Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30

Author Topic: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 15\  (Read 15608 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 8\
« Reply #225 on: May 22, 2011, 06:50:57 am »

I don't think he's going to make it...unless any of your have magic goddamn healing hands or something, we need to get the Hell out of here.

Desmond sprints to freedom!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 22, 2011, 07:04:30 am »

"Let's move!" Get the hell out of there. Examine handgun.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 22, 2011, 08:06:10 am »

Rebecca raised a hand to her mouth uncertainly. "Everything's so violent out here," she said. She wanted to help the man who was pinned, but it looked like anyone who touched him died. "I'm sorry!" she said as she turned to follow Desmond and Taric.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 22, 2011, 09:27:42 am »

"So... You are just going to leave the man who saved your lives?! And I thought I was a bad person..."

The voice is coming from, surprisingly, the Scientist. He shakes his head, a slightly disgusted look on his face. He pulls a small roll of bandages out of his lab coat, turning to Herbert.

"Don't worry... I can't leave a dying man who saved me. Just hold on, I'll patch you up..."

He quickly yanks the corpse off Herbert, and pulls off the bloodstained gray shirt, and proceeds to pull out the sword. After that, he quickly starts to bandage Herbert, being very careful not to touch him. When he has to run the bandage underneath him, the scientist takes a deep breath. And then rolls him, letting out a small scream of pain, tears falling freely from his eyes. It seems like Herbert is only lethal after prolonged, constant exposure. Not too long after, Herbert is patched up, and the scientist is panting.

"He can't kill through clothing... Just pain. This is my redemption."

Disregarding the dull pain, the Scientist hauls Herbert over a shoulder and starts walking at an angle from the other three already leaving.

"You bastards can go die in the forest for all I care! I'm taking this guy to the closest town for medical assisstance!"

Thankfully, they can still hear his angered shout. And they realize the closest civilization is where the scientist is headed...

((Just wanted to give a bit of character to the scientist, and provide yall with info on Herberts power, and guidance to the closest town.  Oh, and save the poor guy, since noone else really would/could... Hope I did my NPC justice, and that it came out alright. ))
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 22, 2011, 09:33:00 am »

"Well someone has to make sure the way is clear sir"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 22, 2011, 09:36:56 am »

I would've but I was under the impression touching him at all was fatal. Then again I guess Taric and I could've handled him since we regenerate...

"Maybe we should follow him," Rebecca suggested, moving to the scientist. "Here, let me help." She went to Herbert's other side and put his other arm over her shoulders, hooking her arm around his waist to keep him up. She grit her teeth against the burning pins-and-needles feeling in her shoulders and arm from where she was making contact with him. "I'm sorry. I really don't know very much," she apologized to the scientist.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 22, 2011, 09:44:43 am »

Desmond turns around

"Well, good for you.... If only your morals had kicked in while I was screaming after my fourth month of the isolation chamber, begging for someone to talk to me...or at least give me some water. Don't tell me, you expected your sick experiments to produce well balanced members of society? You people wanted monsters, and you got them...

He finshes, facing forward. Desmond didn't feel good about this at all. Was he really a monster? Or merely a man, reduced to his most base instincts?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 22, 2011, 09:45:50 am »

((Just in case it wasn't clear, you guys are going in the wrong direction. Also, there is a reason I didn't give Tyberix more powers... His power is the strongest, in pretty much every field. I'll let you guess why :P... Second strongest would be regeneration, hands down.))

The Scientist grunts.

"Thanks, Rebecca..."

After a few moments of carrying Herbert, the pain subsides somewhat. The scientist looks sidelong at Rebecca. "So... Is it true that you don't remember anything?"

The scientist cringes at what Desmond says, but ignores him for the most part. His part in the experiments was research. But he still should've done something earlier. If only they didn't have his family... He'd ask for help from these 10 when they got to Tarqonin... some of them had to help.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:49:51 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 22, 2011, 09:56:32 am »

((I figured I would keep walking forward until I ran into a battalion of tanks to test my durability on))

Desmond changes direction as abruptly as Rebecca. He didn't exactly trust the scientist, and wouldn't be surprised if he tried to sell them out. Bastard would probably get himself a promotion.

"Well, I've got no where better to go anyway, so I might as well follow, keep an eye on you. You act awfully high and mighty for someone who was working at that place. What did you do there anyway? When I first saw you, your reminded me of that son of a bitch with the clipboard who shocked me when I failed on the color guessing game."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 22, 2011, 10:06:16 am »

"I was in the research division. I know anything noteworthy about any of you. In fact, you are all in the official top 25. Something about your physiology increases the modifications we... They... gave you, exponentially over time. I also researched stuff like new MagiTek, and I touched on faster-than-light travel a few times. I never actually did any experimentation... Even though I was probably the best at it, they were courteous enough not to force me."

He sighs slightly, shifting Herbert, so it was slightly more comfortable. A faint buzzing could be heard from his coat, but he ignored it.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 22, 2011, 10:09:17 am »

Figures...Desmond then remembered the file on him Rebecca had given him earlier, and decided to take a long look now that he wasn't in danger of iminent death.

((Action: Read the file on me))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2011, 10:13:43 am »

Taric ran over to help Rebecca carry herbert. He started talking to the scientist. "Hey, if he's lethal to touch, maybe only the regeneratives should carry him. Safer that way." He then realizes what the scientist is talking about.

"So you could give us further enhancements?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2011, 10:20:14 am »

"Rebecca?" she asked, looking up and to the left. "Rebecca, Carter... Rebecca Carter..." *A memory, lying in bed, rolling over to hit an alarm clock. "Get up Rebecca, you'll be late!" a young boy's voice says. "Shut up Tommy," she says, putting a pillow over her head.* "I... think my name's Rebecca Carter," she said with a sad smile to herself, knowing that while this was a small victory she wouldn't remember it tomorrow. She could never keep up with anything from day to day unless she managed to form a strong connection to events. I have to remember this. Carrying... Herbert... with this scientist... he says "Thanks, Rebecca," to me, despite the pain and weariness of supporting another man's weight, and the grass smells like it's been cut and the sun is bright against my eyes and Herbert's heavy and hurts me where I'm touching him but I don't want to leave him behind.. and my name is Rebecca Carter.

"I'm sorry... sometimes I remember things. Small flashes, here and there. I think I have a younger brother named Thomas?" The memory had been completely divorced from context, but it seemed like she had been young herself; possibly late for school? "I remember their names, and I remember that we left the facility, although I don't remember if we were supposed to evacuate or not. I remember my cell. I..." she trailed off as he said he knew anything noteworthy about them. "Regeneratives?" she said to Taric's statement, then turned to the scientist. "Please, can you tell me anything about myself? I'll do my best to remember it this time, I promise."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2011, 10:38:07 am »

The Scientist looks at Taric as he runs over.

"How did you know? ... Nevermind, it isn't that hard to figure out. You and Rebecca here, if you touched Herbert for too long would die, same as all of us. Unfortunately for you, you'll come back. We never tested the extent of your regeneration, but theoretically, you can't stay dead for long. Unless there is nothing left, your DNA code will always kickstart a total mass regeneration. It will completely restore your body. Herbert works by draining essentially your life force. It sounds like a concept from a book, but it's the only way I can describe it. My personal theory? Living beings generate something, and can't survive for longer than a moment without it. As they grow old, their generation falters, and their bodies degrade... And then, generation stops. While my original goal was just total regeneration, which no matter the wound, as long as it wasn't lethal, would fully heal, no scars or anything, I somehow unlocked the trigger to life force. When you are wounded, even your dead cells will generate... In mass quantities, like a slow decay then a big bang. This kickstarts the original cell regeneration that I devised."

He paused for a moment to let it sink in. "Yes I could modify you more, if I had the necessary facilities."

After saying this, he turned to Rebecca. "The only thing I can tell you is that you used to work in research with me. We talked a few times, but I never really got to know you."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:40:15 am by Talarion »

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2011, 10:40:22 am »

"It's not like the files were hidden, I found mine laying ontop a table. And what would the facilities you're talking about?"
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 30