Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [PET_EXOTIC]?  (Read 808 times)

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[PET_EXOTIC]?
« on: April 26, 2011, 05:19:25 pm »

I removed the [PET_EXOTIC] tags from the helmet snake entry and replaced them with [PET] so I could tame them, yet the snake doesn't appear in the Tame Large Animal list. Do I need to regen a world in order for these changes to take effect or am I missing something?
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: [PET_EXOTIC]?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:20:37 pm »

Did you change them in the default raws, or did you change them in the specific raw files in the save folder for that world?  To make a change in an existing game you need to change the copy of the raws in the save folder.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:35:54 pm »

I didn't realize that. Where do I find the game-specific raws?

EDIT: Does that mean I can have games running different copies of the raws? Ones with entirely different creatures?
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »

1. Look for your Save folder, look for your region (usually region1 if you have one game going), it has a copy of all the raws.  For majority of effects to take... effect you need to edit these raws, rather the the main ones in the main DF folder which take effect when worlds are regened.
2. Yes, as long as the raws are different.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:49:09 pm by MythagoWoods »
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:40:09 pm »

So awesome! Thank you very much, both of you!

The days of the war-helmet snakes and war-elk bird and war-everything-I-can-find-underground's have begun!

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

For other idiots like me, the "raw" folder is hidden in the sea of .dat files.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 05:49:41 pm »

If you add the TRAINABLE tag to goblin invader mounts, subsequent invasions will be mounted on War versions. That could also be fun.

Add Trainable to ogres and trolls while you're at it.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:05:49 pm »

If you add the TRAINABLE tag to goblin invader mounts, subsequent invasions will be mounted on War versions. That could also be fun.

Add Trainable to ogres and trolls while you're at it.

I both note and fear your words.

No war jabberers then.