Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87462 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Three: Lost in the Library
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2011, 09:34:15 pm »

"Bladed hands? This is even better than brass knuckles!"

Go find a mask or hood to conceal my face with.

I am turning into the parties tank :D
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2011, 09:36:32 pm »

I somehow doubt you can beat a nine foot tall slab of iron in the tanking department, even if there's sensitive clockworks inside.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2011, 10:00:28 pm »

Nirur frowned at the healing potion selection for a moment, again idly contemplating the risks involved in imbibing potions from unknown alchemists, even if they have a license. Yes, it was probably worth the risk if he lay dying, better then letting one of those scoundrels treat him, and he thought he recognized the seal certifying the blessed poisons. Some of that would surely be useful in the fight against whatever was defiling the planes. He wished he could afford to buy extra healing potions and make the alchemist prove that they worked as advertised.

After checking to make sure the alchemist is licensed, I buy a 20g blessed poison, a magic resistance potion, a heavy healing potion, and a moderate healing potion.

(It's a pity that I lack the worldly experience to identify scams, or I could buy more potions and less overpriced deathjuice.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2011, 04:24:03 am »

"Oh? This armor is yours? I'm so damn sorry," Ax said sarcastically. "You know what? Give me everything else you own and I won't gut your ass here and now. You hear me?" he said. Figures... as soon as I get something nice other thieves come out of the woodwork... "Who are you anyway?" he added as an afterthought.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 09:27:59 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2011, 11:01:37 am »

Sorry, would have had the turn up sooner, but I forgot Riccto asked me to AI him.

"Oh? This armor is yours? I'm so damn sorry," Ax said sarcastically. "You know what? Give me everything else you own and I won't gut your ass here and now. You hear me?" he said. Figures... as soon as I get something nice other thieves come out of the woodwork... "Who are you anyway?" he added as an afterthought.
(1) "I'm the guild's top burglar. You better watch out in this city - unlicensed bastards like you often end up hanging from the guild hall by their necks." He obviously wasn't as hurt as he looked, because he immediately lunges at you! (1) He trips and falls at your feet. (2+1) (dodge:2-1) You stab him in the (BP:5) armpit (damage:5) and he bleeds out quickly. You take his weapons (a good assortment of daggers) and his money. A thieves guild? Might have to watch out while you're in the city.
Ax gained Steel Daggers and 100 gp!

Nirur frowned at the healing potion selection for a moment, again idly contemplating the risks involved in imbibing potions from unknown alchemists, even if they have a license. Yes, it was probably worth the risk if he lay dying, better then letting one of those scoundrels treat him, and he thought he recognized the seal certifying the blessed poisons. Some of that would surely be useful in the fight against whatever was defiling the planes. He wished he could afford to buy extra healing potions and make the alchemist prove that they worked as advertised.

After checking to make sure the alchemist is licensed, I buy a 20g blessed poison, a magic resistance potion, a heavy healing potion, and a moderate healing potion.

(It's a pity that I lack the worldly experience to identify scams, or I could buy more potions and less overpriced deathjuice.)
(1) You see no license! This must be a trap designed to defraud you! (1) As you are about to interrogate the shopkeeper, some guards walk pst the door and see you menacing this force of darkness. They are either pawns in his game or evildoers themselves, because they start attacking you with cudgels! (1) (6) (1) Only ine of them reacts quickly enough to catch you (dodge:6-1) but you react and he only catches you with a glancing blow on the (BP:6) sword arm. (damage:3-1) Your armor absorbs the blow.

"Bladed hands? This is even better than brass knuckles!"

Go find a mask or hood to conceal my face with.

(6) You see an illusionist's shop that appears to specialize in glamours! The shopkeeper looks like a beautiful young gnome woman, but when she sees you come in she sighs, waves her hands, and turns back (you assume) into an old crone. (3) "If you want a full-body glamour, it'll cost you 75, but I can do your face and arms for 50. After all, you're not going to be seducing any young women now, are you?"

'Ello 'der apo'. I'ssun wund'rin if you'da sell me that 40 G poisin ova 'der
(4) He looks a little intimidated by your appearance, and sells you the poison for only 30 gp. "It's a paralyzing poison, so if you stab someone with it on your blade they won't be able to move for the next ten minutes. There's enough in there to coat your blade five times in that bottle."

"A mage with a friend who was good with clockwork. I need steamwork components."

Buy (or perhaps just ask for) parts, ask mechanic for assistance with construction. Perhaps drag Riccto along too, his experience with exothermic reactions may come in handy.

Perhaps offer to let him have a look at my magi-clockwork brain in return for the parts.
Quote from: Riccto(AI)
Help with the transport

(4) The mechanic is glad to help, and gives you some parts for 25 gp. (3) You find Riccto, still lost in the druidic section of the magical bookstore, and drag him to the workshop to help with the fueling system. Construction! (Mechanic:6+1) (Schilcote:6+1+1) Um... That's like an artifact or something! +2 to power and usefulness. (Riccto:4) (Sanity:5) And Riccto does some awesome work on the fuel system. +1 to efficiency. The stats of the vehicle: (Power:6+2) It is essentially a steampunk jetfighter. It can go faster than the speed of sound.  (usefulness:2+2) It will rarely break down. (size:6) And, you seem to have built it around the mechanic's workshop. Looks like you just got a new best friend. (efficiency:5+1) It looks like it runs on the air itself. That is one badass flying machine.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bdthemag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ggamer (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Gnome Mechanic (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:04:38 am by choobakka »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Four: Flying House, Thieves' Guild
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2011, 11:11:27 am »

HELL. FUCKING. YES.

Take her for a test drive. Perhaps borrow a bottle of champagne from our new mechanic and hold a christening ceremony.

I suggest we call it the Airship Emet.

"I foresee a problem. The orc will want to be the captain of this vessel. We must attain a canoe or small boat for him to claim as his own. We will tell him that the boat is part of our new fleet and that I am the admiral of the fleet as well as the captain of this vessel."

Attempt to find a small boat dealer, or even better, an abandoned vessel. If I can't afford or find a suitable boat, punch down a few trees and just make one, Minecraft-style.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 11:59:30 am by Schilcote »
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:30 am »

O.O You get the deciding vote dude, that's your badass mobile headquarters.

"Yeah, well, maybe you WERE the top burglar in this city. But now Sin's in town, you hear me? Oh, that's right, you're just a corpse, getting blood on everything. Why am I even talking to you? I'm just wasting good lines here." Sighing to himself, Axolisin went through the tiefling's pockets and got some useful looking daggers and some money. "Psh, couldn't have been that good if this is all you got," he muttered, transferring the money to his own pouch. Thieves Guild huh? Didn't have one where I grew up. Wonder if I should join. Clearly they take Tieflings.

He kicked the corpse in the head, just because, while he weighed the pros and cons of joining. I wonder if I can just show up with this guy's head and say he tried to rob me but clearly failed, you should let me join up. Mmm. It's worth a shot, but knowing my luck a bunch of guards would just happen to walk by and want to know what I'm doing with somebody's head. He sighed, kicked the corpse a second time, and walked off to find his other party members. Maybe if he skedaddled out of town fast enough he wouldn't even have to worry about the Thieves Guild coming for him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2011, 01:14:02 pm »

"Corrupt lawmen lapdogs guarding an unlicensed alchemist? Your taint must be purged from the city."

As these guards do not deserve to wear the uniform of guardsmen, I revoke their ability to do so by using lethal force.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2011, 01:15:30 pm »

Your taint must be purged

:D

Are you doing that on purpose?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2011, 01:24:28 pm »

No.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2011, 02:03:19 pm »

"Thank'sey verra much, ap- HOLEH FOOKIN' SHEET!"

see the flying house. approach it.

"Diss'un is a beauty!"

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2011, 02:39:49 pm »

Get my face and arms "Glamored"
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2011, 03:31:08 pm »

Get my face and arms "Glamored"
You give the crone 50gp, and (1) she casts the spell. She says, "oops," and hands you a mirror. The glamour is very convincing. You look just like a beautiful woman. Yup. Umm... Not exactly what you had in mind, but quite convincing. She apparently cast the full-body version, too. Well then. (1) And apparently it's permanent. And she won't give you a refund. That sucks.

"Thank'sey verra much, ap- HOLEH FOOKIN' SHEET!"

see the flying house. approach it.

"Diss'un is a beauty!"
(5) Wow... That's some ship... You run up and get on. You see the golem, the alchemist, and some old gnome staring at you.

"Corrupt lawmen lapdogs guarding an unlicensed alchemist? Your taint must be purged from the city."

As these guards do not deserve to wear the uniform of guardsmen, I revoke their ability to do so by using lethal force.
You decide to smite the evil with the full force of your will! (3) You swing at the one who hit you before (dodge:6) but he jumps over your sword (3) and takes a swing at you (dodge:3) which hits you lightly in the (BP:6) sword arm. Again. (damage:3-3) And does no damage. Again. (6) (4) The other two guards are coming at you! (2) The first one misses, (2) as does the second.

O.O You get the deciding vote dude, that's your badass mobile headquarters.

"Yeah, well, maybe you WERE the top burglar in this city. But now Sin's in town, you hear me? Oh, that's right, you're just a corpse, getting blood on everything. Why am I even talking to you? I'm just wasting good lines here." Sighing to himself, Axolisin went through the tiefling's pockets and got some useful looking daggers and some money. "Psh, couldn't have been that good if this is all you got," he muttered, transferring the money to his own pouch. Thieves Guild huh? Didn't have one where I grew up. Wonder if I should join. Clearly they take Tieflings.

He kicked the corpse in the head, just because, while he weighed the pros and cons of joining. I wonder if I can just show up with this guy's head and say he tried to rob me but clearly failed, you should let me join up. Mmm. It's worth a shot, but knowing my luck a bunch of guards would just happen to walk by and want to know what I'm doing with somebody's head. He sighed, kicked the corpse a second time, and walked off to find his other party members. Maybe if he skedaddled out of town fast enough he wouldn't even have to worry about the Thieves Guild coming for him.

(6) After putting away his stuff, you try to find the others. You see the flying house, and jump on. The orc, the golem, and the alchemist are there, as well as an old gnome.

HELL. FUCKING. YES.

Take her for a test drive. Perhaps borrow a bottle of champagne from our new mechanic and hold a christening ceremony.
I suggest we call it the Airship Emet.
"I foresee a problem. The orc will want to be the captain of this vessel. We must attain a canoe or small boat for him to claim as his own. We will tell him that the boat is part of our new fleet and that I am the admiral of the fleet as well as the captain of this vessel."
Attempt to find a small boat dealer, or even better, an abandoned vessel. If I can't afford or find a suitable boat, punch down a few trees and just make one, Minecraft-style.
(4) That is one fine airship. You think you could planejump her by extending your life force a little. You might be a little weary afterwards, but there would be no damage done. You christen her "Emet" wth a bottle of wine the gnome had in his kitchen. (4) You see a shop that sells enchanted boats. There's a flying dinghy in the lot. You drop the house into the parking lot, and go in to ask how much the dinghy costs. (5) It's apparently in good condition, for only 15 gp. You pay the rest of your money to get the orc something to keep him happy. He seems to enjoy it, and flies it around for a while.

Quote from: Riccto (AI)
(AI:1) Hey! Maybe I should make explosives in the engine room!
(Sanity:2) This will not end well. (2) You can't find enough materials. Phew...

Statuses:

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bdthemag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ggamer (click to show/hide)

Allies:
Spoiler: Gnome Mechanic (click to show/hide)

Vehicles:
Spoiler: Flying House "Emet" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic Dinghy (click to show/hide)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2011, 03:37:18 pm »

"Heh, I guess yous'n could keepsa' thiss'n. I'mma go flyeh now."

Fly around in the magic dinghy

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2011, 03:45:39 pm »

I continue to dispense justice.

I preach about how evil shall never triumph, and that corrupted filth like them allow Evil to roam freely, destroying all that is Good.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:50:01 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 61