a controlling share of FrobozzCo's stock. Despite this puzzling political situation FrobozzCo thrived right up through the end of the Age of Magic. In fact the company made a killing in the fall of 966 by issuing a Special Crisis Edition of their Magic Catalog to convince people that even at a time when magic was failing, FrobozzCo wouldn't fail them. In this catalog they proclaimed the official FrobozzCo business philosophy: "Sell good magical aids at a reasonable profit, treat your customers like super enchanters, and they'll always come back for more."
If you will observe the new MMO, Legends of Zork, FrobozzCo is still alive and kicking. And if I say the game is set when FC is still around, then FC is still around. So quit whining.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 14, 2011, 10:31:12 pm »

If you will observe the new MMO, Legends of Zork, FrobozzCo is still alive and kicking. And if I say the game is set when FC is still around, then FC is still around. So quit whining.

I'm not whining. I'm correcting.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 15, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »

OY! BDTHEMAG! Where are you?

And Nirur, I had an absolutely evil idea for an updated concept for the bard/lich...  :P You'll have fun!
"Nirocky Torirror Picture Show"...

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 15, 2011, 08:54:34 pm »

I'm not talking one person through the portal at a time every 200 years, I mean one person can go through the portal ONCE every 200 years. As in, if you leave, you cannot come back that way.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 15, 2011, 09:19:03 pm »

He's right. Sorry Schilcote.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 15, 2011, 09:20:59 pm »

But I can still just planejump back now that I know where the portal leads.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 15, 2011, 09:33:18 pm »

But I can still just planejump back now that I know where the portal leads.
Yup.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 16, 2011, 05:30:10 pm »

Sorry BD...
REST?
I AM A GOLEM. I DO NOT NEED TO REST.

ROCK THE FUCK OUT IN ORDER TO HEAL MY INJURIES. Or just planejump back to the Emet and fix meself up there. Even if I can't jump back here directly, I know where the portal is.
Damn monsters... Time to go back home. (1) Or not. (4) You're in the Academy of the vortices at least. Whatever. You find a lab and fix yourself up in there. (5+2) You fix yourself up really well. It feels like you made yourself tougher. (-1 to damage) You now have armor plating on most parts of your body, made from some scavenged iron. It gleams in the light. You look like some kind of badass knight dude. With your maul, and your armor and everything... Time to go kick some Slaadi ass!

Tell SAM I still love him/her/it despite having Sword, Shout something unintellable at FREDTACULAR for him to get his metal booty up here, Confront bugs.
Oh SAM... Oh sweet and lovely SAM... You serenade your weapon. It says, "What are you doing. Stop doing that." You shout to Fred to get up here, (6) and he comes crashing through the wall. OH, YEAH! You give Fred a pat on the back for his excellent Health-Potion Man impersonation, and charge up the stairs. This looks like a library of some kind. A much bigger library than would fit in the tower. Weird. You hear a buzzing sound, and a thing comes from behind a bookshelf. It takes the shape of a humanoid, but is about fifteen feet tall. And, you know, it's made out of bugs. All sizes, from tiny gnats to huge buzzing beetles. It makes a face with bright red eyes and says, in a voice like a buzzing beehive, "Whyyy havvve youu commmmme to take whhhhat izzzzz righhhhtfullly the propertyyy ovvv theee zzzizzzterzzzz? Geeet ouuut puuuunyyy moooortaaallll!" It grows claws of bees and prepares to throw down. MINIBOSS! (1) It swings at you and Fred, but fails completely. (5) You take the opportunity to hit it in the back with a firebolt! (dodge:1) It hits hard! Right in the (BP:1) Head! Or head-analogue! (No +1 damage since this thing is basically a swarm) (damage:6) You light its head-analogue on fire! The swarm is now ablaze! Damage dealt each turn. (1) The fire spreads down its body! The smell of burning chitin wafts through the library.

(I swear, if you end up controlling this thing...)
No point. A) I don't want the lich knowing I can Control Undead so it can devise a countermeasure, B) The lich would reaffirm control, either when Nirur takes over or when I get close to the lich, and C) I'd rather not push my luck with controlling both the miniboss and the boss.

What are you doing? I could destroy it in two, maybe three swings of Meddler Smiter ... Hmm, should really get around to renaming that sword at some point. Anyway, you don't stand a chance! Let me destroy it!

"You'd only get us hurt by directly engaging it."

Throw the dagger into the monster's left knee! If I render it immobile, I should be able to just run past.
You throw the creepy dagger at the monster's knee! (3) (dodge:2) It strikes the monster, in the (BP:4) right shin. (damage:5) It severs the leg, and (1) the monster collapses hard, (damage:5) losing three of its arms and the clown head! The throwing knives fly from its grasp and (2) go towards you! (dodge:4-1) You move out of the way. The monster is laying on the ground, but it's still moving. It aims its bubble gun at you and (6) (dodge:5-1) one of the bubbles grazes you! It's made of acid! Gaah! (damage:1-1) The acid all hits your armor and quickly pours off before doing any damage. The lich says through the speakers, "Now, why did you have to hurt my little boy for? What had he done to you? Besides trying to kill you, that is... Anyway, you shouldn't have done that. I'm very upset with you." (6 vs 1) Nirur easily takes the body from the distracted Torir.

Stop being a klutzy dumbass and be a fucking pirate for once.
You are so pissed at yourself. What business does an Orc have being captured like some... Some... Elf! Time to break out! WAAAAAGH! (3) Or not... You're still trapped in the shackles... You hear a voice from the next cell. "Hey, boy. Lean over to the wall. I've got somethin' ta' tell ya." You lean over and see an old Sea Elf. A SEA ELF! The sight of a sea elf desecrating a pirate vessel enrages you so much that you give one more WAAAAAAAGH! and (4+1) rip through the chains! The voice from the next cell changes. It seems a lot... Squeakier? "Hey. Thanks. I knew that would work." You look again and see a gnome in a diving suit. An illusionist? He says, "Let me out of here. He's going to feed me to his zombies!"

Great. Like that's not dangerous at all. Ax looked around to make sure there were no observers, then climbed on the fire escape anyway. If it's going to collapse, maybe I can jump through a window. And when all the guards come running back here to the alley I can carry on unhindered. Even if I get up three floors its better than trying to sneak past the guards at the front door anyway.
Of course the fire escape would be rusty. Dammit... Might as well make an effort anyway. (5) You quickly make it up to the highest point on the fire escape! Must have some sort of enchantment... You look through the nearest window and see rows of cubicles with all kinds of creatures. None of them look out of the windows, and then you see why. A huge demon wielding a whip. He lashes anyone who so much as stretches in their chair. Real nightmare boss... Gods, you're glad you aren't in there.

Quote from: bdthemag(AI)
(AI:2) Fail to do anything.
Yay! Apathy!

Statuses:

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:             Stones Activated:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss √
Plane of Water √
Mechanus √
Celestia √                              √
Wizard's Tower √
Generic Asian Dojo √

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 16, 2011, 05:37:51 pm »

Ax shook his head. Sad sacks. That's why I'm not doing any 'honest' work. Smash and grab, I always say. He looked up, trying to judge the distance to the top... it was too far still. No choice but to go in there. He crouched by the window and kept an eye on the inside. OK, so just wait until whip-happy dumbass goes to the other side of the room. Then I open the window, slide in, close it, duck behind the nearest cubicle, and make my way to the stairs while staying low and out of sight.

His body tensed, ready to start as soon as he saw the opportunity. And if he sees me, throw a dagger and run like hell.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 16, 2011, 05:50:10 pm »

My character missed! I don't know if that makes Torir bad at throwing knives, or really great at throwing them.

Nirur charges the monster and performs his specialty attack.

What are you doing? No, stop! Get away from it, now's our chance to retreat! And ... No! It's undead, powered by music, likely has multiple souls, and is a favorite creature of its master! If you cut the limbs off, they'll just start swarming! Are you even listening to me? RUN AWAY! Don't ignore me when I'm giving tactical advise!
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61