Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87497 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Zero: Choose Your Magic Item
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »

I'd prefer to have some mores stuff available before upgrades take place. So I could make something like a flamethrower.
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Zero: Choose Your Magic Item
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2011, 06:40:43 pm »

I'd prefer to have some mores stuff available before upgrades take place. So I could make something like a flamethrower.

Well, alright then.

Strike that last action, resume default program. Still try to keep Riccto out of trouble.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn One: Nexus
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 03:29:10 pm »

I TURN FASTER THAN THIS ON A SLOW DAY DAMNNIT

(I can be sub-GM if you want)
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 03:30:46 pm »

Follow the group look out for any trouble.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 04:35:01 pm »

Wanders first to some type of market, keeping all four of his arms tucked inside his volumnous robe he looks for materials for potions and poisons and that most fun type of pyrotechnical mix. He would also look to purchase a stout short sword or hatchet
(1) You get lost on your way to the market.
You are lost!
Strike that last action, resume default program. Still try to keep Riccto out of trouble.
(5) After getting enchanted by the hooded man, you follow Riccto, and when he is obviously lost, you bring him to the market. (2) You are in the wrong part of the market for Craftspeople (alchemists, smiths, etc), but you can see several bookstores around.

Axolisin glared at the ring like it had mortally offended him as he slipped it back onto his finger. "Thanks," he said morosely. Maybe if I survive this I can hock it for some cash. A ring allowing travel between planes has gotta be worth something. The golem, the Orc, and the robed guy had left, leaving him with the Aasimar and the only member of the group uglier than the Orc. Ax got to his feet and sighed. "We're gonna have barrels of fun, aren't we?" he asked no one in particular as he put his hands behind his head. "Well anyway, you two go do what you like. I'm going to go get equipment." He left for the markets, looking for some leather armor. He'd steal it if he thought he had the chance, but if he had to pay for it he would grudgingly do so and whine about a price hike for Tieflings that probably didn't exist.
(3) You see a nice set of leather armor, just sitting there in that shop with that guard! Let's take it! (3+1+1) You hide in the shadows and sneak masterfully past the guard. You make it out of the shop with the armor! and it's black, too!
You gained black leather armor!

If quaffing a potion doesn't require a standard roll ({1-2} - You dump the potion out on the ground and shatter/grind the glass vial into your neck wound. You die), I'll look for a potion shop.
Otherwise, I'll look for a magical trinket shop I think I remember reading about, with a rude merchant (Can't trust the polite and patient crafter-retailers of magic items).
On the way, I'll think and see if I can remember any non-standard laws this city has.

(4) You find a potion shop, selling all kinds of potions you would expect to find, as well as a few "blessed poisons" - poisons that the forces of Good advocate for use on heretics. (2) Even with your study of law, you cannot remember any odd laws that could get the four-armed man, the Tiefling, or the Orc out of your hair.

Follow the group look out for any trouble.
tag along with the group to the destination.
You go to the market with the Aasimar, and are standing in the section with craftspeople and alchemists.

Statuses:

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bdthemag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ggamer (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Two: Shopping Spree
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:00 pm »

I check the prices for healing potions, blessed poisons, and magic resistance potions.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »

Ax almost smiled to himself, but he couldn't quite force the corners of his mouth to go up instead of down. At least they were a straight line instead of a frown. He found a quiet, deserted area to put the armor on since if he was wearing it people would be less likely to accuse him of stealing it. He also took the time to rub some dirt and road dust across it to make it look more worn. Finally, he went to another part of the market to find some throwing knives to loot/buy if necessary. After that he'd look around for a few members of his party to meet up with, preferably the golem since it was unlikely to judge him too harshly.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 05:00:11 pm »

"Thank you for leading me the right way Golem." He then looks for a store that would vend tomes on magic, looking for any books of runes specifically
Raggle Fraggle

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2011, 05:42:46 pm »

I wont be back until around Sunday morning-ish? So. Auto me or do something similar.
Raggle Fraggle

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2011, 06:20:15 pm »

Look for the weapon district, find an unarmed weapon shop.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2011, 06:58:16 pm »

alchemists, eh? getsen' meh a apothecary an' 'ave 'im kook me up soome poison.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2011, 08:03:05 pm »

Investigate the same store as Riccto. Try to find manuals relating to magitek. Once Riccto's done or I'm sure he'll be safely out of trouble for fifteen minutes, resume trying to procure steamwork transportation.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2011, 09:01:45 pm »

I check the prices for healing potions, blessed poisons, and magic resistance potions.
(4) The light healing potions are 1 gp each, but won't heal much more than a light scratch. The medium ones are 5 gp, and will heal up to a broken arm, the heavy healing ones are 20 gp and will regenerate limbs. (2) The blessed poisons are all very expensive (between 20 and 100 gp per bottle). (4) Magic resistance potions are 5 gp each, and can block most magic, but only for a minute per potion.

Ax almost smiled to himself, but he couldn't quite force the corners of his mouth to go up instead of down. At least they were a straight line instead of a frown. He found a quiet, deserted area to put the armor on since if he was wearing it people would be less likely to accuse him of stealing it. He also took the time to rub some dirt and road dust across it to make it look more worn. Finally, he went to another part of the market to find some throwing knives to loot/buy if necessary. After that he'd look around for a few members of his party to meet up with, preferably the golem since it was unlikely to judge him too harshly.
The armor looks like you've had it for a while. You put it on, and (6) it fits like a glove. It's almost as if this armor was specially made for someone about your size... (6+1) You see something out of the corner of your eye... Someone with a dagger drawn, about to pounce... (1) They jump, and miss completely! Without pausing to think, you grab your dagger and lunge at them! (3) (dodge:2) You stab the person - from the red eyes obviously a "fellow" Tiefling man - in the (BP:2) stomach. (damage:5) Your dagger sinks in! He doubles over in pain, and falls to the ground. "Bastard... Stealing my armor..." he croaks.

"Thank you for leading me the right way Golem." He then looks for a store that would vend tomes on magic, looking for any books of runes specifically
(1) You find a magic bookstore, and get lost in the shelves. You are a failure at navigating. (2) And you're in the Druidic magic area. Great...

Look for the weapon district, find an unarmed weapon shop.
(5) You find a shop that sells weapons designed for hand-to-hand fighting, and walk in. Wow... Just look at those weapons... (6) And look at that! A perfectly good pair of brass knuckles, for free! You ask the shop owner if they're really free, and he says, "Sure! G-go Right ahead and t-t-take them! Now!" Well, you learned never to pass up an offer like that, and slip on the brass knuckles once you get outside, planning to practice on some tree. Your fists feel strange... AAAAAH! Your hands are now spined claws! Well, it's not like this has never happened before... *sigh* You probably should have wondered why that store owner had hooks for hands...

alchemists, eh? getsen' meh a apothecary an' 'ave 'im kook me up soome poison.
(5) You find an apothecary shop without a problem! This one looks kind of seedy, but they have a great selection of poisons for every price range!

Investigate the same store as Riccto. Try to find manuals relating to magitek. Once Riccto's done or I'm sure he'll be safely out of trouble for fifteen minutes, resume trying to procure steamwork transportation.
(3) You follow Riccto to the store and "help" him get lost in an area of magic he can't use. (6) You purchase several Magitech manuals that were on sale (only 10 gp for the lot!) (5) You find a mechanic's shop with the appropriate amount of gears on the mechanisms, and go in. The mechanic, an elderly gnome, takes one look at you and almost faints. "How... How do you exist? That exquisite blending of magic and machine... Who made you?"

Statuses:

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bdthemag (click to show/hide)
, Cursed Brass Knuckles

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ggamer (click to show/hide)

[/quote]

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Three: Lost in the Library
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2011, 09:09:13 pm »

"A mage with a friend who was good with clockwork. I need steamwork components."

Buy (or perhaps just ask for) parts, ask mechanic for assistance with construction. Perhaps drag Riccto along too, his experience with exothermic reactions may come in handy.

Perhaps offer to let him have a look at my magi-clockwork brain in return for the parts.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 09:16:29 pm by Schilcote »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Three: Lost in the Library
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

'Ello 'der apo'. I'ssun wund'rin if you'da sell me that 40 G poisin ova 'der
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 61