Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87804 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Twelve: Hostage Situation!
« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2011, 06:38:18 pm »

whups, didn't notice the turn.

stab anyone else associated with the pirates

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Twelve: Hostage Situation!
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2011, 07:08:41 pm »

Use my "Persuasion" skills.
(6+1) You slide towards him. "Why don't you put down that fine, big sword, honey? I'm sure we can discuss the matter of the ship in... Private." He grins. "Ah, well, wench, that be a fine offer." He takes the sword away from the kid's neck. "Maybe we should go to my cabin and work things out." He reaches out his arm.

stab anyone else associated with the pirates
[/quote]
Sorry, internet issues. Just now got it working again. :\ Also, I believe my throwing daggers are +1 to accuracy? :3

In one quick, fluid motion, Ax drew one of his throwing daggers and tossed it at the captain's eyes. Even if I manage to save the kid he's gonna hate me for it, the Tiefling emo'd as the weapon left his hand.
As soon as BD starts to speak, Big Jo thinks of a plan. He readies his sword, and  gives a signal to Ax. As soon as the pirate reaches out to put his arm around BD, (1+1+1) (3+1) Jo charges toward the captain and Ax throws a dagger at the pirate. (dodge:6) The pirate grabs the dagger out of the air, and puts it to BD's throat. Jo stops, since he doesn't want to stab BD...

RAMMING SPEED!
(6+1) And then there's a lot of confusion. Schilcote slams Emet right into the pirate ship's midsection, and (damage:4+1(stone vs wood)) snaps it in two! (damage:1-1(wood vs stone)) Emet is perfectly fine. Roll to Dodge! (BD:2, Ax:5, Big Jo:2, Pirate:4, Hostage:4, Kid:3) Ax leaps out of the way with ease, and the pirate and the two kids are merely scratched. Big Jo and BD, however, are not so lucky. (damage:6, 2) Big Jo is hit with a large chunk of wood! He is bleeding badly! Bd is fine. The wreckage is now floating in the air, (1) as is BD, who is extremely unconscious. Ax and the kid who wasn't a hostage are on one side of the gap, and the hostage, the pirate, and Big Jo are on the other side. (5) Big Jo sees this as a perfect time to gut the bastard! (3+1+1) (dodge:3) He stabs him right in the (BP:2) chest! (damage:5+1) In the heart, in fact! The pirate is dead! You might want to save BD...

If the Pirate ship is succesfully rammed the Alchemist would head aboard, looking for any booty/ Assisting his Comrades.
You see that the ship has been destroyed, and you go to help BD. (3) You make it to him her you know what? You get a special pronoun. "Hir" (pronounced heer), and start to heal. (6) You know, for a four-armed mutant floating in the air with only a dagger and some explosives, you fix hir up pretty well. BD is now conscious and not bleeding. (3) You don;t manage to find any booty floating around right now.

The paladin must never hear about what everyone knows you're all going to cause.

Not complaining about finally hurting something, but shouldn't my bonuses be at +2?

I continue to inflict bodily harm upon evil beings.
Damn dirty dwarves! "FOR IMHO!" (5+1+1) You swing at a group of 3 dwarves! (dodge:6, 3, 5) All but one avoids your righteous wrath. You hit him mightily in the (BP:6) sword arm (wow, you really are obsessed with the sword arm, aren't you?), (damage:1+1+1) lightly wounding him. Several more dwarves charge! The first readies his axe! (4) He swings at you! (dodge:3-1) He hits you in the (BP:6) sword arm. Umm, RNG? You OK? (damage:2-1) The blow bounces off your armor. (6) Another leaps at you with a sword! (dodge:2-1) He strikes you hard in the (BP:6) Imho-damned sword arm. (damage:2-1) Dealing no damage. (6) The third charges at you with a spear! (dodge:1-1) You really suck at dodging. (BP:5) Hey1 He hit you in the LEFT arm this time! (damage:2-1) You know, you really don't appreciate your armorer enough.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bdthemag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ggamer (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Iali Boltcut (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)

The kids look at you in astonishment. The appear to be half-elves, and have the look of powder monkeys, people who work the cannons on the ship. The hostage says, "My name is Kafired Warpshot, and this is my brother Akituhub. These pirates bought us from some slavers who had killed most of our clan in a raid on our ship-village. Thank you for rescuing us." His brother says, "We would gladly work the cannons on your mighty house. Please, will you take us?"

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Thirteen: RAMMING SPEED!
« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2011, 07:14:54 pm »

I don't do things in half-measures.

Hmm... Well, they survived that ordeal, and they're not traumatized by the looks of it, so I'd guess they're pretty tough kids. So yeah, let them on the ship.

Salvage the remains of the enemy vessel. Install the cannons, and use some of the wood to build a deck around the roof. Build more crew quarters. Conscript Ricco's help with this, along with anyone else.

I just realized, we're going to need a medical officer. If anyone wants to join the game, I suggest they do it now.

Send someone back to Airporte to conscript a doctor. Preferably one who will work for Room, Board and Adventure.

EDIT:

Oh, I have a question. Is there air over the Plane of Earth? So if we go there we won't immediately be buried underground? Same with the Plane of Water.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:17:47 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2011, 07:15:31 pm »

I ready my weapon to strike down another sword arm, when a thought hits me: This would be a really great thing to write a letter about. Perhaps a fully-armed team would be better at disarming the evil in this place.

I planejump one plane closer to the team's destination, avoiding whichever plane I was nearly sacrificed on.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:46:50 pm by Nirur Torir »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:16 pm »

No air over earth or water. Just infinite stretches of ocean and earth. Water has the same gravity rules as Air, and Earth has normal material plane gravity. There are large caverns in Earth, and a few bubble-cities in Water. Nirur, I suggest you hook up with the rest of the group in Air, where you were indeed nearly sacrificed, so you can go to the Vortices and find the goddamn plot.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2011, 07:27:41 pm »

They were pirates! Of Course. 8)
Go along with Schilcote's plan.
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:40 pm »

No air over earth or water. Just infinite stretches of ocean and earth. Water has the same gravity rules as Air, and Earth has normal material plane gravity. There are large caverns in Earth, and a few bubble-cities in Water. Nirur, I suggest you hook up with the rest of the group in Air, where you were indeed nearly sacrificed, so you can go to the Vortices and find the goddamn plot.

So if we jumped into the POE, we'd end up in a cave? And if we jumped into the POW, we'd arrive underwater or in a bubble city? Would the air in the Emet displace the water?
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2011, 07:31:00 pm »

Damn... The golem got all the glory... Moping as usual, Ax made a plaintive 'after you' gesture to the kid near him, indicating the airship. "I'm just gonna... look around, see if there's anything worth taking... help load the cannons onto the house..." he sighed heavily. "So you're Kafired, huh? I'm Ax. Or Sin if you prefer that, either one's fine with me. If you're going to help with the cannons that means you work for me, got it?"

I am the security officer, after all. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2011, 07:32:03 pm »

I am the security officer, after all. :3

But not the tactical officer.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »

Awww.... fine. Take away my new half-elf slaves. It'll just make Ax even more mopey and depressed. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2011, 07:35:24 pm »

Does plane jumping keep the same (x,y,z) coordinates? IE, would I be jumping back into the chamber where an angry deity is likely taking sacrifices amongst his failed worshipers?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »

So if we jumped into the POE, we'd end up in a cave? And if we jumped into the POW, we'd arrive underwater or in a bubble city? Would the air in the Emet displace the water?
Probably end up in a cave or bubble city. On a roll of a 2 or higher (because of your +1 to navigation). On a 1, you would materialize in any one of a number of awful places with no air, depending on my die roll. And yes, you would displace whatever you landed in. Earth, probably indefinitely, and water for... Well, it depends on how tightly you seal up the ship. I suggest you get Ax and the kids inside if you plan to jump to Earth or Water. Oh, and the kids are half dark elf. So they would probably get along best with Ax.

Does plane jumping keep the same (x,y,z) coordinates? IE, would I be jumping back into the chamber where an angry deity is likely taking sacrifices amongst his failed worshipers?
Nope. You can say to where you would prefer to jump. If you've been there before. And, you know, the RNG decides if you get there.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2011, 07:48:23 pm »

Excellent.

I try to jump to the city where the airhouse is, on the air plane. (I assume a city I've seen is easier to jump to then an airship that's quite probably moved.)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »

go ou' and fin' a betta' weepon

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:53 pm »

Hmm... I have a plan, but I think I'll wait a bit before I implement it.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61