Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 15\  (Read 15594 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD.
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:01 am »

Turn 4

Magic? Really? Tarran decides to try it. He throws out his hand, fingers splayed, eyes closed... slowly, words, utterly strange and alien, enter his mind. 'Az ghera'tal tan yo'kal... Khan!' Suddenly, the air seems thick, violent around him, his clothes and hair whipping around. After a moment, a small flame flickers to life. Slowly it grows, untill a flame the size of a small ball is swirling in his hand. Then, it lances forward. [1] Straight into a highly combustible can of gas. Why is that there?

Boom.

The shockwave knocks everything over. Who leaves experimental explosive gas lying around in an office, honestly?

Rebecca and Kin meet up, and after a talk, Rebecca shows Kin the map, and Kin reads her file. After some interesting information about her personality, there is one sentence. "Can phase through solid matter." And nothing more. Is this an incomplete file or something? Rebecca turns a corner, following the map, to see a man and a child, as well as a man in the guard uniform. The first man seems to be trying to coax the latter into dropping his sword...

"Desmond Black, you wish me to drop my only real chance to damage you? You are a fool." [4 vs 3] Captain Zal Koran says as he lunges forward, slashing his sword into Desmond's side. Sadly, his speed is a match for Desmond now! Desmond is sent into a wall. Needless to say, it cracks. Isn't it lucky that he could probably take an hour of this treatment? Zal Koran himself, however, probably couldn't. He is rolling in the ground on pain, Shawn staring him down. Out of sheer childish will, and intellect, he managed to figure out what was modified into him. Energy Manipulation. Zal Koran looks up at him "Shawn Ordo... S-... Subject 129-7K. Perfect. Potential as SuperSoldier: 98%" He struggles to get up, but each time, the movement amplifies his own nerve signals to be powerful enough to cause his muscles to spasm, thus keeping him grounded.

Jannele picks herself up, having reacted just fast enough to cover her body with her wings. The guard isn't in sight, and fire rages around her. In front of her, she sees Tarran and James. Tarran is sitting on the ground, and James is standing like a bad-ass in front of him... His eyes are wide, and... golden? And shards of rock and burns cover his chest. It looks bad, untill he rips them out of his chest, and barely any blood comes out. In fact, at a closer look, the burns themselves look to be mere top layer burns and soot from other things. Slowly, his eyes fade back to their normal color, but not before a low growl can roll out of his throat.

Cal decides to capture the next guard he sees alive. [1] He sees alive guards alright. About one hundred of them, in a giant melee with escaping prisoners. Well.

The scientist slowly walks towards Herbert, who steps aside to let the skitterish scientist past. Quickly, the scientist walks off, Herbert in tow. After about a minute or so of walking, a large explosion is heard, and the scientist stops in his tracks. "What was that...?" He obviously doesn't want to move, but he probably doesn't want to die either.

Quickly Taric dives behind the desk. Two guards walk in the door, swords drawn, and a white lab coat can be seen just outside of the door, barely in his field of vision. [4] "One of the files is missing, Dr. Zakarian." One of the guards says, after a minute or so of looking through them. Presumably, Dr. Zakarian replies to him. "It's fine... the rabble probably came down here looking to loot something interesting. As if we kept our weapons here! It's a good thing that none of them know about the armory, otherwise we might lose control of the situatio- ..." Some voices are heard, crackling slightly, before Dr. Zakarian says slowly; "Zal Koran is down. I need both of you to go contain the situation: That side entrance is unguarded, the Subjects are already gone by now. Go to the main riot site, terminate them all. We've finally confirmed that noone with any potential is there. When you're done, terminate the guards. They are a liability now, if they failed to even stop a simple terrorist attack..." With a salute, the guards both walk out. What was that about?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2011, 05:07:37 am »

Jump out and interrogate the kind doctor.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:37:09 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2011, 05:20:17 am »

Hehehehehe, magi-wait, what? Seriously? ...Someone needs to smack whoever put that there.

"What the hell was that gas can doing there?!

Oh whatever, thing is, I have freaking magic! I can do whatever I want! Hahaha, awesome! But for now, about that fire."

Get some water on that fire ASAP. Via magic creation, of course. Use my powers to move the fire into some nearby unimportant section of the building
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:11:16 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2011, 05:24:26 am »

Desmond Black, where have I heard that name before? Rebecca asked herself, tilting her head to the side. Oh, that's right. It's on this piece of paper. She took it out and looked at it, then at Desmond. "Test Subject 84-D7, Desmond Black. Perfect," she read off, then returned her attention to the man by the, for some reason, cracked wall. "Is that you? I'm... Carter, I think. This is Kin." She gestured at the girl by her side. "I think I was supposed to give this to you? And we were supposed to go here to leave?" she said. If she had a tone in her questions, it would've been an unsure one, but as it was her voice was so flat they almost sounded like statements. "So... here you go," she said, holding out the file to him and looking away, only just now seeing the child nearby. What's a young boy doing here? "Are you evacuating too?" she asked him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2011, 06:17:02 am »

"Was that everything? What about my birth or parents? Who am - Why is this guard lying here?" Kin wondered. She kneeled down to the man and stared for a while and then started poking him. "Are you alright?" A few spasms and some inaudible gurgles was the response she got. No wait, a piercing glare too.

After getting the hand wavings from the child that Kin have no real understanding of she will continue to follow miss Carter's map.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2011, 06:17:47 am »

It's funny, Tarran, because you can't create atoms from nothing. Magic is akin to energy manipulation, except where energy manipulation is focused more on redirecting or changing existing energy, Magic draws from the field of magic around the planet to create new energy sources. Two different sides of the same coin, so to speak. (Basically, it means that you can't douse the fires. Draignean, on the other hand, could probably change them to a different type of energy that was safe(r)... but you're going to have fun. You can also use the magic field itself. Fun Fact: Most technology is run on magic these days. You could probably shut down an entire city if you wanted to. I should stop giving you ideas and start laughing more at your predicament, shouldn't I? The dice bring out the worst in me. When yall roll low... I make it known. D:

Oh, I forgot, you can also do things likemanipulategravityandmaybebreakthebarrierbetweendimensions*coughcough* Sorry, i got a bad case of 'give the players bad ideas' syndrome, really is a horrible thing... ^^;
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:20:12 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2011, 06:56:14 am »

Run into the melee and beat up every guard I can find!

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: The Star of Xaviros! Sci-Fi Fantasy RTD. /Turn 4\
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2011, 08:45:02 am »

Oh, I just noticed. Taric, two things: One... The Dr left with the other two. And two... Dr Zakarian would kick your puny ass sideways twenty ways to Jupiter. Why? He is a natural Mage. He is also on par with the Guards best. AND he has a personal force field. You actually barely rolled high enough to stop them from staying and finding you next turn.

What more do you need?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2011, 08:51:22 am »

Oh...

Look around some more.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2011, 08:55:29 am »

by the way, what type of wing does my character have, Avian, Bat, Reptilian or insectoid?

"Hello you two, my name is janelle", hold out a hand to help tarran up "well you seem to have gotten a head start on me" motioning to the flames, "but you realy should have thought of how we are going to get out"

Look for a way out of the firey mess
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Trollan

• Bay Watcher
  • O hai!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2011, 09:52:02 am »

"Whoa, did I just rip that out of my chest and growl? Whatever, I'm Fine. James Findlay here." Follow the other two, just helping out.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2011, 10:32:25 am »

Thanks...whoever you are. You too kid...looks like the brick wall got hurt more than me, what the Hell...

You would probably get executed or something for failing, so I'll just put you out of your misery, right buddy?

Get the sword, and use it to impale this fool.
EDIT: Oh, and lead my merry band to escape from this place-the doors right there! D:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 12:26:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2011, 12:13:37 pm »

"Uh,What was that ? Listen if you wanna get from this alive, we should get moving - i'm not going to harm if you cooperate but i can't vouch for others... And i guess your own guards won't be forgiving for someone who helps uh... subjects.. Your decision though.." If he refuses to go just smack him on the head and go onward alone.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2011, 01:10:04 pm »

It's funny, Tarran, because you can't create atoms from nothing.
Oh.

Well, editing.

Oh...

Look around some more.
Ye might want to strikethrough your canceled action to be nice to the GM.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2011, 03:10:14 pm »

Very nice avatar, SeriousConcentrate. I would have comissioned for one for Kin in your awesome style but then I remembered my avatar already is how I imagine Kin to be, so that would be a waste of time on your part. Do love how often you change avatar though. Almost like a showcase.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30