Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61

Author Topic: RTPJ: Tis belongs to Schil now. Have fun.  (Read 87433 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Planejump! Turn Zero: Choose Your Magic Item
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 03:31:35 pm »

The Mutant looks around and simply say's "Enchant my clothing, make it more... subtle."
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »

Oh Wait. Its a Chose your Enchantment? I thought it was just enchanting to planephase
Raggle Fraggle

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 03:53:45 pm »

Oh Wait. Its a Chose your Enchantment? I thought it was just enchanting to planephase

That's the impression I got too. I'm trying to figure out more about the enchantment so I can make an informed decision as to what to enchant. Like, if I have to be touching it to work, I might take a piece of metal that I can have welded to myself. Unless it interferes with other enchantments (and therefore me).
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 04:12:54 pm »

Yeah I'm afraid to enchant an actual like Gear item only to lose it when I upgrade.
Raggle Fraggle

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 04:29:30 pm »

You can safely assume that you have all sorts of minor items around you. Say, a pencil. You could then tie a string aroun it and wear it on your neck. Schilcote, you're much more like a walking lump of metal, but you have mechanical joints. And the enchantment is just for planejumping.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 04:31:28 pm »

Alright. Leave mine the same then
Raggle Fraggle

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 04:37:14 pm »

As I was presumably sent here by my order, showing it the holy symbol probably wouldn't do anything. I'll use a ring instead.

Is anyone else worried that I can detect evil by hitting it with a sword? Because it worries me.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 04:41:05 pm »

I'saa got'sa coin. I'ffen you enchant that'n, I'll tie a string tew it and werre it!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:43:16 pm by ggamer »

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:23 pm »

As I was presumably sent here by my order, showing it the holy symbol probably wouldn't do anything. I'll use a ring instead.

Is anyone else worried that I can detect evil by hitting it with a sword? Because it worries me.
Does it tell you with a friendly bleep when its evil and a "YOU PSYCHOPATH" when it isn't?
Raggle Fraggle

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 04:42:31 pm »

You can detect evil by attacking it. But if they're no evil, you just hit a good guy with a sword. And just because someone is "evil" doesn't mean they will be opposed to your goals. "Evil" people would want to keep the universe safe so they could continue to profit/have fun in it. Schilcote, you're about nine feet tall.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:45:54 pm by choobakka »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »

All right, ignore what Axolisin said then and enchant a ring he has on his left hand. It's a small silver band.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 04:54:15 pm »

Wait. Do I have unlimited phials or do I need to find those along with ingredients?
Raggle Fraggle

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 05:16:52 pm »

I'saa got'sa coin. I'ffen you enchant that'n, I'll tie a string tew it and werre it!
You offer the man a gold coin you had in your pocket. He holds it for a little while and gives it back to you. The face on it looks a little different, but all humies look the same, so... You poke a hole in it with your tusk and string it around your neck.

The Mutant looks around and simply say's "Enchant my clothing, make it more... subtle."
You ask the man to enchant your clothes. He walks over to you, puts his hand on your shoulder, and after a minute says, "It is done." Your clothing appears to have a slight pattern of lighter-colored swirls, but you're not sure.

Hmmm. The Alchemist looks at the group, peering at each of them, his gaze moving to each with the gears churning in his mind, trying to figure them each out from the way they st- OH! A Golem!, A hidden grin spreads from beneath his robe as he scratches his chin with one hand, rubs another set of hands deviously and uses the other hand to
Reach into the many folds of his robe a produce a small crystaline phial with a length of cord attached to it
You grab a vial out of your robes, and hand it to the man. He breathes into it for a short time. When he gives it back to you, it looks like it's filled with a grey gas. You try to open it, but it's too tight. You put it back inside your heavy robes.

I remove the ring signifying that I'm on official business for my order, and hand it over to be enchanted.
You give the band warily to the probable demon in disguise. He holds it, probably enchanting it with some dark magic to destroy your soul, and gives it back to you. It looks like there is a sheen of oil on it, but it is completely dry. You put it on, after checking it for poisoned needles.

All right, ignore what Axolisin said then and enchant a ring he has on his left hand. It's a small silver band.
He takes the ring, and passes his hands over it. When you get it back, the ring looks like it's glowing slightly, but only in the light.

Schilcote glances (or at least stares for a very short period of time) at Serious, and then at Nirur. He remains silent.

He then turns his gaze back to the hooded man, and speaks. "Describe."
The man stares at you for a moment and says, "You are a special case. As you are not truly alive, my magics will not work for you. I can, however, alter your animating field to allow you to planejump. Will you accept this?"

Statuses:

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Schilcote (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: bdthemag (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: ggamer (click to show/hide)

As the golem is deciding on whether to allow someone to mess with his lifeforce, the cryptic quest hook hooded man turns to the rest of the party. "While I was enchanting your items, this room shifted into a different plane. We are now in a castle in the Nexus, the center of the elemental planes. The opposing forces cancel out here, so this is a safe haven. There is a large city, and a massive tower of planegates leading to almost all of the planes. You should meet my colleague at the gate-tower. He will give you more guidance. You should recognize him. He is very... Distinctive is the best way to put it. I will give you all a small amount of money to buy any supplies you might need." The door opens, and you can see a busy street. And the sky above. Which is a whirling maelstrom of elements. You see huge clouds of fire, which turn slowly into magma seas, and then mountains, hanging in the air. You can also tell that the Nexus is surrounded by a transparent wall of some sort that prevents the elements from destroying the city.

Riccto, you have unlimited phials, or at least so many that it doesn't matter.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »

tag along with the group to the destination.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2011, 05:43:33 pm »

Wanders first to some type of market, keeping all four of his arms tucked inside his volumnous robe he looks for materials for potions and poisons and that most fun type of pyrotechnical mix. He would also look to purchase a stout short sword or hatchet
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 61