Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30

Author Topic: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 15\  (Read 15601 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 8\
« Reply #240 on: May 22, 2011, 10:46:27 am »

"Research?" Rebecca said. "I... worked here?" She put her free hand to her forehead as she tried to picture herself on the other side of the door to her cell, being the one to come in and write notes and run tests. Nothing came to her. "You said we worked together? On what? Why was I in a cell? Is it because I have this regeneration thing the two of you are talking about?" She was agitated enough that it was almost visible on her face; if nothing else the speed of how one question came after another showed her state of mind.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 22, 2011, 10:49:09 am »

Cal groans. "Did anyone even think of helping me? I'm not exactly used to almost dying, you know.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 22, 2011, 10:52:42 am »

"We worked together on a few projects. You were there for the FTL project... You also worked on regeneration with me. Ironic, isn't it? Then when we finished, you volunteered. Some newbie screwed up and erased your memory skills. Then they added a few other modifications to you. Removed some. I actually felt bad when you left; you were one of the more promising of everyone in research."
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 22, 2011, 10:55:31 am »

"Would it be possible to get her memory back into a workable shape?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 22, 2011, 10:57:06 am »

"I don't know. I deal in genetic research, not mental trauma. Sorry... To you too, Rebecca. I can't help."
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 22, 2011, 10:57:47 am »

You're fine Cal, not many people die at your age. :P Also, to what extent is it possible to regenerate? Say, Taric or I get decapitated. Will the body grow a new head and the head a new body, or will we just lie there dead until somebody put the head back where it belongs and it reattaches, or are we just straight up dead?

"I... see..." she said, looking down, watching the grass around her feet as they walked. "I... don't suppose you would know if I have any living relatives or anything? Where to find anyone if so?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2011, 10:58:55 am »

"Now then, what would the facilities you're talking about so that you could continue those experiments on us?"

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2011, 10:59:20 am »

Cal grumbles about nobody respecting him and follows the group, watching out for anyone attacking him.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2011, 11:06:19 am »

Desmond poked through his file. He couldn't understand most of it...genotype this, phenotype that, blah blah blah.

He did figure a few things out though-apparently he had improved speed and endurance, as well as telepathy...that would explain color and isolation tests. He remembered sometimes feeling like the scientist wanted him to choose a specific color. Most of the time, he chose the wrong one on purpose, just because it was his only way of fighting back. And sometimes, after a few months in isolation, he would hear voices...he assumed he had been going mad.

He also remembered the weapon tests. They would fire things at him, sort of energy guns-but they wouldn't kill him, they would just hurt like Hell, and they would keep doing it with different ones for hours at a time.

"Hey Doc, what did they do to me anyway? I know now I can take hits like a champ, and I'm faster than a speeding bullet. What's this about telepathy, though? You telling me all that stuff I imagined people saying was real?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2011, 11:11:00 am »

(( Regeneration is absolute. It takes preference from different body parts and organs. If the brain is there, it will regenerate from the brain first, always. Then the heart, then important organs, then limbs, then everything else.))

"Taric, I would need advanced medical facilities, such as the ones at the capital, to continue. But do you really want someone messing with your genetics?"

He sighs, going silent for a moment. "Yes, you can read thoughts. It is usually more subtle than words though... A lot of people predominantly think through images, and general desires. Language is a learned habit, so it is harder to detect."

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 22, 2011, 11:15:21 am »

"Why not, maybe you could do what they didn't"

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 22, 2011, 11:21:18 am »

"As long as you are willing, I have nothing against it... Plus, I want to look into your regeneration to prove my theory, if possible. I could make it so much more efficient if I knew more..."

((By the way, guys, how are you liking it so far? I'm half winging it, but I'm working on both a proper story and a proper roll system. I started this up with more interest in the concept than the story or system, but... Yeah. ^^; ))

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 22, 2011, 11:22:11 am »

((Really good, keep it up :D))

"Okay, that sounds fair."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 22, 2011, 11:24:33 am »

(It's cool dude. Don't try to put TOO much thought into the system, as ironic as it is for me of all people to say that. >.> Story's more important, and this has potential and is interesting. ^^)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2011, 11:36:22 am »

((I'm thinking at the moment, the next part of the story will be helping Scientist who I have yet to think of a name for, save his family. Then there will be a little branch about finding somewhere for surgical upgrades to happen. After that, what I have planned is secret. ^^))

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 30