Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87780 times)

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn 23: Nirur's down to one body! Thanks, god!
« Reply #405 on: May 10, 2011, 08:54:47 pm »

Fun fact: Did you know that I spend over an hour per day writing RTPJ and RTTT? It's true! Even though most of the time I'm not actually writing much in RTTT!

*sigh*

Hmm. Find a stone of some sort. Under water ships are supposed to be a bit more protected than this...

Confusing.

Maybe they're using the stone as ballast. You decide to go down. (2) You go down and end up in pure darkness. No portholes, no lights. It's like the people on the ship really don't want this place to be lit... (2) Maybe it's because of whatever you're hearing moving... You light a match. (1) And wake the zombies. All 7 of them. Holy shit. (1) And you lost the ladder. Because your light went out. (4) (dodge:4-1) You feel something claw at your (BP:2) chest! (damage:2) You feel find. 'Tis but a scratch. (5) No more zombies seem to be attacking you at the moment... But you are in a dark room on a submarine with seven undead monsters...

Torir, too distracted by his annoying conscience to form a proper plan, begins walking towards the castle.
(2) As you walk closer to the castle you hear the organ music increase in volume. It seems that this is because several walking skeletons are coming out of the castle. (2) It looks like they saw you. (3) They start to shamble closer. The music rises in volume as they get nearer. It seems to be coming from them. Then you see it: every one of them has a magical device built into its skull that broadcasts their master's songs. Maybe the music is what animates them, or makes them fight harder. Whatever it is, your job will probably start to get easier as you destroy more of those things. (3 vs 2) Nirur takes over the body and prepares to smite some evil like a boss.

Nice. These ones don't feel like they're going to snap every time I use them. Ax pocketed the picks and left to find a way down to where he suspected the stone was, or to at least find someone who looked like a pushover to ask about the location of the stone.
(6) You see a guy who looks like the classic management type: nice suit, but weak and stupid looking. He's coming out of a government building, too. (4+1) You walk over to him. He seems intimidated by your impressive horns, and cowers a little."Hey, you! Any idea where I could find the stone of balance? I need to save the world or something!" The demon hisses "Those other guys were asking about it too. The ones with the metal eyes. Go to the Fallen Angel tavern, and look for the demon in the jester's outfit. He's the one who led them here." Oh, great, a clown. Of course it had to be a clown. Damnation...

Ah Alright.
The Alchemist shrugs slightly as he looks for the tower and wanders towards it, looking for any particularly wizardly folk.
It looks like there's an entrance around to the left. You walk through the arch (1) and fail to notice the cunning trap. The ground goes away. (1) And you fall down, down, down, (3) into a pit of water. There's a tunnel just above the waterline, (5) and no monsters. (4) None of your equipment was damaged by the fall, but Fred's still up there. You pull yourself up, and walk down the tunnel (3) without mishap. You're now standing by some stairs. They go both up, with a sign marked "STUDY" and down, with a sign marked "ZOO". Where ya' gonna go?

Run down the hallway, kick the crap out of anything that attacks me.
You jog towards the light and end up on a balcony overlooking a ridiculously lush valley hidden in the mountains. There's a big pyramid about a quarter mile off, that's glowing orange. Maybe there? You see a few rope ladders leading down about a hundred feet to the valley floor. (2) And now there are ninjas. (6) Thankfully, only one, and he looks pretty inexperienced. Since, you know, he's got his back to you and he's standing by an edge and all. (1) Did you know that flying kicks when your target is standing by a cliff is a bad idea? You both go flying off the edge. (5+1) You manage to grab a rope ladder, (5+1) and so does the ninja. (5) his facemask falls away, and he screeches. (1) And drops. To his death. Vampire ninjas? Really? It's like an unimaginative teenager created your enemies.

SEARCH FOR SUPPLIES. CONSTRUCT JETPACK. SEARCH FOR STONE.

Stone Trek III: The Search For Stones
Looking for supplies time... (3) You find enough supplies to construct something... And you find absolutely no signs of intelligent beings... (3+2) You do pretty well on the jetpack! +1 to power, usefulness. (power:3+1) It can carry you and a lot of gear. (size:1) And it's built in to your feet. Awesome. (usefulness:3+1) Just don't kick down any walls and it'll be fine. Seriously, the doors are much weaker. Easier on the feet. (efficiency:4) And you have enough fuel to last you a while. About 5 turns of flight, or 20 hops. If you go towards the stone one gear, you'll turn a corner and the stone mountain will be hanging over you.

Statuses:

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:             Stones Activated:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss √
Plane of Water √
Mechanus √
Celestia √
Wizard's Tower √
Generic Asian Dojo √

[/quote]

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FLY TO STONE. WIN.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nirur attacks the undead with his sword of undead slaying, ignoring Torir's complaints about needing to ingratiate themselves with the lich.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile

I do like to STUDY.so its off to the STUDY.
Raggle Fraggle

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

I hear ya. It takes about an hour for me to run a CvRTD turn and 30-45 minutes for Roll to Alter Someone's Life, which is significantly easier than the CvRTD. >.>

"Jesters, huh?" Ax sighed. It's those stupid honky noses. Who in the hells ever thought that was a good idea!? Clowns didn't frighten him... they just greatly annoyed him... and greatly annoyed might be an understatement. He took a deep breath through his nose and released it the same way, then looked around for the tavern. Hmm, how should I approach this idiot? Maybe I'll just walk up and honk him on his stupid little red nose and let him know I mean business here.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know what you folks are talking about, if I don't have to do any research I can write a turn for Netland in two or three minutes.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

You must be lucky, then. For the CvRTD alone I roll initiative for four players, three to six monsters, review actions, roll to hit for each character, roll to determine how successful the hit is, roll to determine damage, apply all relevant modifiers, remember what enemies are weak to what type of damage, roll to determine which character a monster's attacking unless it's locked in combat with a party member, keep a count of how many eights have been rolled so I know which characters have a skill increase coming... then I switch over to the other party, where I either have to do all that again or determine what the outcomes of their actions are, which can sometimes take awhile since it can be hard for me to think of interesting yet logical consequences. I'm not complaining (even though it certainly looks like it :-\) just stating that I put a lot of work into each turn. ^^ Hopefully my players find it interesting, anyway.

The RtASL is significantly easier since all I have to do there is roll 6d100 for everyone's initiative, then work out how their actions will affect the game world. The longest part of that is trying to follow the spirit of each command while leaving some wiggle room for opposing commands to either work out or fail, and then come up with something interesting to be going on in the background for players to use. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Half of the work on RTTT is research... Luckily, I know a lot about some periods, but the 1800s (where bdthemag is about to go) might be a problem...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Half of the work on RTTT is research... Luckily, I know a lot about some periods, but the 1800s (where bdthemag is about to go) might be a problem...

Yeah, I actually spent an entire day researching the effects of Sarin gas just for a cheap plot device a few turns ago. It's worth it to have a coherent, scientifically accurate universe though. Plus I plan to do more with it in the future.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feel free to imagine a check mark in the "activated" column for Celestia. My iPad has reeeeeally slow scroll speeds.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Climb back up and look for any nearby garlic.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile

Behind fourth wall Pirate Gibberish mode   
   OFF

Fuck. Stab all of those zombies. or just one.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Behind fourth wall Pirate Gibberish mode   
   OFF

Fuck. Stab all of those zombies. or just one.
It's time to slay undead! (6) You lash out in the dark with your sword and (dodge:3, 5, 3) Smack two and hit one a glancing blow (-1 damage) (BP:3, 1, 6) You hit one in the left leg, cut at one's head (+1 damage), and sliced the last one hard in the neck (+1 damage) (damage:6, 1-1+1, 2+1) You cut the first one in half, taking it out of the battle, barely grazed the head of another, and slashed at the neck of the third. (4) It sounds like they might be moving away from you. (3) You still can't see or find the ladder. The ship tilts, and it seems like it's turning hard to the left (port, in piratey terms).

Climb back up and look for any nearby garlic.
Damn. Vampires. And they're wearing those costumes, so you can't rely on the sun. Maybe garlic? There must be a kitchen here somewhere. (2) Damn. The dojo's kitchen must be on a lower floor. All that's here are bedrooms (1) and a little church! There must be some holy symbols in there! But there aren't. There are vampires. Sleeping upside down on the ceiling. (1) And you woke them all. Most of them just fall down to prepare to attack, but one flies at your face. (2) (dodge:5) You step out of the way of his kick and (1) he smashes into a wall and stops moving. (4) The vampires look a little awed by your skills.

I hear ya. It takes about an hour for me to run a CvRTD turn and 30-45 minutes for Roll to Alter Someone's Life, which is significantly easier than the CvRTD. >.>

"Jesters, huh?" Ax sighed. It's those stupid honky noses. Who in the hells ever thought that was a good idea!? Clowns didn't frighten him... they just greatly annoyed him... and greatly annoyed might be an understatement. He took a deep breath through his nose and released it the same way, then looked around for the tavern. Hmm, how should I approach this idiot? Maybe I'll just walk up and honk him on his stupid little red nose and let him know I mean business here.
Where's that tavern... the Fallen Angel? Real imaginative guys. (1) You can't find it. You seem to have gotten lost and ended up in an alley. You hear footsteps behind you and as you turn around a knife goes to your throat. You feel some horns brush the back of your head, and a female voice says "Well, if it isn't a Tiefling. Here to beg a favor from mommy or daddy? Well they won't help. They never helped any of us. And they didn't help Dranvras when you gutted him in the Nexus." Oh. That one thieves' guild guy. The knife stays at your throat, and the woman who was speaking moves around in front of you. She is a few inches shorter than you, and has blue-gray skin and orange eyes. Her horns stick out from the side of her head and curl upwards, like a bull's. She is obviously another Tiefling. "Any funny business and Xantrak will cut your head off. So don't try it," she snarls at you. "Now, who sent you to kill our man? Was it the cops? The Court? Who?"

I do like to STUDY.so its off to the STUDY.
Up the stairs! (2) The study is very nicely furnished, and there are walls full of bookshelves. There is also a beetle the length of your leg, with pincers as long as your arm. So there's where his abominations went off to! (4) It doesn't look like it's seen you, and it's turned away from you, apparently chewing on a large tome. (1) A spell discharges from the book as it eats, and it grows to be the size of a grown orc, with pincers as long as a halfling. Oh crap. (4) Still hasn't noticed you at least. It's too buried in its food.

Nirur attacks the undead with his sword of undead slaying, ignoring Torir's complaints about needing to ingratiate themselves with the lich.
It's smiting time! You rush at the skeletons with your sword drawn. (3+1) (dodge:3) You smite the nearest skeleton with your sword, hitting it right in the (BP:6) neck (damage+1) (damage:4+2) Its head flies off in an arc, (5) smacking another skeleton (5) and snapping its spine, causing it to fall to the ground. (4+1) You rush at the last skeleton, and (dodge:4) hit it in the (BP:5) sword arm  ::), (damage:3+1) cutting it off. (4) The monster swings at you with its left arm, (dodge:5) but you duck and (5) swipe up through its body, cutting it in two. (6) No more monsters are coming out of the castle, and the organ music is nearly inaudible. (2 vs 6) Torir takes control of the body with a burst of will power.

FLY TO STONE. WIN.
Using a very direct approach, you fly straight at the stone. (5) And make it more than halfway there. (6) Without seeing a single monster. Gravity has shifted so that the stone's mountain is directly "below" you, so you could probably just fall there if you used your jets right.

Statuses:

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fred (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

Vortices Found:             Stones Activated:
Plane of Death  √
Abyss √
Plane of Water √
Mechanus √
Celestia √                              √
Wizard's Tower √
Generic Asian Dojo √

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn 25: Thieves, Bugs, and lots of undead
« Reply #418 on: May 11, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »

What?
Nirur ... succeeded?
Admirably.
Huh.

"Don't you even have the use of my brain, moron? They weren't even attacking yo- me. The lich probably sent them out to greet us, now we'll have to do things the hard way. The stone's probably well-guarded in the dungeon."

Torir looks for a poorly defended back entrance to the castle.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn 25: Thieves, Bugs, and lots of undead
« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2011, 05:55:27 pm »

GO DOWN. ACTIVATE STONE. WIN GAME, I GUESS.

What do we do after this?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61