Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 15\  (Read 15590 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 8\
« Reply #270 on: May 27, 2011, 05:36:34 am »

Turn 9

After about an hour of walking, You reach Yemnon, the closest city to the Laboratory. It is known for being the 'City of Miracles', because all of new medical discoveries have been made here. Sadly, the facilities were moved to the Laboratory by the Empire, and were destroyed. The facilities remaining, however, are still state of the art, and while not useable for experimentation purposes, they are good enough for general healing. Shortly after reaching the hospital, Timynn wanders off, saying he needs to talk to some contacts, organise some things. You eight are left at the hospital, after Herbert was taken in, and Tarran was lead off somewhere to get his arms treated. The options in this city are many; But sadly, little can be achieved without money. Timynn asked for you to think up ways to stay low, for now. But you could always go poking about... Because of abductions from the city, a lot of people have left, with most personal affects staying behind. The more recent ones are likely to still be there. You're a criminal anyways, for now, so why not go do a bit of looting if you want to? The Hospital is the tallest building in the city, so it is easy to spot.

(One turn to go look for something interesting in the city/hospital, before Timynn comes back.)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 9\
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2011, 05:39:04 am »

LET'S GO LOOTING!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 27, 2011, 05:47:21 am »

Try to find any unsecure upper floor windows, and loot using them, if neccisary attempt to see if i can use my claws to pick locks
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 27, 2011, 05:49:00 am »

"Great, now we're supposed to be burglars. I really feel heroic now...pass. The police are already looking for us."

Instead, Desmond hefted the weight of the fancy sword he had stolen earlier. For such a monstrous people, it was an amazingly...elegant weapon. It seemed to weigh almost nothing all, respond to the movements of his hand like an extension of his own arm. He noticed the hilt-engraved with a "Z.K". Heh. Desmond would enjoy using this-turn the tools of his oppressers against them. Now if he could just learn to use it...at least he wouldn't have to worry about hurting himself.

Imagining an invisble pot roast in front of him, he begin some practice slashes...

Start practicing with Zel Korans sword.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 27, 2011, 07:01:46 am »

Go looting, looking for a melee weapon of some sort.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2011, 07:16:33 am »

Kin was awed with the city. It was the biggest she ever seen in her entire life, the only city she seen even. And what more could she do than to explore the city? Why, by seeing the whole city from above.

So Kin darted for the tallest looking building and hoped to see the city from the roof top. She would surely discover new landmarks from there.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2011, 09:32:14 am »

Since I'm currently separated from the group, no roleplaying for me.

Get treated, don't loot.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2011, 09:53:32 am »

Rebecca was unsure what to do with herself. After a few minutes of fretting about Herbert and Tarran being injured, she turned to Shawn. "Hey, um... can you help me?" she asked. "I want to find a... a computer, and see if I can find any information about myself on it." She had a vague idea or memory that you could find anything on a computer. Hopefully she was right.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2011, 11:15:53 am »

Shawn liked the city, it was different. So far different had been good, he'd gotten out of his cell and that had been fun. He'd changed from the man to the lady and the lady was nicer. Hmm, she was talking now. Shawn cocked his head at her as she spoke. It made sense. Sort of. Shawn shrugged at her, computer sounded right, but he didn't have any idea how to find one.

Ooh butterfly!

Chase bugs, follow Rebecca if she moves.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2011, 11:30:36 am »

Rebecca smiled. He seemed like he was happy here. She followed him as he chased butterflies, keeping an eye out for an open door to a house that might possibly have computer equipment in it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 29, 2011, 05:29:12 pm »

Turn 10

Taric smiles somewhat gleefully at the word 'looting'... disturbingly enough. He heads out into the city, looking around using both visual and aural senses, combined with intuition for finding a good place. The streets are oddly deserted. Even with the abductions, there should be people on the main streets. But he can't even see one person. Maybe because this is residential, who knows. He finds a seemingly good place, and can't hear anything. It looks deserted; The door is even unlocked. Eagerly, he reaches out, and twists the handle, slowly inching the door open. Deciding everything is safe, he steps in. Stairs on the right, door at 12 o'clock, and an open archway in the wall to the left. Let's take the left first! Turn the corner. [1] What is that odd mechanical noi- BOOM. Blood and brains spray across the wall behind him. "Quick, let's get out of here... I TOLD you they'd find us here!" Of course, this is lost on Taric's dead ears. Not a moment after they left, Taric's head begins regrowing... and the first thing his brain shouts at him? IT HURTS! After one HELL of a headache fades away, Taric finally feels able to open his eyes. He's lying in a puddle of his own gore, and feels like he had one hell of a booze party last night. But hey, that probably means there's valuables they left behind, right? ... Fortunately, getting his head blown off is only a minor issue for Taric.

Jannele flies around the city. Not really anyone to watch her, either. Looking for higher story windows to climb in is her first thought. So she looks. Hey, this house looks empty. The window is [5] unlocked. Joyful day. Climbing in the window with a bit of difficulty due to her wings, Jannele takes a right into the closest door. It's some sort of bedroom... Hell, it looks like someone just left it. Going closer and feeling the bed, it is cold, so it wasn't used recently. After a quick look around [1] nothing reveals itself of use in the room. Except for a portable radio with no batteries. But what use it that? Really...

Desmond grimaces at the suggestion of looting; He wasn't a burglar, just a victim. Right? He wandered out the Hospital into a back alley of sorts, and started swinging the sword in practice strokes. Slowly, the speed of his strokes starts picking up. Unnoticed, the speed keeps rising untill one slip and the sword is sent flying, sparking off the wall, to clatter on the ground. Retrieving the sword, Desmond shudders a bit. Something feels wrong about this town... down to his very bones. This alleyway itself is too echoey... And there must be someone near-by, because there are whispers... the acoustics must be really bad, because the whispering is making him feel a bit dizzy. Not too bad, but just enough to make him lose his sense of gravity for a second. He slumps against a wall for support... and the whispering intensifies? It's like a chorus, all whispering in some sickeningly low tone, volume raising again and again... [2] Not good. Desmond can't stand anymore. Struggling to get up, Desmond uses the sword as a crutch, his legs shaking underneath him. Footsteps... and the whispering growing louder and louder. Then, he realises... this is a psychic attack. The Human vocal chords cannot make a sound like that. And then suddenly, it stops. The footsteps are gone too. Only because of the support can he stay upright. After a few moments, strength begins returning to his legs.

Cal saunters the streets, away from the others, looking for a good weapon. With his strength, a nice melee weapon would do good. Jumping the fence to a house, he grins gap-toothedly at the garden shed. He kicks down the door, chuckling slightly evilly. Inside is any number of tools he could use... there's an axe! He picks it up, heaving it. It has a good weight. Next to nothing. Deciding to test it out, he swings it at the back door to the house. Needless to say, the door splinters right off it's hinges. Whistling a tune, Cal walks off, back towards the Hospital.

Kin, wanting to see the entire city, goes looking for some stairs in the hopsital. It was by far the tallest building, so it would have the best view. She found the stairs easily... and started climbing. And climbing. And- oh damn it, this is taking too long. Eventually, after many minutes of climbing agony, she reaches the rooftop. The wind here is whipping around her, threatening to push her off. Thankfully, there is a rail at the side of the building. She rushes over, and looks over it. The view is... awesome! The surrounding countryside... the city. A few people that look like ants! It's simply amazing.

Tarran sighs slightly as the doctor smears some cold gel-like substance over his arms. When he is done, the Doctor begins to bandage them... "These will probably leave a mark. How did it happen, if you don't mind me asking?" The Doctor is trying to make small talk. All you know is, this guy, you'll probably never see him again.

Shawn and Rebecca wander the streets, following butterflies as they flutter by. A flash of knowledge wiggles it's way into Rebecca's mind; Nearly every house in this entire city has a computer, most likely. Walking up to a door, she knocks politely. That's only good manners, right? Shawn follows her, curiously. It seems noone is home, and the door is unlocked, so she lets herself in. Then the search begins; First room on the left: Kitchen. Second on the Left: Leisure Activities? A Television, some weird boxes that are called 'Game Consoles', a shelf of plastic cases with words on them and... A-ha! A Computer. She sits down at the Computer... but can't remember how to work it. Shawn inconspicuously presses the on button.

Herbert is also patched up. I forgot to mention it, and I don't have time to go in detail,
but he has been stitched and bandaged properly.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 05:36:23 pm by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 29, 2011, 05:31:59 pm »

"Ohhh, that HUR- Wait, how is this possible? Oh well" LOOT! And try and find some sweets for shawn.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2011, 05:32:23 pm »

Take it anyway, the parts couold be useful, then go looking for more stuff
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 10\
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2011, 05:40:50 pm »

Rebecca stared blankly at the screen. Maybe I shouldn't think about it... just let things come naturally. She attempted to fall into forgotten habits... and it worked! Her hand went right to the mouse and clicked on 'guest,' then as soon as the desktop booted double-clicked on the browser program. This left her looking at a company logo and a test entry field. Let's see, how do you even spell Rebecca Carter? She was under the vague impression it didn't have any 'k's in it at all. It took her fifteen tries, but eventually she was sure she had spelled it right and hit the search button. Now to browse the results...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 10\
« Reply #284 on: May 29, 2011, 06:12:10 pm »

"I would tell you. I really would. But telling you would very likely put my life at risk. So let's just say I was careless with a torch and set a barn on fire. Anyway, thanks for healing it."

Go back to Rebecca. Since she's one of the only two people other than me that introduced themselves even slightly so far.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30